The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I'm sorry if this was already said but there are so many names thrown about. Are the two boys Sophie's nephews then?
What are her nephews names?

Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Here's an article and a pic from an engagement Edward had yesterday, June 26 2007:

"Prince Edward praises Redbridge volunteers
By Sam Adams
TWO REDBRIDGE charities were graced with a Royal visit yesterday when Prince Edward stopped
off in the borough. The Prince dropped in first at Jewish charity, Drugsline, in Gants Hill, where he
officially opened a brand new extension to the organisation's telephone help centre..."
---> Click here for the whole article
And here for a big picture!

Old 06-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
What are her nephews names?
The elder one is called Oliver, and the younger Harry.

I can remember Oliver was born and christened the same year the Earl and Countess married, so he should be eight now. There was criticism at the time because Sophie's brother accepted an offer from Hello magazine to take photographs of the christening for the magazine and apparently received a huge fee in return.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
The elder one is called Oliver, and the younger Harry.

I can remember Oliver was born and christened the same year the Earl and Countess married, so he should be eight now. There was criticism at the time because Sophie's brother accepted an offer from Hello magazine to take photographs of the christening for the magazine and apparently received a huge fee in return.
Two nephews called Harry :)
Old 06-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Courtier

I'm told that Sophie's uncle - Theo died recently. That is probably the reason behind her missing engagements. I think he wasdied on the day of the Chelsea Flower Show.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Aristocracy

Just announced Earl and Countess expecting baby in December---Congratulations!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Gentry

Check out post #125 I said she looked a little thick around the waist.....
NOW we know for sure she is expecting a little one........
Old 07-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Any reason why she didn't ride in a carraige at Ascot this year?
Now we may have an idea of the reason
Old 07-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
I have a strange feeling things aren't right between Edward and Sophie...we never see photos of them together anymore, and she never accompanies him on his trips abroad etc. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a strange feeling.
Sorry Sophie...I hold my hands up, I was wrong! I'm happy to say I was wrong too - this is such fantastic news!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Pics 2.7.2007

Two pics of the pregnant Sophie today, I was surprised that she had an engagement today, but the caption says so

The Countess of Wessex, Sophie Rhys-Jones, visiting the Royal Show at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, UK, 02 July 2007. Buckingham Palace have announced today that Prince Edward and his wife, the Countess, are expecting their second child in December. EPA

Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 07-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Radiant mother-to-be...
Old 07-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know who the godparents of Lady Louise are?

Stellad
Old 07-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
Does anyone know who the godparents of Lady Louise are?
See this post from the Lady Louise Pt 1 thread.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Lady Louise looks more like her father.

Buckingham Palace press releases
CHRISTENING OF LADY LOUISE WINDSOR
8 April 2004
THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN

The christening of Lady Louise Windsor will take place at the private chapel at Windsor, on Saturday 24th April.
The godparents chosen by The Earl and Countess of Wessex for their daughter will be Lady Sarah Chatto, Lord Ivar Mountbatten, Lady Alexandra Etherington, Mrs Francesca Schwarzenbach and Mr Rupert Elliott.

Buckingham Palace press releases > Christening of Lady Louise Windsor
Old 07-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Courtier

Thank you Warren and rer.

Stellad
Old 07-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Here are the headlines. I haven't included the annoucement of Sophie's pregnacy as it is rehashed in all the other newspapers. I have also lefted out a horrible article about Sophie and how she will never be Diana. Sophie was described as the human form of grey and the goddess of dullness. Those who read the article will understand its omitance.

The Telegraph: Sophie defies the odds to conceive
News Wales: Pregnant Countess to view Wales
Banffshre Journal : A fine festival
Daily Express: The Queen's Favourite couple

The last article is interesting, although I disagree with most of it. Maybe it will make an interesting debate.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Courtier

Some other news ...
Edward, Sophie and Louise will be taken a short holiday from tomorrow till the 19th.
A number of tabloid journalists are making efforts to track down where Louise will be attending school in September. Apparently her name has to be on a list to start in the next school year, but no school is coming forward. I'm told that she might attend the same school as Margarite or Lady Helen's youngest. But so far no word.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Pics 3.+4.7.2007

The Countess of Wessex , who expects her 2nd child , pictured at the Royal Agriculture Show Royal Agricultural
Show in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire, Britain - 03 Jul 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Britain's Prince Edward at a Garden Party held at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh - 04 Jul 2007

Pic
Old 07-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks to all for the new pics of Sophie. She seems to be "glowing". It was such wonderful news to hear that she's expecting again. I hope things are not as scary as they were for her with Louise.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

How Sophie's become the Queen's favourite

How Sophie's become the Queen's favourite | the Daily Mail

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie