The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Gentry

molly, where did you get your profile pic from? :) it's nice!

Old 10-21-2012, 04:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sunshine, I made it myself from a cap from the Wedding service.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

The British Royals Message Board: Luxembourg Experience!

I like the idea of Edward & Sophie travelling economy class on a regular flight back from Luxembourg while 1st class remained empty.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
The British Royals Message Board: Luxembourg Experience!

I like the idea of Edward & Sophie traveling economy class on a regular flight back from Luxembourg while 1st class remained empty.
Great blog post - I do hope it is true! It's rare here in the US for flights to have empty seats, these days. I assume the Duke was playing Spider Solitaire on his laptop the entire flight.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Great blog post - I do hope it is true! It's rare here in the US for flights to have empty seats, these days. I assume the Duke was playing Spider Solitaire on his laptop the entire flight.
Luxembourg to London on a Sunday afternoon would not be the busiest route in the system or the longest flight for the Eark and Countess.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would love to see them on a flight back, just chilling side by side doing regular things on a flight. I would try to listen into their conversation because I am nosy like that!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Snygga Sophie – vad är hemligheten? | Svensk Damtidning *** translation
Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

That is a lovely article, it is always lovely to read compliments for Sophie. I particularly liked their comment about her dimples. I think her dimples are so cute and it is lovely that James has inherited her dimples.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Courtier

Hi, has any of you found photos from yeserday events?:
1st November 2012
Patron, Vision 2020: The Right To Sight, will attend the Thirtieth Anniversary celebrations of ORBIS at Royal Hospital Chelsea, London SW3.
will attend the WheelPower Dinner, Bridgewater House, 14 Cleveland Row, Westminster, London.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

No, sorry, annaelfka.

Today, The Countess of Wessex presented Operational Service Medals for duty in Afghanistan to 22 Field hospital, Aldershot troops on November 2, 2012 in Aldershot, England.

One and Two

More images here: GettyImages + RexFeatures
Old 11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
No, sorry, annaelfka.
Thank you for photos from today! I hope bigger ones will apear somewhere...
Do you happen to know why there are no photos from yesterday events, they were behind closed doors? My royal obsession started with Duchess of Cambridge, but somewhere in the middle came Sophie to my attention! Kate is covered by press like they were mad, photos can be found with no problem, with Sophie it gives me a lot of regrets. Especially that at latest State Banquet she was present, and only photo I could find is this blurry image of her in the distance...
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/reuters/...-indonesia.jpg
And this tiny from the side http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/302...xbanquet20.jpg
It looks like she recycled her outfit from Luxemburg wedding, including tiara, so it could mean, her latest tiara is permament loan. At least I hope so.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for all the links

Sophie looks amazing
Old 11-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Courtier

The Rifles' "Swift and Bold" Concert that was attended by our Sophie
‘The Rifles’ celebrate 200 years at the Royal Albert Hall « The Official British Army Blog
Click on Sophie's photo, it will open in HQ.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks just gorgeous on both occasions IMO
Old 11-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great video of always amazing Countess of Wessex on her visit to Hotter Shoes based in Skelmersdale Lancashire, October 15th

Promotional corporate video of HRH the Countess of Wessex visit to the UK
Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie mötte militärer – i lila outfit | Svensk Damtidning *** translation
Old 11-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Mag for the article, so lovely to see Sophie complimented.

The Countess of Wessex visited Prior's Court School, Berkshire.

Image Gallery - RexFeatures

On a side note, one of my close friends moved to Bagshot, Surrey in July this year and I was visiting her over the weekend. She lives a 10 minute walk from the entrance to Bagshot Park. I made her walk to the entrance to see if I could spot anything (long shot really as the house is not visible from the entrance), but all you can see is the two gates, the sign saying it is private land and the small brick building which I assumed housed a security guard. I always imagined the entrance to be hidden but it is literally on the bed on the road, it's odd. It was exciting, I really hoped we'd spot them come out or something, but maybe next time! I have told my friend to look out for them incase they ever go into the village. Bagshot is a tiny village, it's quite quaint and it is literally a 10 minute drive from Ascot and 30 minutes from Windsor. Went to Windsor today, saw the Guildhall and Windsor Castle again. I love Windsor!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Bigger pics at Zimbio!
Sophie, Countess of Wessex In Chievley Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 11-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Photos from Remembrance Sunday:
Countess of Wessex Photos - Zimbio
I know she attended yesterday concert, but couldn't find a single pic, if someone found sth please post.