The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Williams video speech to the FA on their 150th anniversary, couldn't attend due to work commitments.
The FA | News Room - Duke of Cambridge on FA150

Old 01-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Prince William sent a video message to the Football Assocation today congratulating English soccer's governing body on its 150th anniversary

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Prince William was unable to attend an event today celebrating the Football Association's 150th anniversary because he was on RAF duties.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Please note that off topic (and speculative) posts that have nothing to do with William's current events have been deleted.

Thank you.

Let's stay on topic.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Courtier

Prince William supports Royal Marsden campaign
Video:
https://www.royalmarsden.org/ten10/prince-william

“I am extremely proud to be President of The Royal Marsden, an incredible hospital and a world-class cancer centre. Please help them continue their amazing work as a centre of innovation and help make a difference for people with cancer everywhere.”
Old 01-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Courtier

Prince William in £100m cancer appeal: The Duke of Cambridge launches hospital bid with video plea - Mirror Online

Prince William’s £100m plea in cancer war | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Old 01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William should go to Afghanistan, says majority of Britons | Royal | | Daily Express

Results of a survey on whether William should be allowed into Afghanistan.

Interesting results but he won't be allowed to go and I think HMQ and Charles will rue that Harry even raised it.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Elisa Roche@Elisa_Roche
Lovely letter from Prince Wills to nominees at 2night's @BAFTA s thanking them for "so many memorable film moments in 2012" signed 'William'
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Gentry

Prince William to present shamrocks to the Irish Guards on St. Patrick's Day?

Prince William to follow in Kate's footsteps at parade - News - gethampshire
Old 02-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisianna View Post
Prince William to present shamrocks to the Irish Guards on St. Patrick's Day?

Prince William to follow in Kate's footsteps at parade - News - gethampshire
I think both Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend this year
Old 02-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Courtier

Caitlin @KateWillWatch
RT @sabah_RK PRINCE WILLIAM IS COMING O MY COUSINS SCHOOL!!!

We'll have to wait to get more details
Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Courtier

Prince William rescues walkers stranded overnight in Snowdonia in freezing conditions

Flight Lt Wales flew into action in his RAF Sea King helicopter after the pair, in their 40s and 50s, were reported missing by a worried friend

Prince William rescues walkers stranded overnight in Snowdonia in freezing conditions - Mirror Online
Old 02-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Apparently, two members of the public have spotted Prince William on a flight to Zurich.

Two tweets from today:
“@Judefry: I’m not usually starstruck but Prince William was on my plane to Zurich and he is definitely quite cute in real life”

“@alicesparks95:Can’t believe Prince William was on my Mums plane today lol”

I found it at the following website (scroll down), which also states that William is attending a friend's wedding.

William and Catherine - Page 1 of 1924
Old 02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I miss seeing William and Kate together. I hope they do a joint engagement soon.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Prince William rescues walkers stranded overnight in Snowdonia in freezing conditions

Flight Lt Wales flew into action in his RAF Sea King helicopter after the pair, in their 40s and 50s, were reported missing by a worried friend

Prince William rescues walkers stranded overnight in Snowdonia in freezing conditions - Mirror Online
Wow!! I have a cousin in the RCAF who is a Sea King pilot and told us once that conditions like that are the ones she and all of them hope and pray they never end up being called out for. Simply due to just how high risk the conditions make the mission, because the winds can change direction at the drop of a hat and if you don't keep your head and let the training kick in, you can get into very real trouble really fast.

For all those who think William's just "playing and hiding up in Wales", need to read this and then think awfully hard before they say that again. Sadly, I also know the odds of that are nil, but worth the try.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Majesty

It is a risky job that the SAR do. Catherine expressed in Canada that she worry about William on the job.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Courtier

Imagine if he got his wish and went to Afghanistan!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke of Cambridge becomes Aide-de-Camp to the Queen - Telegraph

William has become ADC to the Queen.

I hope this is the right thread. Please move if I've got it wrong

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Majesty

Congrats to HRH The Duke of Cambridge. It would be nice to see the Cambridge's attend the State Opening of Parliament at some point.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Caitlin ‏@KateWillWatch
RT @rachel_downey Prince William is watching our performance wow nervous!!!! @riverdance

Caitlin ‏@KateWillWatch
William is at this event. Brian O'Dirscoll was invited to the wedding. Credit to @thecambridges & @Brwneyegirl25 http://www.fireball.co.uk/downloads/...0-%20BOD13.pdf … …

Caitlin ‏@KateWillWatch
RT @robgburgess At a dinner in London to celebrate career of Irish legend Brian O'Driscoll. Guestlist includes Bono and Prince William

Caitlin ‏@KateWillWatch
RT @DanielleBayness my auntie is at this ball thing, and she just texted me saying that she has just met Niall and prince William

Caitlin ‏@KateWillWatch
RT @rachel_downey performed an amazing gig with Riverdance in front Emelie Sande & One Direction!!! Bono & Prince William in the front row!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter The Court Circular records an engagement for Prince William yesterday which the media were not told about - a lunch at the Kennel Club.