The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Old 05-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

thanks for the lot of pictures in the last time =)
i just have a little question concerning this one
http://www.housewessex.tollfreepage..../winhors12.jpg
(from house wessex)
because i wondered about the man, is it her brother??? because well, sophie s nephew is with them, but david always looked like he weighs a little bit more??
thank you!!

Old 05-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Courtier

I don't know - might be. I will searched for Pics of David than maybe we can compare. I thought that it might be Ivar Romsey or Ivar Mountbatten. Possibly noone we know.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know why Sophie didn't attend Chelsea? Seems strange she didn't attend as she attends every year?

I have a strange feeling things aren't right between Edward and Sophie...we never see photos of them together anymore, and she never accompanies him on his trips abroad etc. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a strange feeling.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola
Does anyone know why Sophie didn't attend Chelsea? Seems strange she didn't attend as she attends every year?

I have a strange feeling things aren't right between Edward and Sophie...we never see photos of them together anymore, and she never accompanies him on his trips abroad etc. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a strange feeling.

Perhaps she is slowing down her pace. Maybe she is working on another child? I do hope so.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

well ialso think they could do some more things together, but i wonder if they just spend as much time as possible with louise, so she always has somebody to play with =) sounds better to me than saying their marriage went wrong =? ^^ let's hope the best... but thiunk of chelsea fs in the last year, they seemed like they really enjoyed it....
Old 05-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Courtier

I don't know why she didn't attend but I do know that in order to pull out of any engagement especially at such short notice takes permission from the Queen and I doubt that she would agree without a good reason.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Edward to visit families of fire heroes

The families of two firefighters who died in a firework factory explosion are to receive a royal visit.
Prince Edward has announced he will meet relatives of Brian Wembridge and Geoff Wicker when he visits Sussex on Tuesday (May 29).
Mr Wembridge, 63, from Crowborough, and Mr Wicker, 49, from Heathfield, were killed during a blaze at the Festival Fireworks site at Marley Farm, near Ringmer, in November.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Edward Prince Edward attending the Suffolk Show, Britain - 30 May 2007

Pictures:
Prince Edward
Prince Edward 2

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Courtier

His tie not look good match.... anyway thank for the pics..
Old 05-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Where's Sophie?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Where's Sophie?
The Countess of Wessex had 2 engagements in Durham today.
Unfortunately there are no pictures available at this moment.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the very nice pics of Edward at the Suffolk Show, Avalon ,
as to Sophie, me too I could not find any pics of her recent events,
but an article about her visit to St Cuthbert's Hospice in Merryoaks, Durham
on Wednesday --> click here for the article
Old 06-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Edward had two official events during the last days you can read articles about.

He visited a new adventure centre at Grafham Water on 1 June 2007.
An article can be found here --> Article "Prince gives seal of approval to centre"
And he took a tour of Braywick Heath Nurseries on 6 June 2007 --> "Prince Edward on tour"
Old 06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

The British Moderators have decided to discontinue the Lady Louise current events thread as Lady Louise has no "current events" independent of her parents.

This thread has been renamed 'Earl and Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise current events'.

Avalon, Elspeth, Warren and ysbel
British Forum moderators
Old 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Buckingham Palace has announced Edward's agenda for his trip to the Falklands. It is quiet an extensive trip marking the Falkland War and many of his own patronages. Unfortunately Sophie will not be going with him and he will also miss Ascot and Trooping. On a personal note his will also miss father's Day but will arrive back in the country on his wedding anniversary.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Courtier

Sophie pulled out of her visit to the Royal Cornwall Show yesterday, again at the last minute. Prince Edward attended alone. Their private secretary said that Sophie was 'ill, poorly' .
Old 06-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
Buckingham Palace has announced Edward's agenda for his trip to the Falklands. It is quiet an extensive trip marking the Falkland War and many of his own patronages. Unfortunately Sophie will not be going with him and he will also miss Ascot and Trooping. On a personal note his will also miss father's Day but will arrive back in the country on his wedding anniversary.
So this year, the Countess could ride in the first carriage again uncless the York girls there. Last year she was in the second carriage with Princess Alexandra of Kent. So Edward will not only miss Trooping the Colour, he will miss another two big events: The Order of the Garter (So sadly he was just installed last year and missed this year so we will not be able to see Sophie turns up) and Ascot!
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
Sophie pulled out of her visit to the Royal Cornwall Show yesterday, again at the last minute. Prince Edward attended alone. Their private secretary said that Sophie was 'ill, poorly' .
I hope that Sophie gets well very soon. I hope that it is not something very bad.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:20 AM

I hope she is okay, she has always been a favourite of mine.
Also, it does seem rather sad that we don't get to see them
as a couple, often on engagements.

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie