The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Indeed- along with the page that has a list of the things that make women drool!
Agree with all the other statements!
Only too true .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Majesty

IS PRINCE WILLIAM READY TO HANG UP HIS WINGS?-
Is Prince William ready to hang up his wings? | Columnists | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

Old 10-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Serene Highness

I am willing to bet my last dollar that William becomes a working royal next year when his current duty is up in 2013. The reorganising of Catherine's and his office and staff members only convinces me of this. Change is in the works with the Cambridges.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Majesty

I wonder if William will lay a wreath at The Cenotaph on behalf of his father at the Remembrance Sunday Service?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

William lays a wreath on behalf of himself, but he may lay one on behalf of his father. Time will tell.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Majesty

Yes, I know that but I was just wondering if he will lay a wreath on his father's behalf as well?
Old 11-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I wonder if William will lay a wreath at The Cenotaph on behalf of his father at the Remembrance Sunday Service?
I don't recall substitutes laying wreaths for other members of the Royal family in the past when they have missed the Cenotaph service because they have been attending services elsewhere. The only exception would be the Queen who doesn't lay her wreath on her own behalf but lays it on behalf of the nation.

In any case, the Prince of Wales will lay his own wreath, just not in London. I think William will lay his wreath on his own behalf only.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In any case, the Prince of Wales will lay his own wreath, just not in London. I think William will lay his wreath on his own behalf only.
That's what I would have thought, as well.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Centrepoint

Wow, what a night. And to top it all off... This just in from our Patron, Prince William:

‘As Patron of Centrepoint, I have seen the devastating impact of homelessness on young people, but I have also seen the remarkable work of the organisations that help, which is made possible thanks to events like Sleep Out. I am hopeful that we will see the end of youth homeless in our generation, thanks in large part to efforts like this.’

Just wow. Well done all. #sleepout
Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Courtier

Paul Harrison@SkyNewsRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge will attend the Wales v New Zealand Autumn International rugby match on 24th Nov
Old 11-12-2012, 06:45 AM
Courtier

It will be wonderful to see Prince William at the match. He and Kate have showed such wonderful support during the Olympics and I am sure his attendance at future sporting events will be much appreciated.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Majesty

Prince William now the most popular royal as monarchy rides high in national poll:
Prince William now the most popular royal as monarchy rides high in national poll - UK - News - London Evening Standard
Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Prince William now the most popular royal as monarchy rides high in national poll:
Prince William now the most popular royal as monarchy rides high in national poll - UK - News - London Evening Standard
Not surprised in the least..... he comes first with good reason! Congrats to HRH.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Not surprised in the least..... he comes first with good reason! Congrats to HRH.
I really like William but I don't agree this. HMQ, Prince Philip, Charles, Anne, Edward and Sophie work far harder at royal duties than William. This was young people pushing the poll for William And Catherine higher than the others so I'd love to see the age profile in detail.

This is a good thing for the future of the monarchy but I don't think he "deserves" it

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Courtier

I imagine if the poll had asked who's the most admirable or distinguished or hard working member of the royal family the results would have been different, (for me the answer to all three of those questions would be the Queen). But if the question asked was something along the lines of "who's your favourite royal", that, to me, means who is the most likeable and, (again IMO), that's William, hands down.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

These types of 'popularity' polls need to be taken with a pinch of salt. I mean, in 2002 Princess Diana came above Shakespeare and Sir Isaac Newton in the BBC's 100 Greatest Britons poll (which still makes me ashamed of my fellow countrymen and women). William and Harry are young, handsome and currently putting their lives on the line to serve Queen and country.

Much as I like them both, ageism plays a big part in this. The young royals are seen as fun and cool, while the Queen is now at the sweet little granny 'national treasure' end of the scale. It's the royals in the middle - Charles, Camilla, Andrew etc. - who are stuck in the uncool middle-aged no man's land.

I think this is a hugely positive poll for the monarchy as a whole. The Queen is almost universally admired and respected, and support for retaining the monarchy is almost 80%. The institution is probably in its strongest position for the last 60 years, which is perhaps not surprising given our other major institutions have let us down lately - the BBC, the police, MPs, the press more generally.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 AM
Courtier

A day in the working life of The Duke of Cambridge
A working day in the life of Flight Lieutenant Wales
Old 11-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Courtier

I loved the blog on Will's RAF job. He works the same number of shifts as everybody else. After a 24hr shift the outgoing crew is on 2nd team standby mode the day their shift ends so he has to stay in the area. I did find it funny in all of the shots, the guys are drink from RAF mugs but the shot with Wills on the computer there is a mug with a close up of a pig on it. Just seems weird.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Majesty

LOL, I'm guessing they have all kinds of mugs there. Very nice pictures. Must be a hard job.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here is the link to the Telegraph article about the release on the official webpage. RAF Valley: revealing pictures show Prince William in barracks - Telegraph

There were photos in the Telegraph article not on the official website - meaning, probably, that there was a press release that went out as well? The Telegraph also noted the personal nature of the photos, "some of which are blurry and out of focus." The six year commitment to the job was mentioned, but no mention of the transition to privatize the service.

The timing of this release is odd. On Nov 14 there was also a release from the Prince praising the April Jones rescue teams and their connection to SAR teams. Prince William thanks April Jones rescue teams - Telegraph

Many people are betting William leaves SAR to become a full time royal - yet these releases plump for the rescue service. By earlier press reports, William was to recommit to another tour (although for another SAR location - as it is required that staff rotate their tour locations) about this time of year. the next tour would start (or this tour would end) mid 2013. See Airman Prince William could become part-time helicopter instructor - Telegraph.

Maybe Wills is just doing some PR for SAR before he leaves. Who knows - but I am less sure then ever what choice the Prince has made/will make.