The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 10h
Prince William suggested he and Kate want to campaign to remove the stigma surrounding mental illness after watching friends suffer

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 2h
A mini motorcycle fit for a Prince! Here's the gift the Duke of Cambridge is taking home for Prince George. pic.twitter.com/8LlsP6YSPr

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 21h
William gets a toybox cake & sugar baby kit for George fm @UCBofficial pic.twitter.com/x258z0N2Sv pic.twitter.com/oWy0s8Le0A pic.twitter.com/2nBEJJuAAu

Prince William glides into family man role in Birmingham visit-
Prince William glides into family man role in Birmingham visit « Express & Star

Video:
PRINCE WILLIAM VISITS BIRMINGHAM HOMELESSNESS PROJECT-
Home - ITNSource News

How precious is William with that baby?:D
And goofing off with the kids, and making people smile ? Priceless.:lol:
Once again, Cambridge magic has made my day. Never fails.

How precious is William with that baby?:D
And goofing off with the kids, and making people smile ? Priceless.:lol:
Once again, Cambridge magic has made my day. Never fails.

Only too true. I think in another life, William would have gone into teaching the younger kids. He's so good with them.

We have something similar to this in my classroom, only in audio format. The kids love it. Again, delightful to see William participating, and more importantly, enjoying himself.

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge took part in a volleyball game at the Westway Sports Centre in north Kensington, London, today while visiting young apprentice sports coaches taking part in a mentoring programme he helped to create.

William started off shakily during a coaching skills session in which he spent most of his time on court looking around to see where he was meant to be and to whom he should be passing the ball-
Home - ITNSource News

Slam dunk! Prince William joins teens for a game of volleyball-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-vollyeball-game-at-West-London-sports-centre

Last edited:
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 7h
And Prince William is presenting medals to the Irish Guards (of which he is Colonel) tomorrow at Mons Barracks, Aldershot.

Pictures:
HRH The Duke of Cambridge presenting medals to the Irish Guards in Aldershot-
william & Catherine

Pictures:
HRH The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel of the Irish Guards present Operational Service Medals, for deployment in Afghanistan, to soldiers of 1st Battalion Irish Guards on December 6, 2013 in Aldershot, England-
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=453586871&EditorialProduct=Royalty

The Duke of Cambridge standard flies at half-mast in memory of President Nelson Mandela as The Duke present medals to the Irish Guards-
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...s-standard-flies-at-half-news-photo/453930691

Video:
Prince William Presents Medals to Soldiers in Aldershot-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=Prince%20William%20Presents%20Medals%20to%20Soldiers%20in%20Aldershot

Last edited:
Ooooh - look what St. Nic brought me - too big to fit in my shoe. Hunky Wills in my favorite dress uniform. Does wonders for this old woman's heart ;)
Thanks to all those who keep us free and safe!

JB ‏@Royal_beans 8h
REMINDER: The Duke of Cambridge will attend the British Military Tournament, Earls Court Exhibition Centre, on Dec 8 #royal

:flowers:OMG, he is one very handsome young man, isn't her.....his mother would be so very proud of him today. Sometimes in certain pictures of him and Catherine and the baby during the christening, he had this look of sadness in his eyes....made me think how he must be thinking of his mother. I bet there are times in his life and even in public (and he can't show it) that something comes up and it reminds him of a time with his mother. I really like this young man and he has a huge responsibility on his shoulders for such a young age.

:flowers:OMG, he is one very handsome young man, isn't her.....his mother would be so very proud of him today. Sometimes in certain pictures of him and Catherine and the baby during the christening, he had this look of sadness in his eyes....made me think how he must be thinking of his mother. I bet there are times in his life and even in public (and he can't show it) that something comes up and it reminds him of a time with his mother. I really like this young man and he has a huge responsibility on his shoulders for such a young age.
I also admire him very much: he seems self-assured and confident, down-to-earth but still dignified, sincere and engaged with people he meets; has a sense of fun when appropriate - without seeming to be straining to be a Funny-man - I'm very impressed indeed. :flowers:

I have no idea where to put this.
Readings today's (and other day's) reports on the Phone hacking trial, I wanted to understand why there is a need to explain the details of so many hacked calls.

This is mostly an "ignorant American" question. What in the law requires all this private detail to come out in order to get a conviction?

Thanks for any insight.

Oh and the DM article today is only worth reading if you want another example of how they twist the truth. No babykins and only shot at by blanks.

I had been wondering how on earth members of the media and fellow online royal watchers knew William called Catherine "Babykins."?

William's phone and voicemail messages were hacked, if you read the DailyMail article they provided word for word what William said to Kate in messages or on the phone. There's also conversations with his brother.

Victims of phone hacking (not just royals but also of kidnapped and murdered children) are victims once more. There is something really wrong here as private calls are made public.

Victims of phone hacking (not just royals but also of kidnapped and murdered children) are victims once more. There is something really wrong here as private calls are made public.

Yes, Cepe - it bothers one that they are being MORE victimized as all this info that was not printed comes out at the trial.

It is an incredible invasion of privacy. It must have been awful to read articles with all that private information and wonder which one of their friends were talking to the media. How could they trust anyone?

However, the most outrageous stunt was the Missy Dowler case. I can't even imagine how the hackers justified that to themselves--they gave the family false hope and interfered with a police investigation. Despicable.

It is an incredible invasion of privacy. It must have been awful to read articles with all that private information and wonder which one of their friends were talking to the media. How could they trust anyone?

However, the most outrageous stunt was the Missy Dowler case. I can't even imagine how the hackers justified that to themselves--they gave the family false hope and interfered with a police investigation. Despicable.

I agree so much. In Twitter today, people were saying it was ok because the William messages were "cute". Boy, did they miss the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom