The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Majesty

The interview that the article in my previous post mentions.

'I'm not ready to be a full-time Royal': Prince William's exclusive, unprecedented and candid interview with Robert Hardman | Mail Online

This was a very good read. Hope to get the book when it comes out (if it'll be available in the States that is). I love William's reverence for his Grandmother (she's his Grandmother first and Queen second). Says so much about the family dynamic.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post

'I'm not ready to be a full-time Royal': Prince William's exclusive, unprecedented and candid interview with Robert Hardman | Mail Online

This was a very good read. Hope to get the book when it comes out (if it'll be available in the States that is). I love William's reverence for his Grandmother (she's his Grandmother first and Queen second). Says so much about the family dynamic.
FYI, I just pre-ordered the book from amazon uk and it was about $28 delivered to the US. Not too bad.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
FYI, I just pre-ordered the book from amazon uk and it was about $28 delivered to the US. Not too bad.
Thank you . Will have to check that out.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Great article! Some interesting stories and good insight into the relationship. Funny that he never actually says "I'm not ready to be a full-time Royal." I guess the Daily Mail thought that would be a juicy headline.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I noticed that as well. The closest he comes is saying that the work he's doing is useful preparation for when he is a full-time Royal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
Funny that he never actually says "I'm not ready to be a full-time Royal." I guess the Daily Mail thought that would be a juicy headline.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I noticed that as well. The closest he comes is saying that the work he's doing is useful preparation for when he is a full-time Royal.
He's a very level headed sensible young man who realizes that each step he takes in life is a learning experience. He's got wonderful people behind him he can turn to for advice and support and I think should William have to ascend the throne tomorrow, he'd be confident and self assured in the role as he has had such excellent role models to guide him.

What impressed me most about the article is that you can feel by the tone of his words how very much he loves his grandmother and his family.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
Great article! Some interesting stories and good insight into the relationship. Funny that he never actually says "I'm not ready to be a full-time Royal." I guess the Daily Mail thought that would be a juicy headline.
I noticed that as well. However, I like what he did say in regards to becoming a full-time working Royal. He's not obsessing over it at the moment, which is a smart thing to do; helps in avoiding feeling overwhelmed and stressed all the time.

When it's his turn to be King, I think he'll be as ready as he'll ever be, because even though you receive all sorts of training, in the end, you have to figure out the best of doing this on your own.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I've always loved William but I absolutely love that he followed the Queen's visit to Republic of Ireland the same way I'm sure the Queen followed his and Catherine's trip to Canada, with much pride in his grandmother. Lovely!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

This is really an interesting, insightful article, and it's wonderful to see the pride the Queen and William have in each other. I'm looking forward to reading the book and have to see if my library system will be ordering it.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I dunno where to put this since this falls under William Harry and now Kate news(since she's now part of the charity as well)
Princes William and Harry appoint Tessa Green, Diana's Lady Charity | Mail Online
Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William, Prince Harry Video: Babies with Princess Diana & Prince Charles : People.com
Old 10-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I dunno where to put this since this falls under William Harry and now Kate news(since she's now part of the charity as well)
Princes William and Harry appoint Tessa Green, Diana's Lady Charity | Mail Online
I'll say one thing for Mrs. Green- she has wild fashion sense! In that pic she looks about as thrilled as a tombstone...
Also I think that the causes mentioned in this article for Kate to support sound more up her street than the arts somehow.....
Old 10-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Majesty

A very nice and touching gesture. William wrote a letter to the owner of a furniture store in Croydon that got destroyed during the August riots.

Prince William writes heartfelt letter of support Croydon family furniture store torched during UK riots - mirror.co.uk

Old 10-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Why am I not in the least bit surprised?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Why am I not in the least bit surprised?
Because it's William and it's how he does things. He's one of the few public figures who makes my days just a little bit better with his acts of kindness. They're always genuine and come from the heart, not just from obligation or duty.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Because it's William and it's how he does things. He's one of the few public figures who makes my days just a little bit better with his acts of kindness. They're always genuine and come from the heart, not just from obligation or duty.
That wasn't a ?, I was just saying that I wasn't surprised!
Same here with the rest.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
That wasn't a ?, I was just saying that I wasn't surprised!
Same here with the rest.
Sorry. I get carried away with this stuff sometimes and tend to state the obvious .

Old 10-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

William's good luck message
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Prince William, vice royal patron of the Welsh RFU, has sent a good luck message to Wales ahead of their rugby World Cup semi-final v France
Old 10-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Majesty

More on Prince William's involvement with Fields in Trust.

Hands Off Our Land: Prince William calls for parkland to be protected from developers - Telegraph

Old 10-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Majesty

Very well done, William.

Prince William tops influential men list ahead of David Guetta and Cristiano Ronaldo - mirror.co.uk

William talking about the Fields in Trust.

The Duke of Cambridge speaks about Fields in Trust - YouTube

Closed Thread