The Duke of Cambridge as President of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William is just so adorable I just think he's a lovely young man. I am certain he has hie human flaws but in his public life I am always thrilled to see him. Thanks for the video...

Thank you Daria_S for putting the short film up on the Duke and Duchess's visit. :flowers:

Beth who met William and Catherine back in September at the Royal Marsden Hospital has passed away today. These 2 pictures of them were posted.
RoyallyKate

That really is sad news. I hope the visit brought at least a glimmer of happiness in her last days.

Tragic.... but how comforting the memories of that special day must be for the parents.

My heart goes out to the families. Losing one's child is beyond devastating. I'm glad the girls were able to meet William and Catherine and receive a little sunshine.

My heart goes out to the families. Losing one's child is beyond devastating. I'm glad the girls were able to meet William and Catherine and receive a little sunshine.
Indeed. That describes the gift perfectly does'nt it? Giving sunshine.

Indeed. That describes the gift perfectly does'nt it? Giving sunshine.

Indeed it does. I remember seeing pictures of William and Catherine interacting with the children that day, and everyone was radiating joy. The pictures that stuck in my mind were of William with the little boy, and Catherine, sitting and listening intently to one of the girls. I cannot say this enough, but these two have a very special gift when interacting with others, especially children.

Yes, I agree. TRH have big hearts.:flowers:

The pictures that stuck in my mind were of William with the little boy, and Catherine, sitting and listening intently to one of the girls. I cannot say this enough, but these two have a very special gift when interacting with others, especially children.

How low can some people stoop?! :censored:

Unfortunately, there are always sickos out there who revel in the pain and grief of others.

Prince William supports Royal Marsden campaign
Video:
https://www.royalmarsden.org/ten10/prince-william

“I am extremely proud to be President of The Royal Marsden, an incredible hospital and a world-class cancer centre. Please help them continue their amazing work as a centre of innovation and help make a difference for people with cancer everywhere.”

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
The Duke of Cambridge will visit The Royal Marsden, Chelsea, London, on November 7.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
Prince William will watch two operations during that visit to the Royal Marsden: a breast reconstruction and removal of a bladder tumour

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 48m
Shades of Princess Diana there, with William observing operations

The Duke of Cambridge will visit The Royal Marsden, Chelsea, London, on November 7.

Prince William will watch two operations during that visit to the Royal Marsden: a breast reconstruction and removal of a bladder tumour

Looking forward to this. William is so good at this type of visit. He is a braver man than I watching live operations. I guess having a few major operations does make me eager to go back to the OR.
Does remind me of Princess Diana.
Wonder how William will look in OR garb?:D

I'm guessing he'll be in the operating room or in the gallery overlooking the operations.

First- The Duke + people = magical. Love those photos. Prince William in a tuxedo= :D
Second- Really looking forward to this. Love that William shares compassion, not judgement. Good for a future king.

You're spot on there. This man has the 'people' skills most politicians and public figures would only dream of possessing, and his compassion, and kind heart only add to this charm.

This will be an interesting visit for sure. I'm glad William is taking such interest in the happenings of his charities, as well as in those who benefit from them. Says a lot about him as a human being.

Looking forward to this. William is so good at this type of visit. He is a braver man than I watching live operations. I guess having a few major operations does make me eager to go back to the OR.
Does remind me of Princess Diana.
Wonder how William will look in OR garb?:D

You're spot on again. I give him a great deal of credit for being able to do something like this. I know that I have trouble staying calm when students get a scratch with a drop of blood, so to watch an entire operation would probably send me to the nearest Emergency Room, due to a fainting spell.

Given an opportunity they press will try to make a Diana reference. Just like they did with Kate wearing a polka dot dress leaving the Lindo Wing just like Diana even though the dresses were not similar other than polka dot.

I do hope both these patients choose to remain anonymous. I can just see if one speaks to the DM; "The Prince was entranced with my new breasts" :cool:

Sorry - what is the point of William seeing live operations? Apart from giving the press the opportunity to mention his mother (which I dont think is the case)?

I've never SEEN an operation but I know the work, dedication and stress it causes for the surgical team. As a patient I've known the stress it caused me. Just don't see the point.

Sorry - what is the point of William seeing live operations? Apart from giving the press the opportunity to mention his mother (which I dont think is the case)?

I've never SEEN an operation but I know the work, dedication and stress it causes for the surgical team. As a patient I've known the stress it caused me. Just don't see the point.

TBH, I don't see the point either. William isn't likely to have much of a clue as to what is going on during the operation and I'd be really surprised if he is allowed inside the OR itself. If it was me, I'd kind of shy away from having a procedure done knowing it was going to be a royal spectacle. I'd prefer to have a staff of doctors and nurses that had my procedure as the #1 priority while it was going on.

I know William means well but a breast reconstruction surgery? As you said... what's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom