Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 4: August 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was that announced?
It wasn't, especially as HM gave a glorious couple of parties for Charles.:flowers: Who on earth celebrates in a huge way, something as insignificant as a 10th anniversary anyway?:whistling:

Edward and Sophie are unlikely to have a party to celebrate their 10th Wedding Anniversary as the Queen has called for a halt to all royal parties.

My guess is they will probably have a small private celebration for family, and possibly friends. Even ignoring the current economic conditions, I doubt if there would have been a big party at BP of the type hosted for Charles' 60th - I just do not think it is appropriate for their relatively junior position in the RF.

No, I can't see anything "official" for their 10th wedding anniversary.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess - there will not even be a mention in the press at all.

The British Press not mention a Royal anniversary? I'm in the USA and even I know thats preposterous!

I think that the celebrity press might make a big deal out of it--a change to put royals on the cover of magazines, for example--but other than that, I don't see much recognition other than perhaps a paragraph in newspapers.

Lets make a friendly wager, I guess no big story will be made at all. I expect either Hello Magazine or the Daily Mail will say something like.
The Countess of Wessex, who celebrated her 10 wedding anniversary this week, opened a children's park. That is all I expect. The Majesty editor might have a mention in her editorial or an equally superficial article rehashing everything we already know about Edward and Sophie. That is all. :)

I agree Claire and I think that this the way the Wessex like it. It is however a milestone for all as this is the most successful marriage of any of the Queen's children and that in itself is IMO far more important than a 60th bday. I am unable to find any photos of Sophie in Italy. Has anyone been able to do so?

Sorry, but the 10th wedding anniversary is in June 2009, not yet

Or how about, in Hello-speak, "The Countess of Wessex opened a children's park this week. This blonde mum-of-two is also celebrating her 10th wedding anniversary with Hubby Edward at a private get-together.":lol:

That could be it exactly.

Their wedding took place June 19,1999. Some magazines will do anything to get people to buy them.

Edward and Sophie are staying at Wood Farm this year instead of the bid House at Sandringham. Have they ever done this before?

Wood Farm is the former house of Prince John. The Duke of Edinburgh occasionally stays there during shooting weekends and shooting parties on the estate. The younger royals have several times held private parties at Wood Farm. Divorced spouses of royals (The Duchess of York notably) are often put up at Wood Farm during holiday periods so they can be close to royal children without officially being at the Queen’s holiday celebrations at Sandringham House.

Edward and Sophie are staying at Wood Farm this year instead of the bid House at Sandringham. Have they ever done this before?

Claire-Just curious as to your source on this?

If it is in fact true, perhaps they just wanted to stay at a house that may be a little bit more "child friendly" where they could have the children in rooms close to their own instead of being tucked up in the nursery wing at the "Big House."

EDP24 - Royals enjoy a frosty stroll to Sandringham church

^^I don't recall that they have ever stayed there, Claire. I was just reading in the attached article (I've never posted a link before, so I hope this one works!) that they attended services yesterday but went in the back door of the church. Perhaps this affords them more privacy to come and go with their children, mainly Louise who would be certainly old enough now to attend at Christmas? It will be interesting to see what happens then.

We could really speculate on. I for one would really love to see Louise at Church with the royals, but lets give them time and space. Ok :)

According to the Sunday Express’ Adam Helliker, Father Christmas is to make an early appearance at Bagshot Park the home of the Earl and Countess of Wessex, as he is to be guest of honour at the birthday party of their son James who turns one on the 17th of December.
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp35/wombatharryite/fatherchristmascomesearly.jpg

I wonder if Edward's portly friend, is actually his portly brother.

Claire, thanks for the reminder,James is nearly one!!

I wish Sophie became once a day the new queen of England.
She is such a beautiful women, and stylish, so much more dan Camilla.
She has influence, I think.

She's a lovely lady...pretty, well-spoken, and poised.:wub:

thanks for the pictures iceflower :flowers:
i agree with you , the countess is tenader women specialy with the kids ,we can see that in all her pictures with the kids :wub:and she lokks elegante too ,she look a like late princess diana :wub:

Those are excellent pictures! The Countess looks lovely -- her hair is really becoming in that style.

I love her new hair and she looks just lovely in there photos the dress is stunning on her even though grey is not a colour of choice for me I think it is great here.

I love her new hair and she looks just lovely in there photos the dress is stunning on her even though grey is not a colour of choice for me I think it is great here.

Grey certainly appears to be one of Sophie's favourite colours

Nice article and pics too.

I am under the impression that Louise has a 'wandering eye' (like little Dannilyn Birkhead) easily correctable with surgery around age 2. Is there anything more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom