The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Richard Palmer mentioned it this morning;
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12h
Prince William attended a Centenary Campaign lunch at the Imperial War Museum yesterday, a previously unannounced official engagement.

We'd have got pictures of him entering the building, and then leaving, what's the point? He had a meeting basically. The only reason it's probably in the CC is because it may have had something to do with Remembrance Week/end.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Richard Palmer mentioned it this morning;
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12h
Prince William attended a Centenary Campaign lunch at the Imperial War Museum yesterday, a previously unannounced official engagement.

We'd have got pictures of him entering the building, and then leaving, what's the point? He had a meeting basically. The only reason it's probably in the CC is because it may have had something to do with Remembrance Week/end.
No - its to do with the Centenary Campaign - 1914-2014. It's a fund raiser!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
No - its to do with the Centenary Campaign - 1914-2014. It's a fund raiser!
You're point? Like I said we would have got pictures of him going in and going out, no insider information, no glamorous details. By the sounds of it he sat down and ate lunch with some people.
I don't see the problem. People always mention that royals are working when we don't see them, this is clearly one of those times.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You're point? Like I said we would have got pictures of him going in and going out, no insider information, no glamorous details. By the sounds of it he sat down and ate lunch with some people.
I don't see the problem. People always mention that royals are working when we don't see them, this is clearly one of those times.
My point is that there is no consistency out of his office on what is reported in advance and what isn't. Not worried about pictures - just how information is made available. See earlier post.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
My point is that there is no consistency out of his office on what is reported in advance and what isn't. Not worried about pictures - just how information is made available. See earlier post.
I've seen it. Clearly KP or Clarence House or JLP or whoever manages the release of information for Prince William's engagements saw no reason to publicise the engagement before hand. The only reason we know is because the guy who organises the CC on behalf of The Queen, did his job. This wasn't a charity meeting, this wasn't a visit with his wife, this wasn't some kind of memorial, it was luncheon, nobody's interested in that. Clearly whoever handles William and Catherine, know when to announce engagements so the press turn up and it's worth their while, and when not to. Logical to me.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

6th November Duke of Cambridge is visiting the St Giles Trust.

http://www.braintreeandwithamtimes.c...medium=twitter

Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Majesty

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 57m
So no Duchess of Cambridge at the Winter Whites Gala in aid of Centrepoint at Kensington Palace on November 26. Solo job for William....

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 3h
The Duke of Cambridge, as patron, is to attend the Winter Whites Gala in aid of @centrepointuk at Kensington Palace on 26 November.

Surprising as Catherine is on the invitations or maybe the invitation wasn't real.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
So no Duchess of Cambridge at the Winter Whites Gala in aid of Centrepoint at Kensington Palace on November 26. Solo job for William....

The Duke of Cambridge, as patron, is to attend the Winter Whites Gala in aid of @centrepointuk at Kensington Palace on 26 November.

Surprising as Catherine is on the invitations or maybe the invitation wasn't real.
I've heard she is as tired of listening to Taylor Swift as I am.

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 11-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I've heard she is as tired of listening to Taylor Swift as I am.
I'm with you, and Catherine. Taylor Swift is on the list of 'awful' in my book.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Majesty

May not be a fan of Taylor Swift but I think it's shame that Catherine would miss out on performances by Taylor and Bon Jovi though.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Richard Palmer wrote today that he thinks the charity jumped the gun on the invite. If I can find the tweet I'll update this.

EDIT: Here is the tweet. Shows that people should always wait for official confirmation

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
@JanetNorCal @WhatKateWore @HRH_KLynch I think it boils down to the charity jumped the gun.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Prince William voices his concerns about landlords refusing ex-prisoners as tenants-
Prince William voices his concerns about landlords refusing ex-prisoners as tenants | Royal | News | Daily Express

Yes, I see in Richard's that Catherine was never going and the charity made a mistake with the invitations. They had hoped she would attend but was told that she wouldn't be able to make it.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William voices his concerns about landlords refusing ex-prisoners as tenants-
Prince William voices his concerns about landlords refusing ex-prisoners as tenants | Royal | News | Daily Express

Yes, I see in Richard's that Catherine was never going and the charity made a mistake with the invitations. They had hoped she would attend but was told that she wouldn't be able to make it.
Cambridge magic was out in full force today. Awesome!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Majesty

JB ‏@Royal_beans 1h
REMINDER: The Duke of Cambridge, President, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, will visit The Royal Marsden on Nov 7

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Is there anywhere that shows a guest list for this event?
Somehow doubt Robert Hardy will be on the list of there was one, no guest list will be released for security reasons.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Majesty

The Royal Marsden ‏@royalmarsden 27m
Photo: Prince William arriving at The Royal Marsden and being greeted by Chief Executive Cally Palmer pic.twitter.com/FV5DFODyv0

The Royal Marsden ‏@royalmarsden 8m
Prince William update: he's now at 2nd operation (bladder surgery). Mr Pardeep Kumar's explaining what's happened so far and what's to come.

The Royal Marsden ‏@royalmarsden 2h
It's Prince William's visit today so we dug out some old photos of him and his mother at The Royal Marsden: http://www.royalmarsden.org/prince-william?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=prince_william&utm_campaign=general_charity …

The Royal Marsden ‏@royalmarsden 33m
Prince William update: he's arrived, changed into scrubs and now he's viewing the first of two operations, a breast reconstruction

The Royal Marsden ‏@royalmarsden 32m
He also chatted with staff and shared a joke about the number of qualifications they have to get.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Home - ITNSource News
Old 11-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Photos from yesterday at St. Giles Trust
Prince William Visits St Giles Trust - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 11-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Majesty

The Royal Marsden ‏@royalmarsden 5m
Photo: Prince William looking on while Mr Pardeep Kumar and team perform bladder surgery pic.twitter.com/FYRUz4KjxJ

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 30m
Prince William at the Royal Marsden. pic.twitter.com/OJC9ub6jz7

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 38m
Royal #William in his second operation, this time in surgical mask - reminiscent of his mother in '96 pic.twitter.com/OthPjuicGX

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 54m
"Nobody fainted. The Duke was very calm, very interested in our pioneering, innovative surgery," a hospital spokeswoman says

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
"How was it William?" asks@skynewsroyal. "Good. Still standing," says William, holding his tummy.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Clearly been a busy few days for Prince William