The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Aristocracy

Sophie looks beautiful. She is an excellent example of how royalty should appear. She is elegant,feminine and yet not stuffy. She looks healthy and radiant. I do hope the Count and Countess appear more often at these occasions--they represent their country marvelously!

Old 11-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

she lookk great, i love the tiara!

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Administrator

The problem with the red dress...was that it wasn't very complimentary to the Countess, at least IMO. A couple of seasons ago, there was a bathing suit that was similar to the dress and unless you had the figure for it (cause it hid nothing :) it wasn't the suit for you. I also dont think red is a good colour for her. Pastels, beige, black, etc. anything but red.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Royal Highness

I saw photos of her is red suits and gowns before, the colour is not bad for her. Sophie doesn't strike me as a tall person. The problem with this red gown is that the wide band cuts her down in height even more. If the colour contrast between the band and the rest of the dress is less defined, I think the dress would have worked better for her.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:34 AM
Royal Highness

That article doesn't list its source. Unfortunately in the past, some reporters have been shown to invent quotes when it suits them.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Commoner

Hi Incas.

The source of the article I wrote was, as I stated, the Daily Mail's Richard Kay and Geoffrey Levy. They really can be trusted as they are, in my opinion, two of the best royal reporters around.

And Corazon - do you mean my writing is terrible (aagh! :() or the fact the article says Sophie isn't pregnant is terrible? If it's the first I'll go and hang my head in shame :o

{ed}

Cheerio.

Joanne
www.theroyalist.com
Old 11-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

no, not is terrible about the pregnancy, is terrible as the article was write. Is sad the problem with edward's company and is sad than sophie back to work, her work like a royal member of the family is very good. she do very well in her actual position and is sab the back work in her old work because we not see her like now.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Commoner

Hi Corazon. :)

Oh right, I think what you meant was you agree that it's a shame the media are again reporting on Sophie's work, bringing up all the past problems she had with her PR company. As I essentially said in the article, personally I really hope she sticks with being a relatively high profile member of the Royal Family (rather than returning to the business world) as I honestly think she's one of the House of Windsor's biggest assets, she's incredibly good at the work that she undertakes but, sadly, she doesn't get enough recognition or thanks for all that she does. I think the same goes with Edward, I really think the Wessexes are two of the nicest royals around.

Joanne
www.theroyalist.com
Old 11-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes, she is very good in her job in the royal family, is sad thet she need back her old work, I did not mean something bad for your article, I meant that the sophie situation is bad about the work
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Ah, A return to the silly season. Its when I really know Christmas is on its way.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Courtier

Did anyone catch Edward's visit to the USA?

Old 12-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Nobility

Question

Would the Queen actually allow her to go back to work. After the mess from her last job?
Old 12-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Gentry

I think if Sophie goes back to work, then she needs to be stripped of her titles and be plain Mrs Mounbatten-Windsor.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeap
I think if Sophie goes back to work, then she needs to be stripped of her titles and be plain Mrs Mounbatten-Windsor.
Sophie doesn't hold any titles, though. It is her husband who is the title-holder; she is called Countess simply because she is the wife of an Earl.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

i dont think Sophie would taking stripped titles! but if the wessexes got divorces they HM would stripped to Sophie they would known as Sophie,Countess of Wessex like late Diana,Princess of Wales and Sarah,Duchess of York who got stripped titles from ex-mother in law
Old 12-05-2005, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Edward is Whoopi's 'prince of cool'
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E663,00.html
Old 12-05-2005, 08:12 AM
Royal Highness

Edward Hits US Lecture Circuit
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Old 12-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
Edward is Whoopi's 'prince of cool'
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E663,00.html
that is soo iwerd im tryin to imagine what they would have talked about
Old 12-06-2005, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness

He's been in the theatre business working with Andrew Lloyd Webber, and in production end as well. I'm sure he knows the entertainment business quite well to carry on conversations with actors. Plus all the travels around the world would entertain any guest.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Nobility

Smile

Whoopi said that she had met him before.

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie