The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Sorry if this puts a damper on this for some - but what is the point?
As someone who works in the medical education world, I think it'd be cool for leaders and politicians to watch the work of a hospital or operating theater - only then, can they see the type of coordination that needs to happen and the resources that go into quality care.

Also, the fact that the Duke will be witnessing a breast reconstruction is huge, since that field of plastic surgery is currently undergoing a revolution that is hugely important to millions of women all over the world. The Express article mentioned that the other procedure is pretty innovative, too, but I just don't know as much about it. Hopefully, this visit raises awareness for these procedures.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Nobility

William is president of the Royal Marsden Hospital. Why is he doing this? Who knows? Maybe he's trying to get a feel for different areas of the hospital. I've had two operations in my lifetime, and don't remember a thing about them, but back in the day when the Discovery Channel aired surgeries, I usually watched. Some people find surgery fascinating. Back on topic, there's no doubt the two patients whose surgeries William will observe have signed consent forms. I doubt the fact that they'll be observed will be kept secret from them.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
William is president of the Royal Marsden Hospital. Why is he doing this? Who knows? Maybe he's trying to get a feel for different areas of the hospital. I've had two operations in my lifetime, and don't remember a thing about them, but back in the day when the Discovery Channel aired surgeries, I usually watched. Some people find surgery fascinating. Back on topic, there's no doubt the two patients whose surgeries William will observe have signed consent forms. I doubt the fact that they'll be observed will be kept secret from them.
It did say in the article that they have already consented to it.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 18m
Prince William, president, will visit BAFTA HQ on Nov 18 to launch a campaign to help young people enter the film, TV and games industries.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 34m
Prince William will attend The British Military Tournament on Sunday 8 December -he missed last year's event due to Kate's pregnacy sickness

Prince William to honour Jon Bon Jovi for his charity work | Royal Central

Prince William is to honour Jon Bon Jovi for his charity work at a gala at Kensington Palace later this month.

The Duke of Cambridge will give the Bon Jovi frontman a youth inspiration award at Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala, which due to take place on November 26.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

From the Court Circular, 4 November.

the Duke of Cambridge, this afternoon, attended a Centenary Campaign Luncheon at the Imperial War Museum, London.

Not mentioned anywhere in advance. why not??

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

the Duke of Cambridge, this afternoon, attended a Centenary Campaign Luncheon at the Imperial War Museum, London.

Great. Any pictures?
Old 11-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

Perhaps it wasn't a public appearance?
Old 11-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Perhaps it wasn't a public appearance?
But it's in the CC and therefore official. It isn't a "private"visit ie, visiting charities in advance to find out about them, because that isn't reported anywhere - that tends to be found out through social media.

What I don't understand is that there doesn't seem to be any logic to what is told in advance and what isn't. The diary section on the Cambridges pages isn't that good. I just like logic and consistency!

Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Richard Palmer mentioned it this morning;
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12h
Prince William attended a Centenary Campaign lunch at the Imperial War Museum yesterday, a previously unannounced official engagement.

We'd have got pictures of him entering the building, and then leaving, what's the point? He had a meeting basically. The only reason it's probably in the CC is because it may have had something to do with Remembrance Week/end.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Richard Palmer mentioned it this morning;
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12h
Prince William attended a Centenary Campaign lunch at the Imperial War Museum yesterday, a previously unannounced official engagement.

We'd have got pictures of him entering the building, and then leaving, what's the point? He had a meeting basically. The only reason it's probably in the CC is because it may have had something to do with Remembrance Week/end.
No - its to do with the Centenary Campaign - 1914-2014. It's a fund raiser!

Old 11-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
No - its to do with the Centenary Campaign - 1914-2014. It's a fund raiser!
You're point? Like I said we would have got pictures of him going in and going out, no insider information, no glamorous details. By the sounds of it he sat down and ate lunch with some people.
I don't see the problem. People always mention that royals are working when we don't see them, this is clearly one of those times.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You're point? Like I said we would have got pictures of him going in and going out, no insider information, no glamorous details. By the sounds of it he sat down and ate lunch with some people.
I don't see the problem. People always mention that royals are working when we don't see them, this is clearly one of those times.
My point is that there is no consistency out of his office on what is reported in advance and what isn't. Not worried about pictures - just how information is made available. See earlier post.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
My point is that there is no consistency out of his office on what is reported in advance and what isn't. Not worried about pictures - just how information is made available. See earlier post.
I've seen it. Clearly KP or Clarence House or JLP or whoever manages the release of information for Prince William's engagements saw no reason to publicise the engagement before hand. The only reason we know is because the guy who organises the CC on behalf of The Queen, did his job. This wasn't a charity meeting, this wasn't a visit with his wife, this wasn't some kind of memorial, it was luncheon, nobody's interested in that. Clearly whoever handles William and Catherine, know when to announce engagements so the press turn up and it's worth their while, and when not to. Logical to me.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

6th November Duke of Cambridge is visiting the St Giles Trust.

http://www.braintreeandwithamtimes.c...medium=twitter

Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Majesty

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 57m
So no Duchess of Cambridge at the Winter Whites Gala in aid of Centrepoint at Kensington Palace on November 26. Solo job for William....

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 3h
The Duke of Cambridge, as patron, is to attend the Winter Whites Gala in aid of @centrepointuk at Kensington Palace on 26 November.

Surprising as Catherine is on the invitations or maybe the invitation wasn't real.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
So no Duchess of Cambridge at the Winter Whites Gala in aid of Centrepoint at Kensington Palace on November 26. Solo job for William....

The Duke of Cambridge, as patron, is to attend the Winter Whites Gala in aid of @centrepointuk at Kensington Palace on 26 November.

Surprising as Catherine is on the invitations or maybe the invitation wasn't real.
I've heard she is as tired of listening to Taylor Swift as I am.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 11-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I've heard she is as tired of listening to Taylor Swift as I am.
I'm with you, and Catherine. Taylor Swift is on the list of 'awful' in my book.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Majesty

May not be a fan of Taylor Swift but I think it's shame that Catherine would miss out on performances by Taylor and Bon Jovi though.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Richard Palmer wrote today that he thinks the charity jumped the gun on the invite. If I can find the tweet I'll update this.

EDIT: Here is the tweet. Shows that people should always wait for official confirmation

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
@JanetNorCal @WhatKateWore @HRH_KLynch I think it boils down to the charity jumped the gun.

Closed Thread