Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of a late update but Sophie received her own personal music show on her birthday at Bagshot Park 20.1.2012. Members of the Corps of Army Music visited Bagshot Park. Did anyone else notice the freaky monkey at the door in the 3rd photo? It made me jump.

Facebook Link

You are most welcome, MagMil :flowers:

When I had found and posted the link they had not added the video yet, only one picture had been included -
just to avoid any confusion as to my picture comment..;)

Thank you, iceflower! :flowers:

It must have been very uplifting for the British soldiers currently on service in Germany to get a royal visit.
The Fifth Battalion, or 5 Rifles, is currently the only battalion of The Rifles regiment abroad. Sophie is not Colonel-in-chief of the 5 Rifles, as is erroneously stated in the article; rather, she is Royal Colonel - and a very dedicated one too! The Colonel-in-chief of The Rifles (all battalions) is The Duke of Edinburgh.

Sophie looks beautiful; I like the combination of polka dots and solids. She has worn the same dress (sans the jacket) during the recent visit to the Caribbean.

Last edited:
Lovely video of Sophie, especially the clips of her with the children. I found it amusing when the newsreader was standing by the table and Sophie was chatting to the children and the newsreader was speaking, they all turned around when she started saying, "Her Royal Highness" yet Sophie remained oblivious. Not sure why that amused me. I guess you get used to it.

I can't get over how long her hair is, and I was beginnig to wonder what would happen if she dyed it brown. Wonder what reception it would receive. I don't think she would suit dark hair colours, but I would love to see it. Her natural hair colour looks quite light, as her eyebrows are light, but I don't think she is as blonde as Lady Louise is. Not everyone can pull blonde off, but Sophie always has.

On March 21, the Countess of Wessex opened the South Petherton Community Hospital and visited
Seavington Village Store and Café in Somerset.
As Vice Patron of the Royal Bath and West of England Society she also attended the Barbers of Ditcheat
Business Day at Ditcheat Village Hall and visited the "Back on Track Scheme" at the Conquest Centre,
Taunton as well as the AJ and RG Barber Limited Cheese Factory, Maryland Farm, Ditcheat.

A really full programme for the day! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 * thisissomerset.co.uk photo gallery **

** thisisthewestcountry.co.uk: Countess of Wessex in South Petherton and Seavington **

** thisisthewestcountry.co.uk: Sophie Countess of Wessex visits kids at Somerset riding school **

** thisissomerset.co.uk: Royal visit: Brave teenager gets to greet Sophie, the Countess of Wessex **

Thank you iceflower :flowers:
Wonderul pictures :)

The facial expression in the first picture is priceless :D. I'd love to know what was going on there. She looks gorgeous.

On March 21, the Countess of Wessex opened the South Petherton Community Hospital and visited
Seavington Village Store and Café in Somerset.
As Vice Patron of the Royal Bath and West of England Society she also attended the Barbers of Ditcheat
Business Day at Ditcheat Village Hall and visited the "Back on Track Scheme" at the Conquest Centre,
Taunton as well as the AJ and RG Barber Limited Cheese Factory, Maryland Farm, Ditcheat.

A really full programme for the day! :)

** thisisthewestcountry.co.uk: Sophie Countess of Wessex visits kids at Somerset riding school **

** thisissomerset.co.uk: Royal visit: Brave teenager gets to greet Sophie, the Countess of Wessex **
No words for these.... Sophie knows how to bring sunshine!:cool:

Lovely images of Sophie, I love her hair up! I know i've said it before, but I am saying it again.

I found a Flickr site with many more images of the visit to South Petherton.

Image 1

Royal opening for South Petherton Hopsital

The image of Sophie I linked is lovely, but REALLY close up! One thing I am going to say though is I am not a fan of her coat, only because she has obviously trimmed up a lot since she bought the coat so it now looks quite big. But aside from that, Sophie looks beautiful as usual.

No words for these.... Sophie knows how to bring sunshine!:cool:

Indeed :D.

Lovely images of Sophie, I love her hair up! I know i've said it before, but I am saying it again.

I found a Flickr site with many more images of the visit to South Petherton.

Image 1

Royal opening for South Petherton Hopsital

The image of Sophie I linked is lovely, but REALLY close up! One thing I am going to say though is I am not a fan of her coat, only because she has obviously trimmed up a lot since she bought the coat so it now looks quite big. But aside from that, Sophie looks beautiful as usual.

Thank you for the lovely photos :flowers:. Sophie does indeed look beautiful, and I love the elegance the updo is adding to the whole look. However, that would all be completely irrelevant if she didn't have that engaging and genuine smile going on. That's her best feature, and it brings job to so many who meet her.

Countess Sophia Looks Beautiful , Simple Elegant , Thank You For Posting ALL

Sophie look absolutely gorgeous, it really suits her with that hair style.

Sophie just gets prettier and more elegant by day. :)
She's a brilliant asset for the royal family and easily my favourite member of the royal family after the Queen.

Sophie just gets prettier and more elegant by day. :)
She's a brilliant asset for the royal family and easily my favourite member of the royal family after the Queen.

Yes, Sophie is certainly looking very lovely. I enjoy seeing her in action, and like you, feel that she's a great asset to the Windsors.

Thank you Iceflower. Lovely photographs with all the children in the hospital. Sophie looks so happy to be there.

Last edited:

The Countess of Wessex has officially opened the new Leeds Children's Hospital on the second
day of her visit to Yorkshire yesterday, March 28. She met patients at the new centre that was
formed following a merger of children's services at St James's Hospital and Leeds Gener.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk: Countess of Wessex officially opens Leeds Children’s Hospital **

:previous:
Once again, Sophie is amazing with kids :rose:
Always looks wonderful :)
Magnificent pictures , thanks iceflower :flowers:

The Countess of Wessex has officially opened the new Leeds Children's Hospital on the second
day of her visit to Yorkshire yesterday, March 28. She met patients at the new centre that was
formed following a merger of children's services at St James's Hospital and Leeds Gener.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk: Countess of Wessex officially opens Leeds Children’s Hospital **

Thank you for the pictures and the article. Sophie is definitely a wonderful asset to the RF, and I cannot say enough how much I love seeing her with children. She appears to have a good rapport and understanding with them, which most likely makes her a wonderful parent.

One of the cutest and most touching articles on Sophie I've ever read. :wub::wub::wub:

Little Ellie Kaye captivates Royal visitor Sophie Countess of Wessex at Castle Hill School: Fantastic pictures
Little Ellie Kaye stole the heart of a Royal on a Huddersfield school’s day in the sun. Ellie, nine, met Sophie, Countess of Wessex, on a visit to Castle Hill School yesterday. The Countess, looking stunning in a red pleated dress cut just above the knee, was greeted with brilliant sunshine and big smiles.
The Countess, a mother-of-two, met youngsters, teachers and staff outside the school but it was almost too much for pony-tailed Ellie. The Golcar girl hugged the Countess, wrapping her arms around her neck – then promptly burst into tears.
The Countess bent down to comfort Ellie, who then hugged her again before grasping the Royal’s hand and refusing to let go. The Countess had to give her handbag to an aide as she continued her walkabout hand-in-hand with Ellie.

Afterwards Ellie, who also admired the Royal’s shoes, said: “That lady’s my friend.” Asked what she thought of the Countess she beamed: “She’s cute!”
Loads of wonderful pictures inside the article:
- Sophie looking stunning
- The Countess and little Ellie
- Sophie gets a a hug from Ellie
- [URL="http://imageupper.com/i/?S0600010050041T13330366371639078"]Sophie meets other youngsters, while still holding Ellie's hand
[/URL]

Last edited:

Can we just get this woman into a special ed. classroom please? She's so natural with these children; there's no fear or awkwardness and children sense and thrive on it. Ellie will remember this for the rest of her life.

Sophie's so amazingly great with children, one can't help but admiring her, all of those photos are absolutely adorable. She also looked absolutely stunning, I love when she wears her hair up.

What an endearing article and photos; the expression on both their faces in photo 2 is just so precious. This little girl looks like she'd love to go home with Sophie. She really does have a special talent and affinity with children.

What an endearing article and photos; the expression on both their faces in photo 2 is just so precious. This little girl looks like she'd love to go home with Sophie. She really does have a special talent and affinity with children.

That's the best way to describe that picture. Hmmmm...wonder if a play-date can be arranged for the little Ellie and Lady Louise. I bet all parties would be delighted :D. On a serious note, Sophie definitely has the ability to relate to children and make them feel at ease. It's a gift that is always delightful to observe in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom