The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States
WilliamDuke500.png

Arms of HRH The Duke of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duke of Cambridge current events thread 1

commencing 29 April 2011

Prince William of Wales current events part 24, covering the period January 2011 to 29 April 2011 can be found here.

Topics related to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can be found in the royal wedding subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may sound silly, but I'm still adjusting to William being a Duke and Catherine a Duchess. I guess after so many years of them being Prince William and Kate Middleton, I'm still not used to it.

When I read Duke of Cambridge, I think, who? And I confuse the Duchess of Cambridge with the Duchess of Cornwall.

This may sound silly, but I'm still adjusting to William being a Duke and Catherine a Duchess. I guess after so many years of them being Prince William and Kate Middleton, I'm still not used to it.

When I read Duke of Cambridge, I think, who? And I confuse the Duchess of Cambridge with the Duchess of Cornwall.

Me too! :lol: I wish he would have just stayed Prince William and she was styled Princess Catherine. But no point going down that road again since we have discussed that issue to death.

Sonjapearl said:

I'm not used to it either. It takes a second for me to remember who that is. All my life he's been Prince William. By the time I get used to calling him a duke he'll have ascended the throne:)

Me too I'm always like "Wills and Kate" then I'm like oh no I mean "the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge" It just sound weird to me!

Me too I'm always like "Wills and Kate" then I'm like oh no I mean "the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge" It just sound weird to me!

I agree :ROFLMAO: I had assumed we would all be referring to her as Princess Kate, yet everyone seems to be calling them William and Kate Middleton!

Things like these just take time getting used to and a bit of goodwill from some people - not saying those people are on these forums.

Things like these just take time getting used to and a bit of goodwill from some people - not saying those people are on these forums.

I agree they are not even married a week, Once they start peroforming public engagement's and the press becomes more used to their title, They will be known as Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. :)

I cannot understand very well why prince William has this "job"...he is a Prince so he should keep with his duties, but why he is in the RAF Valley Royal Air Force? Lets be realistic if there was a war do you really think Prince William will be in the rescue team and go in the battle field?I don't think so...

I cannot understand very well why prince William has this "job"...he is a Prince so he should keep with his duties, but why he is in the RAF Valley Royal Air Force? Lets be realistic if there was a war do you really think Prince William will be in the rescue team and go in the battle field?I don't think so...

Tradition says that British royal princes serve in the military.

William initially wanted to serve in the army but he was told there was no way he could go to Afghanistan with a ground unit so her transferred to the RAF as there was a greater chance to either see active combat or at least to serve his country in a real way.

The SAR unit with whom he works doesn't only work in war zones but spends a lot of the time rescuing civilian personnel who are injured or otherwise caught in situations that they can't extricate themselves from without help.

He is doing a very real job and serving his country at the same time. He might actually get to go to the Falklands and serve there, which would be seen as provacative by the Argentinians.

Just because he can't see service in a war zone doesn't mean that the service he is doing isn't worthwhile.

At the moment his duties are his military ones. He isn't needed on full-time royal duties as there are 14 or so members of the BRF who do that sort of thing. Over the coming years he will step up his royal duties and in two or so years will be leaving the RAF and working for the Royal Family full time but in the meantime his service is in the military.

Charles served in the navy for 5 years and he was the direct heir. William is able to take longer doing what he really wants to do because he is only 2nd in line at the moment.

Has there been any more rumors or confirmations about Prince william being deployed to the Falklands for 10 weeks?

Indeed Iluvbertie, they would be wise to take their cue from Her Majesty's excellent example. All I can say is Long live the Queen!

An article talking sense but I doubt if William and Kate would listen to such advice - it criticises Diana and therefore can't be right I think would be William's view.

I don't know, William seems to have a very level head on his shoulders. Now, although he may not come out a publicly back something that outright criticizes his mother, he's sharp, he knew her downfalls, and I would believe he's realistic about things. He has to know his mother wasn't a Saint, but it's still his mom.

I've always said it's one thing for me to give my brother a hard time about his rather large ears and call him 'Dumbo,' but I will fight to the death anyone else who wishes to make the same comments.

And so far, they seem to be doing a fairly good job on their tour. THey're connecting with the people, and we aren't seeing much in the way of overt extravagance.

Thanks for posting the article rchat.

William looked very handsome at the wedding today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom