The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 08:03 AM
Majesty

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 2h
#royal As Prince #William prepares to decide on his future career, he'll leave RAF Valley & Anglesey. So the Aug 14th visit to say goodbye?

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3h
#royal Prince William will visit the Anglesey Show on Aug 14th - his first public engagement since becoming a dad #Kate #George

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

William has been spotted heading for Devon (various twitter reports). apparently, he ison a stag weekend

https://mobile.twitter.com/suttonnic...611200/photo/1

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Nobility

I thought he went back to work this past Wednesday?
Old 08-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He must not be working this weekend.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

lol was him going to a stag really front page worthy...and its not an escape from kate...its an escape from anglseey and his job...kates in Berkshire...so the headline is dumb...and i am sure james meade will be so thrilled that his stag is front page news. (pretty sure its his since he is getting married in september..which now makes me think the wedding is early sept.)

it must be a slow news day for the sun.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's the stag article in the Mail:

New father the Duke of Cambridge 'given permission to attend boozy stag weekend with friends' | Mail Online
Old 08-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Not even going to read the article because it'll be Catherine who's obviously given him permission when it's mor accurate that his squad leader is the one handing out permission.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

I imagine he wouldn't be going if Catherine wasn't okay with it, regardless of the military's position on it! So, I guess she did give him permission. That's the way marriage works. If you want to do something that the other party might be inconvenienced or annoyed by, you generally "ask permission".
Old 08-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

These headlines are insane IMO. They cant expect William to be there 24/7. Im sure he has friends and also other things to attend like everyone else. Lucky for him to get maternity leave 2 weeks. Many countries like mine for example dont give fathers that leave. Im also pretty sure that William & Kate have an understanding.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Majesty

I think it's wrong for the media to say Catherine gave William permission to go. Most likely these plans are made in advance and they know about it.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kelly Mathews ‏@allthingsregal 56m
New Dad Prince William, 31, looked totally relaxed as he headed to a stag weekend with pals on Friday TheSun pic.twitter.com/Q6tbeBFCjw
Retweeted by Mark Cuthbert
Old 08-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Courtier

Good Chums and better booze. Course he is going to be relaxed
Old 08-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think he's back on duty yet. There is this weekend away and the Anglesey show next week.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

With all the nutrients in those baby formulas, I'll bet it's a great cure for a hangover.

Don't flip out, that's a joke.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think it's wrong for the media to say Catherine gave William permission to go. Most likely these plans are made in advance and they know about it.
I don't see where they get the impression that he's hen-pecked and she calls all the shots. Look at the way they behaved when they came out of the hospital - he turned to her, told her to hand him the baby, walked down the steps holding the baby with her in tow, told her where to stand and answered questions. Then he was the one who put the baby in the car. I'm not saying he's bossy or anything but he doesn't seem like a weak willed type person. In the past people who knew him said he was stubborn once his mind was set.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Courtier

I watch the video and she ask him if he wanted to hold the baby when they were at the door of the hospital.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@RE_DailyMail: William chose to visit the Anglesey Show- a popular farming event- to thank the local community for support he and Kate have received there

@RE_DailyMail: Duchess & Prince George won't be there but prince will watch gundog & falconry displays before meeting Young Farmers & view cattle judging

@RE_DailyMail: The Cambridges will leave Anglesey mid September after William's stint there as an RAF Search and Rescue pilot ends...new career plans tbc
Old 08-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Majesty

The people of Anglesey have treated have welcomed and treated the Cambridge's very nicely. I'm sure they enjoyed their time there.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William seen surfing at stag do - Telegraph
Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
@RE_DailyMail: William chose to visit the Anglesey Show- a popular farming event- to thank the local community for support he and Kate have received there

@RE_DailyMail: Duchess & Prince George won't be there but prince will watch gundog & falconry displays before meeting Young Farmers & view cattle judging

@RE_DailyMail: The Cambridges will leave Anglesey mid September after William's stint there as an RAF Search and Rescue pilot ends...new career plans tbc

They make it sound definite, but there has been no official statement

Closed Thread