The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Sophie's magic never fails to delight! Truly precious! Made my day- and brought a joyful tear to the eye!

Old 04-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Delightful, as always.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's not confirmed on the BRF website yet and Majesty is apparently using "inside sources". It is expected but I will wait for confirmation.
If Majesty Magazine posted it, then it has to be true.
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 18 Apr The Earl & Countess of Wessex will attend the wedding of Princess Madeleine of Sweden with Christopher O'Neill in Stockholm on 8 June.
They get scoops sooner than others, so most likely confirmation will follow shortly.

Quote:
Those pics were taken from FB (I posted link earlier).
Here it is again:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3158522&type=1

Btw Countess is wearing new bracelet from Heavenly necklaces in aqua chalcedony.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
... Btw Countess is wearing new bracelet from Heavenly necklaces in aqua chalcedony.
Anna - you eagle eye!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Anna .. how did you see the bracelet ... you're super. Sophie looks really pretty love her .....
Old 04-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Thanks! My friend Susan, often says I have the most eagle eye of all the eagles :)
I spotted it when looking through pics from school visit. It's not visible at pics from Royal Mint.
Here's my post on bracelet:
Countess of Wessex jewelry | Facebook
Old 04-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Serene Highness

Anna, I've said it before, but I'll say it again....Don't know what we'd do w/out you here in the Wessexes area of TRF and I really don't want to find out either. Thanks for the info on Sophie's bracelet, as it's really pretty and something I could see myself wearing. Also the picture you've got up is just lovely.

As is HRH's brand new Official Portrait for the Lions Intl UK. She's really come into her own these last two to three years, hasn't she?
Old 04-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do hope it is true about the Wessex's attending the wedding. Hello! magazine had an article about it too. I do wonder how people do get confirmation from this though. I figured Edward and Sophie would go as it makes sense, mainly because the Royals all know who they are. It does help that they have many things in common with them and are in similar life stages (young children, as Sophie, Maxima and Mette-Marit had their first child within months of each other - November (Louise), December (Amalia) and January (Ingrid-Alexandra)) I would have been quite disappointed had they not attended to be honest.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I do hope it is true about the Wessex's attending the wedding. Hello! magazine had an article about it too. I do wonder how people do get confirmation from this though. I figured Edward and Sophie would go as it makes sense, mainly because the Royals all know who they are. It does help that they have many things in common with them and are in similar life stages (young children, as Sophie, Maxima and Mette-Marit had their first child within months of each other - November (Louise), December (Amalia) and January (Ingrid-Alexandra)) I would have been quite disappointed had they not attended to be honest.
Molly, they always represented Queen on such occasions, since at least 2001.
Cambridges are pregnant, and wouldn't be able to attend, plus I don't think HM would change that "tradition". I am certain they will go.
Charles and Camilla never represented royals on such occasion,so far. And I don't think they ever will....
After all, Edward is the only child who stayed in his marriage and I'm sure it will always be that way, so it seems logical, that they should represent royal family at royal weddings.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Pictures from Countess Wessex visit to Plymouth and Devon:
1. The Countess of Wessex visit to REI at Derriford Hospital | Facebook
2. http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Soph...#axzz2RIYRd0kA
Countess is wearing matching earrings to her Aqua bracelet.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie's dress looks new and I like the colour of it. It's such a beautiful day in England today though, so I hoped she would have worn a brighter colour. Thanks Anna for the images.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Courtier

Wedding confirmed:
8th June 2013

The Earl and Countess of Wessex

representing The Queen, will attend the Marriage of Princess Madeleine of Sweden with Mr. Christopher O'Neill in Stockholm, Sweden.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...ts.aspx?MRF=CW
Old 04-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love Sophie in the black and white and now the question is do I buy the cute bracelet and earrings????
Old 04-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Courtier

Earrings are not yet on site, as they are very new. They should be shortly, bracelet is, and I have a hard time choosing, between that and the citrine she wore in Czech.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Wedding confirmed:
8th June 2013

The Earl and Countess of Wessex

representing The Queen, will attend the Marriage of Princess Madeleine of Sweden with Mr. Christopher O'Neill in Stockholm, Sweden.
MRF Future engagements
The Swedish Royals love a good June wedding, don't they? Glad it's been confirmed and I actually can't wait to see what Sophie wears! I kind of wish Edward wouldn't wear a uniform as I think white tie and tails are nicer.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

White tie and tails will be seen the night before, just like with Victoria's wedding I believe.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
White tie and tails will be seen the night before, just like with Victoria's wedding I believe.
Edward wore a bow tie to the concert and for the ceremony he wore white tie and tails, whereas for Albert's and Guillaume's weddings he wore uniforms. Up until Albert's he had always wore white tie and tails.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Courtier

Btw I managed to ID Sophie dress, it's by Joseph.
Countess Sophie's ID's | Facebook
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Stunning pics!I imagine Sophie and Lady Louise have spent their fair share of time at the eye doctor!And great news about the Swedish wedding!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Btw I managed to ID Sophie dress, it's by Joseph.
Countess Sophie's ID's | Facebook
"nicely done. I have decided chalcedony is the new (and better) turquoise. Especially on Sophie!