The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

Lol favorite part of that is that is he is barely going to fit in it. George is a big boy...can't wait to see the christening pics on the 23rd.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Majesty

Video:
William Attends Football Match at Buckingham Palace-
Home - ITNSource News

iisuzieii, I know, their little boy is growing. Can't wait to see the pics too.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-14-2013, 06:17 AM
Courtier

Duke of Cambridge to attend the Football Association’s 150th Anniversary Gala Dinner, Grand Connaught Rooms, London - October 26
Old 10-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke of Cambridge to carry out investiture on Thursday - his first

Andy Murray to receive his OBE from Prince William - Telegraph

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy

Good for William! Time to start getting in the practice as he'll have to do a lot more of these in the future!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Courtier

This is so exciting!!! I view it as a real coming of age for William, to be allowed by HM to conduct an investiture. Can't wait to see the video/photos.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Majesty

This is the kind of stuff many people have been waiting for, William embracing a more official role within the "Firm." I also can't wait for the pictures. Hopefully there will be a video provided.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
This is the kind of stuff many people have been waiting for, William embracing a more official role within the "Firm." I also can't wait for the pictures. Hopefully there will be a video provided.
Yup!! I'm excited for this, and I also very much hope the Cambridges participate in state dinners now.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Serene Highness

William to present the 1st British man to win Wimbledon in how long (battling a bug and while I know it, I'm blanking on it) w/his OBE? Oh, there'll be oodles of pictures and videos of this one, I'll guarantee it!!

I wonder if Andy will be able even do the neck bow thing, as he's recovering from what sounded like pretty serious back surgery. Regardless, this is one presentation ceremony I can't wait to see!!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
William to present the 1st British man to win Wimbledon in how long (battling a bug and while I know it, I'm blanking on it) w/his OBE?
77 years is the how long you're looking for. He's also the first British player to win a Grand Slam singles tournament at the US Open since 1936 (and the first British player since 1977), and as of last year's Olympics he's the first British singles champion in over 100 years. This OBE is certainly well deserved.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Majesty

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 19m
The Queen uses a sword that belonged to her father,King George VI, so we presume William will also be using his great-grandfather's heirloom

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 18m
Sources say he's also been practising pinning medals on servants in preparation for the ceremony. Has a lot to live up to in his grandmother

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 17m
It's also a significant step up for the prince who left the military last month to begin his formal life as a royal.....

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

William doesn't actually have to pin anyone. The people getting the gongs have a little clip put on their lapel prior to the investiture so the Queen or whatever royal doing the investiture just put the gong onto the clip.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Cut to the chase

What will he wear??
Old 10-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
What will he wear??
MAny options - uniform from 3 of the services (army,Navy or RAF), not Marines as he doesnt hold any rank in that service. Or a suit. Probably blue

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

Most likely a uniform. Raf would be my guess. Charles and Anne always wear a uniform for investitures.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Gentry

So I haven't kept up - I know the baby is going to be christened but were we given a date and godparents yet?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
So I haven't kept up - I know the baby is going to be christened but were we given a date and godparents yet?

Oct 23 at Chapel Royal at St James Palace...and there has been no OFFICIAL announcement on the godparents...maybe a week b4 they will be announced.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yup!! I'm excited for this, and I also very much hope the Cambridges participate in state dinners now.
Yes, we are way overdue for Catherine in a tiara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 18m
Sources say he's also been practising pinning medals on servants in preparation for the ceremony. Has a lot to live up to in his grandmother
This gives me a vision of some poor servant patiently standing as William practices pinning him it really makes me giggle and if true it confirms my suspicions that William is a very cautious young man. If it were me I'd figure how hard can it be to pin something on someone or bop them w/ a sword and just wing it - just as well it's not me I suppose :)
Old 10-15-2013, 02:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
This gives me a vision of some poor servant patiently standing as William practices pinning him it really makes me giggle and if true it confirms my suspicions that William is a very cautious young man. If it were me I'd figure how hard can it be to pin something on someone or bop them w/ a sword and just wing it - just as well it's not me I suppose :)
This shows me bad journalist's skills and palace staff's professionalism. They organized repetition of investiture ceremony (like wedding repetition). Good job.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:30 AM
Courtier

Oh I bet he is nervous, he has a lot to live up to, his grandmother the Queen will be watching every move and so will his dad. I can't wait to see the pictures and video, bet he is going to wear the red uniform he married in, he looked so handsome in it. Now is the time to really become a hard working royal like the Queen, and this will hopefully keep the naysayers quiet and they can go back to drinking their tea or whatever.