The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Courtier

I think we stand a good chance of seeing Louise in June or July. After the Trooping of the Colour and in July there is another royal balcony family gathering.
As far as I can gather Louise should be walking and babbling quite nicely by now. A week or so ago, when Prince Edward was asked how she was, he said that she was growing fast now.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I would really love for Sophie to be pregnant again. But I doubt it. She is still on course to go to Canada and on Friday she walked from the Royal Mews to a function as traffic prevented her from going by car.
Sophie said herself that her and Edward will be having more children.
I have great sympathy for Sophie and the Japanese Princess (Can't rember her name) at times like this, when all other royal pregnanies are been announced and we all know how much both want more children. :(
I'm the same as you Claire,i really hope that Sophie and Edward can have more baby.If Sophie has said that so it's great and it might be true.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I think we stand a good chance of seeing Louise in June or July. After the Trooping of the Colour and in July there is another royal balcony family gathering.
As far as I can gather Louise should be walking and babbling quite nicely by now. A week or so ago, when Prince Edward was asked how she was, he said that she was growing fast now.
I think if Louise appears she might be at Trooping the Colour like Princess Ingrid Alexandra at National Day.But i dont know if she appears on the July balcony.Because that's for events to commomerate the World War II,if Sophie and Edward wants Louise to be there?
Old 05-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Courtier

It will come down to them, of course. But Louise is quite a big girl now, she 16 months old. That is old enough to be taken on to the balcony. Edward was taken on to the balcony at 3 weeks. And they really shouldn't be ashamed of her eye problem -hundreds of kids have the problem. They shouldn't be so damn protective of her, its making me insane. They should be proud parents - show her off, just a little.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Here is an article from Royal Insight about Sophie's appointment of the patron of ChildLine.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page4068.asp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Insight_may05_oa_ch3_large.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	140479  
Old 05-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness

I think Sophie has the most elegant taste in clothing. She always looks so smart.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Nobility

Claire, I don't think they are ashamed of Louise. I believe I heard some time ago that there is a deliberate long-term strategy to shrink the extended royal family, shrinking it to the heirs to the throne (and their spouses of course).

Polls showed that people didn't want to pay for a large royal family. We know polls change all the time, nevertheless there is a definite trend showing this.

As a result, the children of Anne, Andrew and Edward are not getting HRH titles, or in the case of Anne and Edward even being called prince or princess.

I believe Edward and Sophie play an important role in representing the family, esp as his parents' age, and William and Harry are not old enough to step up their roles. But I think their children will be on the fringes of the royal family, without the automatic roles or responsibilites of William or Harry, or in due time William's children.

Having said all that, I think they may bring Louise for the Trooping the Colors balcony call - Prince Michael's kids were brought out for that, and they are really on the fringes of the royal family!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Sophie said she wanted more than one child in 2001 when she was having that PR scandal. Since Louise's birth, she hasn't said anything about wanting more children, and considering her two pregnancies and her age, I would doubt more kids will come.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
Claire, I don't think they are ashamed of Louise. I believe I heard some time ago that there is a deliberate long-term strategy to shrink the extended royal family, shrinking it to the heirs to the throne (and their spouses of course).

Polls showed that people didn't want to pay for a large royal family. We know polls change all the time, nevertheless there is a definite trend showing this.

As a result, the children of Anne, Andrew and Edward are not getting HRH titles, or in the case of Anne and Edward even being called prince or princess.

I believe Edward and Sophie play an important role in representing the family, esp as his parents' age, and William and Harry are not old enough to step up their roles. But I think their children will be on the fringes of the royal family, without the automatic roles or responsibilites of William or Harry, or in due time William's children.

Having said all that, I think they may bring Louise for the Trooping the Colors balcony call - Prince Michael's kids were brought out for that, and they are really on the fringes of the royal family!
Andrew's daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, do have HRH titles becuase they are grnadchildren of the monarch through the male line. Anne's children are not a prince and princess because they are not grandchildren of the monarch through the male line, so the only grandchild that went against tradition was Louise.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think they are ashmed of Louise.It is said that The Queen really loves Louise and spends lots time with Louise.I heard when Louise just born that because Edward and Sophie just want to choose for Louise as Lady rather than HRH or Princess.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Today,lots of engagements for Edward and Sophie:
The Earl of Wessex
Patron, British Paralympic Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will attend the Paralympic World Games, Basketball, Manchester.

The Earl of Wessex
Patron, British Paralympic Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will attend the Paralympic World Games, Cycling, at the National Cycling Centre, Manchester.

The Earl of Wessex
Patron, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will visit The Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester.

The Earl of Wessex
Patron, British Paralympic Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will attend a Reception for the Paralympic World Games, Manchester Town Hall, Manchester.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex
will attend a performance of Peter Pan by the Northern Ballet Theatre Company at the Palace Theatre, Greater Manchester.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

And Friday:
The Earl of Wessex
Patron, British Paralympic Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will attend the Paralympic World Games, Swimming, Manchester Aquatics Centre, Manchester.

Patron, British Paralympic Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will attend the Paralympic World Games, Basketball, at the Amechi Centre, Manchester.

will visit the William Hulme Grammer School, Manchester.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Any pics of TRH in Manchester yesterday yet?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Here are some photos of Edward at the Twickenham Staduim opening. I've looked everywhere for photos of them at the Paralympic World Cup, or at the Northern Theatre, even at the schools they visited the last two days and there appears to be nothing. I need better photo links :)
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Commoner

I gotta say that I always thought this talk about Louise was rubbish but now I'm really worried. Here is a photo of Sophie and Edward with her brother David and his family at the windsor horse show. This wasn't a official engagement or anything like that- this was private. Now why didn't they bring Louise? Even Sophie's nephews were there!

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...52823199&cdi=0

What also bothers me is that ever since the wedding of C&C there are hardly any photos of the Earl and Countess of Wessex.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Courtier

No need to worry.
It is quite chilly in London at the moment I wouldn't bring a small child out either. And there could have been hundreds of reasons, why Louise wasn't there. Nap time, Granparents to play with. I could go on.

I love seeing Edward and Sophie been with the Rhys-Jones family, especially when they are attending events with the Royal Family. Like when the Queen invited Christopher and Mary Rhys-Jones to Ascot. Here we have David and Zara Rhys- Jones with their children Oliver and Harry, visiting their Aunty Sophie and Uncle Edward. I think it was Sarah, Duchess of York who said that you loose your family when you join the Royal Family, glad to see that Sophie still keeps very much in touch.
:)

Yes, I am afriad you are very much right about the press coverage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52823199.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	142657   Click image for larger version

Name:	ed1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	142734   Click image for larger version

Name:	ed2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	142735   Click image for larger version

Name:	ed3.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	142736  

Name:	ed4.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	142737  
Old 05-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Courtier

With every passing month, it becomes less and less likely another child will be born. Sophie's already 40, and if another child isn't born within the next three years, I doubt there'll be a second one. A lot of doctors around the time of Louise's birth said they doubted she'd have anymore simply because of the risk, though she may still be able to have more. And given her first two pregnancies, they may be right.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

A little comparation:

Princess beatrice in Royal Windsor Horse Show may 12, 1990.
Princess Eugenie in Royal Windsor Horse Show may 11, 1991.
almost the same age that has Louise now
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bea1.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	142801   Click image for larger version

Name:	bea3.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	142802   Click image for larger version

Name:	bea4.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	142803   Click image for larger version

Name:	eug1.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	142804  

Old 05-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Courtier

You really can't compare like that. Sophie and Edward are not Sarah and Andrew, nor are they Diana and Charles. They do not have to follow the same timetable other royals follow. Yes, I would love to see more of Louise, but we cannot comment on Edward and Sophie's decisions when we don't even know what is going on.

Here are some photos of Edward and Sophie at the Surrey Youth Enterprise Awards. Source: Royal Insight
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Insight_may05_gallery_ye2_large.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	142870   Click image for larger version

Name:	Insight_may05_oa_gallery_ye1_large.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	142871  
Old 05-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I that they are not possible to be compared, my point is that the age of Louise is not an impediment so that they show it.
for example, Diana never took to the children to the windsor horse show, Sarah and Anne if they did it, but your you are right, we do not know that this happening to Louise, is very possible that they either do not take trooping colour to it.

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie