Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 7: June-August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie had such a hard time with the previous ectopic pregnancy then the premature c-section. I understand why the palace would remain quiet about this pregnancy. You don't want to jinx anything. Let's hope for the best and send them good vibes.

Still no confirmation from Buckingham Palace???

I imagine the palace will wait until her 5th month or so before confirming... that way the couple can enjoy their summer break in peace

Edward sophie and Louise go to balmoral?

corazon said:
Edward sophie and Louise go to balmoral?

wait and see if the Wessexes at Balmoral?

Sara Boyce

wel, maybe when then are in blamoral, will be the confirmation from Buckingham Palace.

If this is true...Congrats to the parents!

When I first read this I was so surprised and happy for them! They've been through so much with her previous pregnancies...lets pray/hope that this one will be smooth and everything will be fine!

the christmas card 2004.

Source: Marianne of the Glittering Royal Events MB

Attachments

• tarjeta de navidad con louise.JPG
    tarjeta de navidad con louise.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 441
Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that the photo from the Christmas card is one you can buy on postcards sold at Balmoral.

It is a very cute picture. Nice to see a little of Lady Louise.

Thank you, so much. You don't know how many people have asked me about that photo.

As far as rumours are concerned, :) We will have to wait and see.

Thanks you so much for the Christmas Card,corazon.It is so much beautiful,i have never seen it before.Fantastic!

Thank you so much for that card, corazon. Such a surprise to see it!

I love the Royal Family's photos in balmoral!

It's a wonderful picture! :)

iowabelle said:
I heard that the photo from the Christmas card is one you can buy on postcards sold at Balmoral.[...]

Not only at Balmoral, but also on Balmoral web-site. :D www.balmoralcastle.com (click 'Balmoral online shop' on the left and then 'cards and stationery').

So your dogs can wear Balmoral collars and leashes!

I love the Queen in that picture. She looks so warm and so like a real British granny.

iowabelle said:
So your dogs can wear Balmoral collars and leashes!

They are so nice! I'd like to buy them, but I haven't a dog. :rolleyes:

corazon said:
the christmas card 2004.

Source: Marianne of the Glittering Royal Events MB

What a lovely card the Queen send out last year!!! Kudos to her Majesty!! I hope there will be an addition to the picture for 2006 without troubles and complications!

Oh, where can I get a Balmoral collar and leash for my dog?? I wonder if they have ones for small dogs that I can put on my cat (yes, surprisingly, my cat is leash trained. She goes outside for fresh air, I am not letting her run loose!)

The tartans on both the Queen and the Essexes are the same pattern. Does anyone know which one it is? Is there a particular one all royals have to wear while in Balmoral, or they can pick and choose?

Incas said:
The tartans on both the Queen and the Essexes are the same pattern. Does anyone know which one it is? Is there a particular one all royals have to wear while in Balmoral, or they can pick and choose?

I am not positive which one they are wearing, but I believe the official royal tartan is the Stuart Royal Tartan. If I am wrong, please correct me on this one.

Tiaraprin, the Stuart tartan has more red in the background, with yellow and I think navy. If I am correct, this is a tartan that Queen Victoria had made and I think it is unavailable commercially so that it's exclusive use is by the Royal Family. I'll see if I can locate more on it.

It is Balmoral tartan , and they also have inside the house. I know because its in my tartan book. It would have been used for the walls or floors, and furiture.

such a cute picture, thanks corazon!
not sure why, but I have a huge weakness for the Wessex family. Maybe because of everyone beating them up a few years ago when they both tried to make a living
(yes I know about what happened, Sophie and the fake sheik and all, but can the girl make a mistake?! we all do and from all appearances, she did very well in her job. a shame they're not allowed to really hold down a job any longer in my opinion. They are both smart people, what a shame)

wish we saw more of them!

CATS said:
It is Balmoral tartan , and they also have inside the house. I know because its in my tartan book. It would have been used for the walls or floors, and furiture.

Yes, Queen Victoria was a tartan-aholic!!:p :p

But what about some of the other tartans that I thought I have seen Charles and the Duke of Edinburgh wear such as the Royal Stuart, and the Blackwatch?? Don't the men wear more than one tartan in their kilts??

I don't know that they would wear the Black Watch tartan.

But I have seen Charles in the Lord of the Isles tartan (which is one of his lesser titles).

Maybe someone better versed in this area will have more information!

Oh, by the way, I know that Charles has worn some kilts which were previously worn by his grandfather, George VI. (Says something for the wearing durability of these garments, and the royal ability to keep moths away!)

Royal can where which ever tartan they want, though I don't think they take advantage of that rule. You can where more then one (hence New York plaid week) but most tend to stick to thier clan tartan or other scottish group (pipe band and dancers) they are apart of. I think it looks silly putting more then one on at the same time.

CATS said:
Royal can where which ever tartan they want, though I don't think they take advantage of that rule. You can where more then one (hence New York plaid week) but most tend to stick to thier clan tartan or other scottish group (pipe band and dancers) they are apart of. I think it looks silly putting more then one on at the same time.

Sorry that I didn't make what I said clear in my post. I know they could not have their kilts clashing with more than one tartan plaid. I thought that they wore different kilts each with a different tartan pattern such as the Royal Stuart etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom