The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Courtier

More Golden Odies of Edward and Sophie

I 've been recently deleting photos, here are some rare ones of Edward and Sophie I found.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0000326996-007.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	119319   Click image for larger version

Name:	51395769.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	119320   Click image for larger version

Name:	51530026.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	119321   Click image for larger version

Name:	AADS001787.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	119322  

Name:	AADS001789.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	119323   Click image for larger version

Name:	AADS003596.jpg
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	119324   Click image for larger version

Name:	AADS003603.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	119325   Click image for larger version

Name:	AADS003619.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	119326  

Name:	AADS003623.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	119327   Click image for larger version

Name:	AADS003632.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	119328  

Old 04-02-2005, 07:00 AM
Courtier

Here are the last, They appear to be only edward, must have posted the Sophie ones already
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AADS003634.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	119329   Click image for larger version

Name:	HU007318.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	119330  

Old 04-03-2005, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots for pics,Claire.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Courtier

Old Photo, just published in the London SE1 magazine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	040621_countessofwessex2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	121085  
Old 04-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Courtier

Edward and Sophie at the wedding

Here two photos of Edward and Sophie at the royal wedding. Edward wore the same morning suit that he wore to his own wedding in 1999. Sophie wore a cream jacket with a poka dot skirt and a grey hart decorated with quills. I was a bit disappointed. I really don't know what to make about the hat.

I took the last three photos from the Royal Wedding forum (I think that were posted by Alexanderia, thank you):)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	r1929627171.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	122911   Click image for larger version

Name:	52607202.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	122912   Click image for larger version

Name:	52608283.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	123171   Click image for larger version

Name:	52608519.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	123172  

Name:	sophie-a.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	123173   Click image for larger version

Name:	sophie-b.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	123174   Click image for larger version

Name:	sophie-c.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	123175  
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Courtier

Here are some more photos of Edward and Sophie at the wedding ceremonies.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52608061.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	123170  
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Commoner

I liked her skirt but she had better outfits before, her taste with hats is curious anyway, I think she likes those which make her taller because of her height in contrast to Edwards.

But what I really noticed- again- throughout the broadcast (because there was a long close-up of her once) is how pretty her face is. Sophie has become so feminine it's astounding. And she also looks so much better in live pictures than in photos.

What striked me as strange was that she didn't walk together with Edward to the church but a good bit behind his "walking-group" with a different group. They entered the curch together though so he had to wait a few minutes for her.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Yes,I also realized that she was never at the side of Edward.Has this a reason?
Old 04-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like her hats at Prince Charles's wedding but and her skirts looks so lovely but who makes her hats?

Sara Boyce
Old 04-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Courtier

I think it could have been by Philip Treacy who also did Camilla´s two hats. It´s just a possibility but the style was absolutely Philip Treacy.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Courtier

What was with Sophie's hat at the wedding? Her outfit was nice enough (a bit underdressed I thought for a wedding though), and while the hat matched, the top of it was misshapened, like it had a big dent in it. She usually has such nice hats, like for Ascot.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Today,The Countess of Wessex as Patron of John Grooms will attend a Dinner at St Jame's Palace.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Courtier

[What striked me as strange was that she didn't walk together with Edward to the church but a good bit behind his "walking-group" with a different group. They entered the curch together though so he had to wait a few minutes for her.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. Only because the commentator first identified someone else as Sophie, and I thought she had changed outfits.
She walked to the church with Katherine Kent and the European royals, I don' t think we should read anything into it.
Prince Andrew certainly looked perplexed in the church when he couldn't find Edward and Sophie, and Anne and Tim kept motioning towards the back. I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Commoner

Yeah I also loved it Claire. I think Andrew must have said something to Sophie because she laughed at him as she took her place.

I also think that we shouldn't read something into that walking matter, I just thought it was funny that Edward and Andrew had to wait for her in the church to take their places.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday Prince Edward attended a Ceremony at the Luxembourg Embassy to mark the 60th Anniversary of the return rom exile of Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg on 13th April 1945.Any pics of that?
Old 04-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
I really like her hats at Prince Charles's wedding but and her skirts looks so lovely but who makes her hats?

Sara Boyce
I agree. I think she has a good taste in hats - very original.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Prince Edward coming to Canada

SAINT JOHN, N.B. (CP) - Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, is coming to Canada in June for an week-long visit that includes stops in every Atlantic province and Ontario.

The unofficial visit for the Queen's youngest son will include several ceremonies where the prince will present the Duke of Edinburgh Award to scores of young Canadians. Edward, 41, was last in Canada in 2003, when he visited Ontario and Saskatchewan.

The general outline of his itinerary was released Wednesday by Rick Ashby, executive director for the awards in Canada.

The Duke of Edinburgh Award recognizes youth between the ages 14 and 25 who set and achieve goals in personal skills, community service, fitness and wilderness expeditions.

Ashby confirmed the prince will present awards in St. John's, Nfld., on June 1, then travel to Charlottetown and Saint John, N.B., for more presentations June 2.

On June 3, he travels to Tatamagouche, N.S., where he will meet with some award winners at a summer camp. Edward's trip moves to Ontario later that day.

Award ceremonies are planned in Peterborough, Ont., and Kitchener-Waterloo, Ont., but the prince will also spend some vacation time in Ontario at an undisclosed location before leaving June 8.

It was unclear whether his wife, Sophie Rhys-Jones, would be joining him.

The Duke of Edinburgh program was started by Edward's father, Prince Philip, in 1956.

The Canadian version of the program was started in Saint John in 1963. Since then, it has spread to the rest of the country.

The program now involves some 500,000 teenagers and young men and women from around the world.

Prince Edward received his own Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award in 1986 after completing a four-day trek though the British wilderness.

As patron of the program in New Brunswick, New Brunswick Lt.-Gov. Hermenegile Chiasson said he was thrilled to learn Edward was coming to Saint John.

"I know the Duke of Edinburgh Awards to be a good program - one that develops leadership skills, a sense of belonging and the responsibilities of adulthood in the young people who take up the challenge," he said.

The awards ceremony in Saint John will recognize 93 people from New Brunswick and seven from Nova Scotia.

Qualifying for the Gold Level can take several years.

"They deserve the applause, the appreciation and respect of their schools, their communities and their families," Chiasson said.

Elizabeth Thurber, executive director of the New Brunswick program, said there are about 1,200 people currently involved in the province.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...995589-cp.html
Old 04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Prince Edward coming to Canada

SAINT JOHN, N.B. (CP) - Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, is coming to Canada in June for an week-long visit that includes stops in every Atlantic province and Ontario.

The unofficial visit for the Queen's youngest son will include several ceremonies where the prince will present the Duke of Edinburgh Award to scores of young Canadians. Edward, 41, was last in Canada in 2003, when he visited Ontario and Saskatchewan.

The general outline of his itinerary was released Wednesday by Rick Ashby, executive director for the awards in Canada.

The Duke of Edinburgh Award recognizes youth between the ages 14 and 25 who set and achieve goals in personal skills, community service, fitness and wilderness expeditions.

Ashby confirmed the prince will present awards in St. John's, Nfld., on June 1, then travel to Charlottetown and Saint John, N.B., for more presentations June 2.

On June 3, he travels to Tatamagouche, N.S., where he will meet with some award winners at a summer camp. Edward's trip moves to Ontario later that day.

Award ceremonies are planned in Peterborough, Ont., and Kitchener-Waterloo, Ont., but the prince will also spend some vacation time in Ontario at an undisclosed location before leaving June 8.

It was unclear whether his wife, Sophie Rhys-Jones, would be joining him.

The Duke of Edinburgh program was started by Edward's father, Prince Philip, in 1956.

The Canadian version of the program was started in Saint John in 1963. Since then, it has spread to the rest of the country.

The program now involves some 500,000 teenagers and young men and women from around the world.

Prince Edward received his own Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award in 1986 after completing a four-day trek though the British wilderness.

As patron of the program in New Brunswick, New Brunswick Lt.-Gov. Hermenegile Chiasson said he was thrilled to learn Edward was coming to Saint John.

"I know the Duke of Edinburgh Awards to be a good program - one that develops leadership skills, a sense of belonging and the responsibilities of adulthood in the young people who take up the challenge," he said.

The awards ceremony in Saint John will recognize 93 people from New Brunswick and seven from Nova Scotia.

Qualifying for the Gold Level can take several years.

"They deserve the applause, the appreciation and respect of their schools, their communities and their families," Chiasson said.

Elizabeth Thurber, executive director of the New Brunswick program, said there are about 1,200 people currently involved in the province.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...995589-cp.html
thanks for info!

no Sophie go with him? and also Lady Louise will go?

Sara Boyce
Old 04-14-2005, 03:05 AM
Gentry

The Countess of Wessex is indeed coming to Canada with the Earl of Wessex. I am attending a reception in their honour in Toronto on June 7. :)
Old 04-14-2005, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweir
The Countess of Wessex is indeed coming to Canada with the Earl of Wessex. I am attending a reception in their honour in Toronto on June 7. :)
how exciting for you!
And its nice to know that Sophie's coming with him. As I recall, she didnt accompany Edward when came to Canada in 2003. Though she was here a couple of years before that. Cant remember the exact year.

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie