The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Court Circular, 4 November.

the Duke of Cambridge, this afternoon, attended a Centenary Campaign Luncheon at the Imperial War Museum, London.

Not mentioned anywhere in advance. why not??

the Duke of Cambridge, this afternoon, attended a Centenary Campaign Luncheon at the Imperial War Museum, London.

Great. Any pictures?

Perhaps it wasn't a public appearance?

Perhaps it wasn't a public appearance?

But it's in the CC and therefore official. It isn't a "private"visit ie, visiting charities in advance to find out about them, because that isn't reported anywhere - that tends to be found out through social media.

What I don't understand is that there doesn't seem to be any logic to what is told in advance and what isn't. The diary section on the Cambridges pages isn't that good. I just like logic and consistency!

Richard Palmer mentioned it this morning;
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12h
Prince William attended a Centenary Campaign lunch at the Imperial War Museum yesterday, a previously unannounced official engagement.

We'd have got pictures of him entering the building, and then leaving, what's the point? He had a meeting basically. The only reason it's probably in the CC is because it may have had something to do with Remembrance Week/end.

Richard Palmer mentioned it this morning;
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12h
Prince William attended a Centenary Campaign lunch at the Imperial War Museum yesterday, a previously unannounced official engagement.

We'd have got pictures of him entering the building, and then leaving, what's the point? He had a meeting basically. The only reason it's probably in the CC is because it may have had something to do with Remembrance Week/end.

No - its to do with the Centenary Campaign - 1914-2014. It's a fund raiser!

No - its to do with the Centenary Campaign - 1914-2014. It's a fund raiser!

You're point? Like I said we would have got pictures of him going in and going out, no insider information, no glamorous details. By the sounds of it he sat down and ate lunch with some people.
I don't see the problem. People always mention that royals are working when we don't see them, this is clearly one of those times.

You're point? Like I said we would have got pictures of him going in and going out, no insider information, no glamorous details. By the sounds of it he sat down and ate lunch with some people.
I don't see the problem. People always mention that royals are working when we don't see them, this is clearly one of those times.

My point is that there is no consistency out of his office on what is reported in advance and what isn't. Not worried about pictures - just how information is made available. See earlier post.

My point is that there is no consistency out of his office on what is reported in advance and what isn't. Not worried about pictures - just how information is made available. See earlier post.

I've seen it. Clearly KP or Clarence House or JLP or whoever manages the release of information for Prince William's engagements saw no reason to publicise the engagement before hand. The only reason we know is because the guy who organises the CC on behalf of The Queen, did his job. This wasn't a charity meeting, this wasn't a visit with his wife, this wasn't some kind of memorial, it was luncheon, nobody's interested in that. Clearly whoever handles William and Catherine, know when to announce engagements so the press turn up and it's worth their while, and when not to. Logical to me.

The Court Circular has William listed as being at Buckingham Palace for a dinner with the Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre on Nov. 28th.

Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: 1 January 2014

@victoriaarbiter: Monday May 12th Prince William will visit the Royal Navy Submarine Museum. #Royal

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 2h
William will attend the re-dedication service for the newly restored HMS Alliance, meet veteran submariners & tour the vessel.

From the expression on the Duke of Cambridge's face, the privileges that come with rank are not always pleasant ones.

The Prince was given a tot of rum as he attended the rededication ceremony of the only surviving British Second World War-era submarine – a ritual usually carried out by newly qualified submariners.

While the lower ranks tend to have their rum watered down, officers are given have less water. In an apparent acknowledgement of his position as Commodore-in-Chief, Submarines, the Duke of Cambridge was given his neat and grimaced after knocking back the shot.
Duke of Cambridge shows that rank can sometimes be a rum deal - Telegraph

Carolyn Durand @CarolynDurand · 4m
The Duke of Cambridge #PrinceWilliam will visit Yorkshire on June 4 to see the work of two of his charities Skillforce and Centrepoint

Yay! Yorkshire- one of my favorite places.

I do wish that one of the Royals would visit the World of James Herriot.

Last edited by a moderator:
'I really like Linkin Park' Prince William admits he's a secret rocker during school visit-
Prince William admits he's a secret Linkin Park fan during visit to East Yorkshire School | Royal | News | Daily Express

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge, Royal Patron of SkillForce, has visited Goole High School to launch the new SkillForce Junior Prince's Award. The Duke learnt how SkillForce has worked with Goole High School and local primary schools to develop the new national award programme, designed to build confidence and encourage young people to get involved in the community through every stage of their school career-
Home - ITNSource News

Pictures:
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge is seen during a video skills session at Bradford Foyer, the youth homeless charity Centrepoint's base in Bradford on June 4, 2014 in Bradford, England-
Prince William Visits Yorkshire - Pictures - Zimbio

'I really like Linkin Park' Prince William admits he's a secret rocker during school visit-
Prince William admits he's a secret Linkin Park fan during visit to East Yorkshire School | Royal | News | Daily Express

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge, Royal Patron of SkillForce, has visited Goole High School to launch the new SkillForce Junior Prince's Award. The Duke learnt how SkillForce has worked with Goole High School and local primary schools to develop the new national award programme, designed to build confidence and encourage young people to get involved in the community through every stage of their school career-
Home - ITNSource News

Pictures:
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge is seen during a video skills session at Bradford Foyer, the youth homeless charity Centrepoint's base in Bradford on June 4, 2014 in Bradford, England-
Prince William Visits Yorkshire - Pictures - Zimbio
I really like these pictures, because they show William's phenomenal people skills that I only dream of having, and him listening with his heart- a skill he seems to be particularly good at. ( pictures six and 12.)
@cepe - Love the photo you posted too!

Last edited:
Video:
The Duke of Cambridge received a warm welcome from staff and users of homeless charity Centrepoint on his visit to Bradford this afternoon. .
Home - ITNSource News

Thank you for the photos and videos. William sitting on the pavement with the students was one of my favorites.

Search and Rescue charities to get VAT refunds following lobbying from Prince William | Daily Mail Online
Search and Rescue and air ambulance charities are to get VAT refunds and more Government cash following lobbying from Prince William.

The Chancellor will announce in today’s autumn statement VAT breaks for the sector from next April, alongside £7.5 million extra support for air ambulances. The tax refunds will be worth £25 million over five years.

The Duke of Cambridge, the second-in-line to the throne, is said to have been angry at pressure on air-sea rescue services.

*Like father, like son * ..

The Grauniad will be INCENSED...

Our William really has been a busy guy with a very full life lately hasn't he?

Not only studying and preparing to work air ambulance as a career, he's been quite busy with his duties to his Sovereign with investitures and planning to represent HM early next year in China. On top of that he does seem to be following in his father's footstep insofar as he's not just lending his name to charities and patronages but also gets out there and does what he can to make a difference.

He's not only stepping up, he's also standing up.

Not only studying and preparing to work air ambulance as a career, he's been quite busy with his duties to his Sovereign with investitures and planning to represent HM early next year in China. On top of that he does seem to be following in his father's footstep insofar as he's not just lending his name to charities and patronages but also gets out there and does what he can to make a difference.

I agree!:)

Well said :D. I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think this is the pattern we will see over the next few years whilst he works in East Anglia. You will see periods of flurry, with quite a few engagements, and then periods when he will focus on the Air Ambulance job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom