Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 4: August 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't see photos because they are so far down the pecking order that they don't rate the news for most of their engagements - like the Gloucesters and Kents.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: But aren't the Gloucesters and the Kents further down the pecking order than Prince Edward given that he's the monarch's son?
Countess Sophie looks wonderful in these pictures.

:previous: But aren't the Gloucesters and the Kents further down the pecking order than Prince Edward given that he's the monarch's son?
Countess Sophie looks wonderful in these pictures.

Yes the Gloucester and Kents are further down the pecking order and that is precisely my point - they don't get much press and neither does Edward (or for that matter Andrew).

The Press really only report the activities of the Big 4 - The Queen, Philip, Charles and Anne. The Queen's other sons don't get much press and that will diminish as William and Harry come on board (and also the girls as princesses rate more page space than princes as it allows the woman's mags to comment on their fashion etc)

Thanks iceflower! And I think you're right. Many of their engagements are probably not reported on unfortunately, which I don't think is fair. The public needs to see the work they are doing.

Pics 26.9.2009

That's true, rchat :) and the happier I am if one of their
engagements is covered, just like today:

HRH Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex and HRH Sophie Countess
of Wessex attend the Ascot Festival horse racing meet at Ascot
Racecourse on September 26, 2009 in Ascot, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** gettyimages ** belga **

Is it true that Louise has an eye problem out of one eye that makes that eye almost blind?

Is it true that Louise has an eye problem out of one eye that makes that eye almost blind?

There are reports that Louise has had an eye condition.

There are also reports that she has had surgery to fix it and that she hasn't had any surgery to fix it yet.

How bad the condition is for her has never been made known. However, it is safe to assume that the Wessex's have had the best of advice on how to deal with the condition and will surely be doing the best for their lovely daughter.

Thanks for the pics. Great to see Sophie and Edward getting some press. Sophie looks terrific

TheTRue Countess looks amazing. I don't think I've ever seen her in that shade of red before. And the peep toe heels are killer!

I thought that the outfit she wore to the base was however very causal for a royal engagement.
Perfectly fine for the jumping in jets and playing with dogs :)

Thanks iceflower! And I think you're right. Many of their engagements are probably not reported on unfortunately, which I don't think is fair. The public needs to see the work they are doing.
Many people here are not interested in anything they do, some have no idea who Edward is! :D

Sky do you think that people are not interested in anything they do because they have kinda taken themselves off the rader or because people are too wraped up in the royals that sit alittle closer to the throne?

Sky do you think that people are not interested in anything they do because they have kinda taken themselves off the radar or because people are too wrapped up in the royals that sit a little closer to the throne?
Many people don't seem to have any interest in any of the royals. Those that have an interest seem to know about HM, DoE, Charles, Anne, Camilla, William & Harry, but who Edward, Andrew, Sophie and any of the children are is a mystery, so your suggestion that they are too far from the throne is spot on. :flowers: Zara raises more interest because many young girls are interested in ponies but I don't think it has a great deal to do with her being the daughter of a Princess.

If you ask them about any lesser known 'celeb', they can tell you the life story and spot them a mile away!:D

Well, some of us could still spot Edward a mile away myself included...lol

Pics 29.9.2009

The Earl of Wessex, the Honorary Air Commodore of RAF Waddington,
being treated to demonstrations from the Royal Air Force Police Dog
section visiting the Station in Britain on 29 September 2009.

Prince Edward made his second visit to RAF Waddington following his
appointment as Honorary Air Commodore to the Station in October

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 8.10.2009

Prince Edward at the 'Film Without Borders' charity event
at the Lanesborough. London, England, October 8, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

The first picture is really odd. Edward looks completely unlike himself and about ready to howl at the moon.:lol:
Prince Edward at the 'Film Without Borders' charity event
at the Lanesborough. London, England, October 8, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Very nice couple of pictures. It would be interesting to hear the conversation.:flowers:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Weird

Originally Posted by iceflower

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

He looks scared of the dog!

So interesting you should say that, I was thinking the dog was trying to communicate something to its handler. Are you aware of his recent bad press regarding his own dog?

Oh yes! That was discussed in detail here.:flowers:

So interesting you should say that, I was thinking the dog was trying to communicate something to its handler. Are you aware of his recent bad press regarding his own dog?

From today, October 10th to October 13th, Prince Edward will attend
the Commonwealth Games Federation General Assembly, Delhi, India.
He's the Vice Patron of the Commonwealth Games Federation.

Here's a pic of him together with Suresh Kalmadi, Chairman Organising
Committee Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi, ahead of the Commonwealth
Games Federation General Assembly in New Delhi, October 10, 2009.

New Delhi will host the 2010 Commonwealth Games, with 71 nations
competing in 17 disciplines from October 3-14, 2010.

---> Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom