The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Courtier

I expect that it will take place in May, but with all the other royal events they might be having a schedualling problem. I mean Edward will diffinitely be attending Peter's wedding (if it is actually in May) and possibly Jochiam Wedding on 27th.

More news:
Welcome to Kent Online

Old 03-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Happy Birthday Edward!
I was thinking that they are possibly on holidat in Meribel. They usually are at this time of year.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Courtier

Some news:
There is a good pics reel on both sites, be aware of the music.
Prince Edward visits Turf Moor - Burnley Express
Princes Tour Of East Lancs (from Blackburn Citizen)
Towns Set For Royal Visitor (from This Is Lancashire)
Old 03-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Aristocracy

Smile thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
There was the incident when Edward's film crew stayed in St Andrews longer than other film crews when Prince William first went to university, and it was put about that Edward was trading on his royal connections to get exclusive footage. Charles was said to be "incandescent" with rage at his brother. It was said either at the time or shortly afterwards that it was part of Mark Bolland's attempts to rehabilitate Charles in the press while he was so unpopular on account of the Diana/Camilla issue, and that Bolland wasn't above making Charles look good by making his siblings look bad by comparison. So it isn't clear whether there's genuine bad blood or whether it's been made up by either Mark Bolland or the press.
Okay, I do remember that incident. I wouldn't have assumed that would still lead to "bad blood" between them now. I would have considered that a temporary blow up that all siblings are subject to from time to time. I hope that things are good between them now.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ill bet there Best Friends now Mayb they had a Heart to Heart
Old 03-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Aristocracy

Have they decided when and where the christening of Viscount Severn will take place. The British Royal Family usually have very private christenings, don't they? Not aired on television as we saw in Denmark and the Netherlands, for example.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Courtier

No it has never been televised. There was a hope that William and Harry's would be, both parents were keen, but the Queen put her foot firmly down.
Personally I suspect that James would be christened in private like Xan or the other Kent children. We might hear about it later in Hello! or something.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Courtier

I am severely disappointed in the Majesty article on Sophie in their January edition. Sorry to say that I just took a look at it in my news agent, things travel slow down here ladies and gents. From the web site the Sophie on article written by Ingrid Seward was the main article showing hoe the Golden Girl was going from strength to strength. But in truth the article was mostly photos that we have seen many times. It was the main article but Sophie was not given the cover that went to William. The article itself has absolutely nothing new in it- not an inch. There was a time when the editor of Majesty was invited to Highgrove for tea and new the inside and outs of her subject. There is none of this in this article. It was bland rehashed stuff that we all know.
The only interesting part of the article is that the Queen believes Sophie is the best thing that has ever happened to the Windsor and the Monarchy. Seward wonders why the Queen hasn't used Sophie to a better advantage then and then simply leaves the question open.
I like Sophie and I ,unashamingly, like Edward. It worries me that an article that is billed on the cover page as showing Sophie from going from strength to strength, actually shows her from going to aminosity to obsucrity.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I like Sophie and Edward as well. In the last couple of issues of Majesty that I received (last fall), Ms. Seward was mildly critical of Prince Charles. Perhaps she won't be invited to Highgrove as often. ;-) It seemed to me that, ever since the separation of the Waleses in 1992, Majesty was firmly in the Prince's court. Diana would be put on the cover, but any articles about her were largely critical--except for the issue after her death. I also felt that some of the early articles by Ms. Seward about Sophie were slightly catty in a way that was totally unncessary. I remember one in particular that suggested that Sophie didn't want her mother involved in her wedding preparations and disparaged Sophie's choice of maker for her wedding dress. Ms. Seward has a rare gift for seeming to make a compliment about someone while slowly inserting a knife and twisting it. As you might be able to tell, she's not my favourite writer.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Courtier

I was wondering about Lady Louise's education since she will turn 5 this year. Does anybody know if she has attended preschool? In England would she normally start kindergarten this Fall as we do here in the States? Maybe they're educating her at home with private tutors. If not, perhaps a local school. I was also thinking that if she had been going to a local preschool there might have been associated pictures which I've never seen. Any thoughts?
Old 03-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Majesty's articles about Sophie never seem to have much to say IMO. I have the impression that they believe her too middle class for the job. I subscribe but have to agree, as a Sophie fan it is somewhat bewidered and wondered for a long time if they shouldn't get a new editor. Sophie
Old 03-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I was wondering about Lady Louise's education since she will turn 5 this year. Does anybody know if she has attended preschool? In England would she normally start kindergarten this Fall as we do here in the States? Maybe they're educating her at home with private tutors. If not, perhaps a local school. I was also thinking that if she had been going to a local preschool there might have been associated pictures which I've never seen. Any thoughts?
It is my understanding that she attends a local preschool or rather play group effort in Bagshot. Unsure what the name is - but from what I understand she attends on and off. Edward and Sophie will not be calling a press conference when she goes to school. They are not Charles and Diana. Either way I expect that there is an argreement with the press. When she starts proper school I expect a bit of coverage on day one - nothing more.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Majesty's articles about Sophie never seem to have much to say IMO. I have the impression that they believe her too middle class for the job. I subscribe but have to agree, as a Sophie fan it is somewhat bewidered and wondered for a long time if they shouldn't get a new editor. Sophie
I don't know but all articles about Sophie seem to say nothing more than what we know. News about Edward and Sophie, notably personal and private news is very scarce. So that are always reharshing old stuff.
Where do you find the balance? I know Edward and Sophie want to leave their lives in private, but lets face it been a successful royal means living part of your life in public, regardless of where you are in the line of succession. Just look at Zara Phillips.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

MAJESTY changed quite a bit during the late 80s. When it first came out, it had serious artlcles and coverage about figures like Lord Mountbatten as well as the Windsors. Then it became decidely "fluffy" toward the late 80s, which more articles on shoes and umbrellas and recipes. After 1992, the magazine took a decided anti-Diana, pro Charles-and-Camilla slant. I don't think that Camilla has ever had the sort of comments directed toward her that went toward Diana and Sophie.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Majesty's articles about Sophie never seem to have much to say IMO. I have the impression that they believe her too middle class for the job. I subscribe but have to agree, as a Sophie fan it is somewhat bewidered and wondered for a long time if they shouldn't get a new editor.
I don't get Majesty magazine and I haven't even looked at it for a couple of years but I saw the most recent one. I thought, oh, an article on Sophie...looks interesting...and then as I skimmed it I noticed that the article used exact phrases from online news articles I'd seen. For example "Sophie underwent painful fertility procedures"...I'm certain I've seen that phrase in a number of news articles.

And yes, the article contained no new information. I'm sure Sophie and Edward work hard to protect their privacy, but so do many of the other royals and yet the magazine at least seems to have new insights or information on them from time to time.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Sophie and Edward have been on a skiing holiday in St Mortiz their favourite destination to celebrate Edward's 44th birthday. James and Louise also went along with them as well as two nannies. This weeks edition of Hello had pictures of the couple on the slopes as well as pictures of Edward and Sophie attending a private formal dinner in St Mortiz. Sophie wore a white evening gown and stain wrap along with hre new ruby and diamond necklace (the one she first wore at her last public engagemnt prior to James's birth) and matching earings, braclet and ring. The article also says she had cancelled all her engagements until ealy summer. From the pictures in the mag it shows she has not regained her figure after the birth although James is now 3 months old.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for update, PrincessofEurope. Really interesting to learn more news about the couple. I would probably go to the newsagency and check out whether they have that issue yet. By the way, she takes quite a long break this time i think, until early summer, would be June, isnt it? But she may turn up to those events like the Easter service in Windsor this sunday, Peter Phillips's wedding, or a special Garter Service on 23rd April, wouldnt she?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

HMQueenElizabeth11 it is issue number 1013 (with Cheryl Cole, Victoria Beckham, Coleen and Kate Middleton on the front) it might take a while to reach you in Australia i know we are always months behind on your mags in the UK shops.

Well it said that all OFFICIAL duties were cancelled until early summer but last time it was the same so im guessing maybe May or June but i would image she will go to attend Easter service, Peter's wedding etc then of course there will be James's christening last time they releashed one group photo so i image they will do the same again

Old 03-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for all the updates and the general agreeing chit chat I am not a busybody when it comes to their lives but do love to chat broadly so thanks. Sophie and Edward are private and I guess they feel that their children will not be part of the Royal Family in the future in the same way that Beatrix's sister children will be publicly sidelined in the future, and the Wessex's are adapting things accordingly. But as already said I too will be thrilled to see her on her return to public life and would mags like Majesty to cover these events more than they do.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Edward and Sophie seemed very demure at Easter service. There weren't many royals there and they even let Peter and Autumn leave and arrive before them.

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie, viscount severn