Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 3: February-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but Sophie doesn't strike me as the type to lift a finger to do anything, let alone get her husband to take part. I have the feeling she's more than enjoying her royal life of privilege and the staff that comes along with it.
I agree, many people on the property programmes, say I built or I did such and such, when in fact they financed it and that is all. At least be honest about it! I can't quite see Edward prancing about in a pinny with a feather duster in his hand... or perhaps I can! :D

I agree, many people on the property programmes, say I built or I did such and such, when in fact they financed it and that is all. At least be honest about it! I can't quite see Edward prancing about in a pinny with a feather duster in his hand... or perhaps I can! :D
"Prancing about" being the key phrase here!

AAnd you what Bella I think good for her.
Good for her if she doesn't lead people to believe she's an "ordinary" housewife who cooks/cleans/cares for her own children. As Skydragon said, be honest about your lifestyle. Again, I'm just making an assumption. She might do exactly what she says she does. And Edward, too.

Actually I can see them doing some of the housework still, nothing surprises me with those two. I don't believe your statement Bella about Sophie not lifting a finger to do anything, or being dishonest in what she says about cooking/cleaning/or caring for their children.

I have met them before and they seem a very happy and down to earth couple.

Thanks for the link Claire about Prince Edward in New York.

Last edited:
Actually I can see them doing some of the housework still, nothing surprises me with those two. Thanks for the link Claire.
Must be a filthy house then, with Edward away so much and Sophie admitting Edward did it. :eek::D

Nothing wrong with having a dusty house, I should know.:ROFLMAO:

Back on topic now, does anyone know how long Prince Edward US trip is??;):D

The current a rticle in the Daily Mail has a little dig at the Wessex family as well as other members of the RF over the wedding Hello deal.

Peter Phillips's Hello! wedding to Autumn was grasping, vulgar and so damaging to the Queen | Mail Online
From the 'article' :rolleyes:
No sooner had the magazine appeared than Buckingham Palace let it be known that it was seen as "a serious error of judgment" - which is right royal understatement.
I have searched and searched and I have been unable to find ANY statement from BP regarding this. The Mail needs to get over it, because they are in danger of becoming a laughing stock! :whistling:

Thanks for all those links Claire the article from the New York affair was quite patronising but a snapshot of 'life on the road'. It must be difficult to be all things. The Hello thing seems to have taken on a life of it' s own I must say I was surprised with the pre wedding interview but the article in the paper says it all and I hope it doesn't happen again.

What is the Earl doing in Mississippi?

Thank you Claire for the Fox link. Is he one of the few royals that gives interviews on morning television when outside the UK? I remember in 2006 when he was in Australia appearing on Sunrise.

Last edited:
Sometimes you hear of Edward being overly formal or curt and even rude. But I found him quite genuine and friendly in the videos. I also thought that despite his balding, he looks pretty young, younger than he is.

You have to give Prince Philip credit for coming up with a program that's becoming quite far-reaching and gone beyond Britain into North America.

You have to give Prince Philip credit for coming up with a program that's becoming quite far-reaching and gone beyond Britain into North America.
Across the world, not just North America. :flowers:

I've never heard that claim over any of his public appearances over this way. People say that he's quite personable and "nice"...same for the Countess.

Sometimes you hear of Edward being overly formal or curt and even rude.

I've never heard that claim over any of his public appearances over this way. People say that he's quite personable and "nice"...same for the Countess.
Okay, by now you all have me down as an Edward apologist, but yes Edward often gets refered to as pompous, arrogant and rude. Like the Duke of Edinburgh and even the Queen, Edward can be especially if he is taken off guard by something. He is a reserved man - shy and often uncertain how things are going to come out. So he prepares, practises and if he disturb that, he can become more than a little upset and angry.

Article: Our Spy On the Upper East Side | MainStreet
Another lady who couldn't help but notice the tie.:flowers:

but yes Edward often gets refered to as pompous, arrogant and rude. Like the Duke of Edinburgh and even the Queen, Edward can be especially if he is taken off guard by something
Perhaps because he is, on one of the recent programmes following HM and the doings of BP, Edward was featured being pompous with the staff and visitors. HM & DoE are entitled to be particular and to compare Edwards behaviour to theirs is elevating him to a position he does not deserve, IMO! :ohmy:

What programme was that Skydragon?

I like the cute ties he wears though.:wub:

The current a rticle in the Daily Mail has a little dig at the Wessex family as well as other members of the RF over the wedding Hello deal.

Peter Phillips's Hello! wedding to Autumn was grasping, vulgar and so damaging to the Queen | Mail Online

I bought the wedding issue which included one nice photo of Sophie enjoying herself at the reception. I found it interesting how "Hello!" mananged to not show any pictures of Louise at the wedding. (She attended and was sitting between Sophie and Edward.)

In one picture, Sophie is singing from the wedding program which hides Louise's face completely. In another "aerial" shot taken from a balcony, it appears that Louise is completely airbrushed out of the picture, as the seat between Sophie and Edward is empty.

I bought the wedding issue which included one nice photo of Sophie enjoying herself at the reception. I found it interesting how "Hello!" mananged to not show any pictures of Louise at the wedding. (She attended and was sitting between Sophie and Edward.)

In one picture, Sophie is singing from the wedding program which hides Louise's face completely. In another "aerial" shot taken from a balcony, it appears that Louise is completely airbrushed out of the picture, as the seat between Sophie and Edward is empty.
It's not just me that noticed that in the magazine.

Maybe she ducked down below.;):whistling:

What programme was that Skydragon?
I have tried to remember what it was called. It may have been the one about the workings of the royals over a year. He was seen telling people where to stand and how to behave when Philip arrived in the room, his whole attitude was annoyance and arrogance, IMO. He had probably taken a man management course! :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom