The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Commoner

there are some pictures of the countess of wessex at her mums service at www.polfoto.dk

Old 09-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Courtier

I thought they would wear blach,here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	978597.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	197828   Click image for larger version

Name:	fjhzfj.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	197829   Click image for larger version

Name:	guk.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	197830  

Old 09-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeap
Friday, 16th September 2005

The Countess of Wessex Honorary Fellow, will NOT NOW attend the Fellows' Admission Ceremony, Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, 27 Sussex Place, Regent's Park, London NW1.

Hmmm that's odd, maybe she doesn't want the doctors to see that baby bump, eh?
how long she mourning of her mother? and she will ahead of her engagement?

Sara Boyce
Old 09-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
I thought they would wear blach,here are the pics:
both dont bring daughter!

Sara Boyce
Old 09-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Gentry

I'm completely convinced

I don't think anyone can disagree with the pregnancy fact now. Look at the way she is trying to shield her tummy... In the photo of her and her father, you can see the bulge, and it isn't from being chubby- that's a baby bump!!:)
Old 09-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Aristocracy

countess of wessex

yes the countess is going to have a baby!!! look at her breast!!! that is the first thing that you can tell if a woman is going to have a baby.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Whatever you're seeing, I'm missing.

But I'm puzzled by the choice of dress to wear to a memorial service. That's a fair amount of cleavage (but maybe the English like that. I notice from the Trini and Susannah show, What Not to Wear, that they advise women to display more skin than I like. I live in a climate that's usually cold and I couldn't bare to be so bare!).
Old 09-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Whatever you're seeing, I'm missing.

But I'm puzzled by the choice of dress to wear to a memorial service. That's a fair amount of cleavage (but maybe the English like that. I notice from the Trini and Susannah show, What Not to Wear, that they advise women to display more skin than I like. I live in a climate that's usually cold and I couldn't bare to be so bare!).
I thought that about Sophie's choice of dress, too iowabelle. I noticed the cleavage, too. For any other occasion I wouldn't have cared. But for a memorial service for her mom, I thought it a bit much. A jacket with that dress would make it more appropriate. A suit (jacket with pants or a skirt) would've been better as both Edward and her father are in suits.

I don't see the pregnancy thing either. I don't think she's intentionally covering up her belly with the wrap and her hands in front of it. It seems obvious that it's a windy day and that is a natural place (around her belly) to clutch her wrap as that's where the ends of it are. Today I am wearing my pashmina and I found myself clutching it round that area and I am by no means pregnant!

I think it would be nice if Sophie and Edward were to have another child, but "seeing" that she is pregnant through various "signs" doesn't make her so. When the time is right, if Sophie is pregnant, then it will be announced.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Courtier

Her mom is reported to have asked for no mourning. Maybe she made a comment that she liked that dress or something. Is there any picture of what Zara (Sophie's sister in law) wore ?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Her mom is reported to have asked for no mourning. Maybe she made a comment that she liked that dress or something. Is there any picture of what Zara (Sophie's sister in law) wore ?
Is Zara Sophies siter in law? Isn't she there niece?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Courtier

Sophie remembers her beloved mum

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../sophiewessex/
Old 09-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Gentry

Sophie's brother's wife's name is Zara too I think.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Commoner

i didnt think that sophie was pregnant but the picture from the hello site above does reveal a big bulge there
Old 09-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Courtier

It's weird. The first pic from hello! could made us think she is pregnant, yes, but the silhouette of her dress(empire style)counts for something here.

In the 2nd pic, it looks like she is hiding her belly, I agree.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Yup I was thinking of Zara Rhys Jones but I was blanking on her last name. She was the only other female that I knew would be there.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Yup I was thinking of Zara Rhys Jones but I was blanking on her last name. She was the only other female that I knew would be there.
Oh, I didn't think about Zara Rhys Jones
Old 09-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Nobility

I don't think her dress inappropriate, I think it is very feminine and ro my mind a lovely outfit for the occasion.

Sophie does not look pregnant to me, if she was I am sure she would be showing a lot more by this stage.

We saw her pictured what, nearly 2 months ago with what the press called "a bump". I thought it might just be middle age spread!

When they did not deny the pregnancy I thought maybe she could be. Now I would be shocked to hear she was.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Commoner

The Rex Fetures has some new photos now, anyboday can make the photo bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
I don't think her dress inappropriate, I think it is very feminine and ro my mind a lovely outfit for the occasion.

Sophie does not look pregnant to me, if she was I am sure she would be showing a lot more by this stage.

We saw her pictured what, nearly 2 months ago with what the press called "a bump". I thought it might just be middle age spread!

When they did not deny the pregnancy I thought maybe she could be. Now I would be shocked to hear she was.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Courtier

Well, Hard to tell... if she is pregnacy or maybe little more weigh on her tummy... Most women had fat in the tummy.. same as me.. I am not sure.. so well better wait and see more months to come......
Old 09-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Courtier

I would say she is not pregnant but it is not that important,she will know and when she wants she will say it....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie