The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Two videos from their private tour in Canada

Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=MagMil;1468695]Two videos from their private tour in Canada

Thanks MagMil. I notice the first video calls them "Prince Edward and Sophie Rhys Jones" - then follows with "The Earl and Countess of Wessex." And clearly, no offense is intended though the continued use of maiden names drives a lot of us wild. Nice videos.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yesterday, October 9, the Countess of Wessex has officially opened the new activities building at the Willow Tree Centre in Breakspear Road North, Harefield, Middlesex.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** uxbridgegazette.co.uk gallery **
Old 10-10-2012, 04:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

Yesterday, October 9, the Countess of Wessex has officially opened the new activities building at the Willow Tree Centre in Breakspear Road North, Harefield, Middlesex.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** uxbridgegazette.co.uk gallery **

Sophie looks abFAb, amazing... great combination
Old 10-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Majesty

I will never get tird of seeing Sophie with children. She's got a natural way with them.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I will never get tird of seeing Sophie with children. She's got a natural way with them.
That makes 2 of us!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely images, particularly the image of Sophie getting the children to help her unveil the plaque. Very sweet!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Gentry

Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex's visit to Nunavut was their first visit to that territory. They got quite a lot of attention in the small capital.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Courtier

Sophie looked lovely in that rich shade of tomato red. The black jacket and shoes were the perfect contrast. I just loved the pony tail. A very simple yet elegant look. Edward and Sophie are a wonderful and complimentary couple.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

It's always a pleasure to see Sophie on duty, always so committed and content! She looks much slender these days. The photos with the children are precious!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

The guest list for the Luxembourg wedding has been released and of course the old faithfuls Edward and Sophie are going.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101
The guest list for the Luxembourg wedding has been released and of course the old faithfuls Edward and Sophie are going.
Well, I hope they enjoy themselves. Looking forward to seeing pictures of Sophie and Edward being all dressed up .

Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing pictures of Sophie and Edward being all dressed up
And with the tiara she wore for the Monaco coronation.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat

And with the tiara she wore for the Monaco coronation.
Well, a tiara will be a treat indeed .

Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101
Yay! I love that they have been the representatives for HM at royal weddings. Kind of a logical choice, especially when they were first married and both his older brothers we not married/single and she was the most senior female after HM. They are more closer in age to their continental cousins than Charles and Andrew, probably have a bit more in common. I've often wondered if this was how they decided to divvy up family obligations like this? With Edward and Sophie taking weddings and everybody taking something else (sorry, can't think of examples for Charles, Andrew or Anne off the top of my head!!)
Old 10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Majesty

I think it's great The Wessexs are going to the wedding. I don't think it has anything to do with age but I think it's Edward & Sophie's schedual that allow them to go but I also think The Queen enjoy sending them and I think they enjoy going to these kind of events.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Gentry

It makes sense, really. Andrew probably wouldn't be sent that often without a partner, Anne doesn't seem to like these types of ceremonial events, so it's between Edward and Charles.

I for one love seeing the Wessexes all dressed up, and seeing Sophie in a tiara every once in awhile, since, you know, we never get pictures of the state dinners. Hmph.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yesterday, October 11, the Earl of Wessex as Honorary Liveryman of The Worshipful Company of Haberdashers has opened the Abraham Darby School in Telford, Shropshire.

Cute pics with the kids :

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** shropshirestar.com: Prince Edward opens Abraham Darby Academy building in Telford **
Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I knew they'd send the Wessexes because they seem to be the wedding representatives.
But I'd prefer to see someone different for a change.

(I know it sounds mean, but really they almost seem like an afterthought. Other monarchies send the heir, or at least someone high in the line of succession, but it's like the BRF doesn't want to be bothered).
Old 10-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Why send someone the wedding couple don't know or may not even like?
We know Edward and Sophie are firm friends with the majority of royals on the continent. It is even possible to assume that Edward and Sophie were invited themselves. I hate the way people think sending Sophie and Edward is a raw deal. You can see that Charles and William have and are unlikely to make any effort, so sending people who might actually enjoy themselves makes sense.