Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 7: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SCBU? I know it more than likely means the same as Neo Natal Intensive Care Unit, but first time I've seen the term. Hard to believe it's almost 10 years since that scary night when both Sophie and Louise nearly died. Thank God we'll all be celebrating that day in a month or so instead of marking the Anniversary what could have been a beyond tragic event.

What a wonderful story and gift from Sophie. Loved his reply about why it's not such a bad thing to have lost a leg, but the again, he's also a member of a very special Generation who very much dealt w/it and just got on w/things. They haven't been named The Greatest Generation for nothing. :)

Oh, I so agree! Think of all the good Sophie has done, that would not have happened had she died. I cannot imagine the royal family without her. And Louise and James would not be here.
Forgot to say in my earlier post how much I loved the man's response to losing a leg-:lol: But seriously, that is the right attitude to have....

Oh, I so agree! Think of all the good Sophie has done, that would not have happened had she died. I cannot imagine the royal family without her. And Louise and James would not be here.
Forgot to say in my earlier post how much I loved the man's response to losing a leg-:lol: But seriously, that is the right attitude to have....

I just read this and realised you were referring to Sophie dying during Louise's birth. Oh my word, that is an awful though. Frimley Park staff and Marcus Setchel saved Sophie's life and Edward made a little speech when he went to see her to the press. He thanked the staff for their immediate reactions and saving Sophie's life. He was obviously very appreciative and this situation gave the public a different opinion of the Wessex's. The public had huge sympathy for the family as Sophie nearly died and was very ill.

That is what I though, and then I saw that someone from the visit to Leeds today added the account in one of her tweets...

I can't see Sophie using Twitter, yet I didn't see Andrew using it either to be honesrt.

Duke of York account has been veryfied etc... I hope one day Countess will join twitter as well. But that account appears fake to me, because of the choice of pictures. I am pretty sure real Sophie, would have used something totally different, and it would come along with some confirmation. Frankly everything about that account screams fake...
What DStJ. can stand for?

Last edited:
I think it's a fake too. I think Sophie would do well to get a twitter account though. Lots of other Royals have accounts. It helps to publicise what they are doing as everyone uses Twitter now.

It is Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem. Sophie is a Dame of Justice of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem.

Sophie has been involved in some pretty shady dealings. Remember the fake Sheik sting operation by New of the World , where she claimed to be the new Diana, and generally badmouthed members of the BRF as well as politicians.

You're after Sophie? Anna I think I'll leave this to you darling!

You're after Sophie? Anna I think I'll leave this to you darling!
To me?
You mean comment that "Sophie has been involved in some pretty shady dealings and the fake sheik"?
That story, which I am sure we know only part of it, has happened more than a decade ago, and it has no meaning to me.
I use this forum only to support Countess and her work, I am not dealing with people who want to use it, to share their frustration. How many times people will use the same phrase? "badmouthed members of the BRF", It's getting so boring, maybe some new choice of words would help?
btw, darling? I had no idea you had liked me so much...

So, to move on, 2 pics from visit to the hospital.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151685721059227&set=a.420203474226.194784.366414524226&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F1274735_10151685721059227_1372227132_o.jpg&smallsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fscontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-prn1%2F1231074_10151685721059227_1372227132_n.jpg&size=2048%2C1362
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...51685713774227_201418445_n.jpg&size=2048,1362

Last edited:
I don't think Lumutqueen was being offensive, Anna. I think she was complimenting you in the sense that you are a supporter of Sophie so she was going to let you remark on Princess me's comments about Sophie and speak highly of Sophie.

As Anna said, that Fake Sheikh situation was in 2001. A long time ago in the grand scheme of things and Sophie has done a lot since then to prove she is a committed royal family member. The Queen forgave Sophie and has since then, reportedly, become very close to Sophie and is said to have her as favourite. I think if the Queen can get over it, so can the public. At the end of 2001 she obviously suffered an ectopic pregnancy where again she lost a lot of blood and was very ill. This made the public sympathise with her a lot, and helped her image. I know that it's horrible that it took something so negative and horrible to change her public image, but to be fair Sophie NEEDED to change her image at the start of her time as an HRH. She was definitely milking it but part of me of thinks, "Who wouldn't?" She changed a lot and has since become very popular and long may it continue.

Thanks for the images, Anna. I am not sure I like her red dress but she is pretty as always!

I don't think Lumutqueen was being offensive, Anna. I think she was complimenting you in the sense that you are a supporter of Sophie so she was going to let you remark on Princess me's comments about Sophie and speak highly of Sophie.
I'm not sure about that Molly but my comment was more toward person who made sheik comment.
It's just there is this site: royaldish, and there is topic about Sophie, and that sheik comment reminded me so much about that place.
There are so many people who literally hate Countess and write their comments only to say hateful things about her. I just don't get it...

Last edited:
As for her dress, I like her in red, that dress looks like was made for her, because of the detail on sleeves and neckline. I like it. But no idea who made it. Countess visited today Goldsmiths Fair, but couldn't find a single pic. Maybe tomorrow.
Wonder if she got some new jewellery.
From the tweets the South Africa visit should get coverage, not from press, as I haven't heard anything from any photographer, but UK in SA, their consul and a PR person were really nice and said who to follow, and that they will be sharing pics and info. It wasn't like that when I was asking about India & Qatar, so I am being so far optimistic in that topic. :flowers:
I am really axcited about that.

Last edited:
Thanks for checking about their trip to SA, Anna.

I am looking forward to seeing Edward installed as a Chancellor at Bath University in November. Mainly because it has happening at Bath Abbey which is BEAUTIFUL. When I visited Bath in March of this year I was blown away by the architecture, and the Abbey inside was stunning.

To me?
You mean comment that "Sophie has been involved in some pretty shady dealings and the fake sheik"?
That story, which I am sure we know only part of it, has happened more than a decade ago, and it has no meaning to me.
I use this forum only to support Countess and her work, I am not dealing with people who want to use it, to share their frustration. How many times people will use the same phrase? "badmouthed members of the BRF", It's getting so boring, maybe some new choice of words would help?
btw, darling? I had no idea you had liked me so much...

So, to move on, 2 pics from visit to the hospital.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151685721059227&set=a.420203474226.194784.366414524226&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F1274735_10151685721059227_1372227132_o.jpg&smallsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fscontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-prn1%2F1231074_10151685721059227_1372227132_n.jpg&size=2048%2C1362
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...51685713774227_201418445_n.jpg&size=2048,1362
Lovely photos.

Thank you Molly! Exactly what I meant.

To Anna;
As for the 'darling' it wasn't so much a term of endearment as to something you would notice and therefore respond to Anna. You seem best equipped to deal with Sophie hate rather than myself.

Princess me, seems unfamiliar as to how things work around here.

Edward and Sophie are on the hunt for a new private secretary to head their staff,based primarily at Baghsot Park.
https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engi...wYTAxZjFkZWFiNzQxYTlmOWZjMTI5NzIxMzA0YzAzYg==

The Private Secretary supports Their Royal Highnesses in all matters, including those relating to patronages, security, and state and ceremonial events, and organises the official programme, accompanying them on official and working visits in the UK and abroad.

no mention of the salary though...

Last edited:
That was released last week I think and the one I read said it was a 6 figure salary.... It's a huge commitment though and long hours. A lot of travelling I involved.

Thank you Molly! Exactly what I meant.

To Anna;
As for the 'darling' it wasn't so much a term of endearment as to something you would notice and therefore respond to Anna. You seem best equipped to deal with Sophie hate rather than myself.

Princess me, seems unfamiliar as to how things work around here.
Ok, I understand. Thanks.

:previous: Thanks for this Dman, I was just going to ask what time Prince Edward's interview with Classic fm would be on. I'm already tuned in. :flowers:

More information from Classic fm's website

The Full Works Concert

Tonight, Jane Jones presents a very special Full Works Concert, in celebration of Her Majesty the Queen’s 60-year reign.

On 25 September, Classic FM recorded a unique concert at Windsor Castle, as part of the Windsor Festival – of which HRH The Earl of Wessex is the Patron.

You welcome, I'm just glad I'm able to listen to it here in the US too. Of course I had to stand for the National Anthem.

You welcome, I'm just glad I'm able to listen to it here in the US too. Of course I had to stand for the National Anthem.

I too felt patriotic when I heard the National Anthem too (I always do) and found myself humming along.

The Coronation Festival sounded like it was a great event to go to, I wonder if you could buy tickets online or whether you had to be selectively invited. I heard that it took place in the Chapel Royal at Hampton Court, which is lovely (I got a glimpse of it when I visited Hampton Court; unfortunately you can't go inside).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom