The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: William's "common touch" & his ability to empathise with people is helped enormously because he has "a real job". Future sovereigns need to know about the constitution/understand the workings of the City etc., but William's current post will keep him in touch with the lives of ordinary people & thus maintain his popularity for the next generation.

:previous: William's "common touch" & his ability to empathise with people is helped enormously because he has "a real job". Future sovereigns need to know about the constitution/understand the workings of the City etc., but William's current post will keep him in touch with the lives of ordinary people & thus maintain his popularity for the next generation.

You're spot on. A knowledge of politics does not a good monarch make, but ability to sympathize and show compassion to one's subjects does. Understanding of the constitution can come from a book and good discussions with those who are familiar with it, but compassion and kindness come from one's heart, and cannot be gotten in any other fashion.

Poor William having to go through that. We've had the highest number of children drowning in Ontario this Summer than we've had in ten years. I can still see this one Ontario Provincial Police Marine Officer who was slumped on the deck by their boat, w/his head in his hands saying to the Reporter sent to cover that story, "I am getting so sick and tired of pulling dead children out of the water this Summer."

That sense of helplessness can be so overwhelming. While I know they're trained in how to handle things when that happens to them while on duty, it still has its effects. William's lucky he has Kate at home and has her support there when he gets home after coming off of duty when something like this happens to him.

When is William due to go off for service in the Falklands? This fall or early in the new year?

The interview that the article in my previous post mentions.

'I'm not ready to be a full-time Royal': Prince William's exclusive, unprecedented and candid interview with Robert Hardman | Mail Online

This was a very good read. Hope to get the book when it comes out (if it'll be available in the States that is). I love William's reverence for his Grandmother (she's his Grandmother first and Queen second). Says so much about the family dynamic.

FYI, I just pre-ordered the book from amazon uk and it was about $28 delivered to the US. Not too bad.

'I'm not ready to be a full-time Royal': Prince William's exclusive, unprecedented and candid interview with Robert Hardman | Mail Online

This was a very good read. Hope to get the book when it comes out (if it'll be available in the States that is). I love William's reverence for his Grandmother (she's his Grandmother first and Queen second). Says so much about the family dynamic.

Great article! Some interesting stories and good insight into the relationship. Funny that he never actually says "I'm not ready to be a full-time Royal." I guess the Daily Mail thought that would be a juicy headline.

I noticed that as well. The closest he comes is saying that the work he's doing is useful preparation for when he is a full-time Royal.;)

Funny that he never actually says "I'm not ready to be a full-time Royal." I guess the Daily Mail thought that would be a juicy headline.

I noticed that as well. The closest he comes is saying that the work he's doing is useful preparation for when he is a full-time Royal.;)

He's a very level headed sensible young man who realizes that each step he takes in life is a learning experience. He's got wonderful people behind him he can turn to for advice and support and I think should William have to ascend the throne tomorrow, he'd be confident and self assured in the role as he has had such excellent role models to guide him.

What impressed me most about the article is that you can feel by the tone of his words how very much he loves his grandmother and his family.

Great article! Some interesting stories and good insight into the relationship. Funny that he never actually says "I'm not ready to be a full-time Royal." I guess the Daily Mail thought that would be a juicy headline.

I noticed that as well. However, I like what he did say in regards to becoming a full-time working Royal. He's not obsessing over it at the moment, which is a smart thing to do; helps in avoiding feeling overwhelmed and stressed all the time.

When it's his turn to be King, I think he'll be as ready as he'll ever be, because even though you receive all sorts of training, in the end, you have to figure out the best of doing this on your own.

I've always loved William but I absolutely love that he followed the Queen's visit to Republic of Ireland the same way I'm sure the Queen followed his and Catherine's trip to Canada, with much pride in his grandmother. Lovely!

This is really an interesting, insightful article, and it's wonderful to see the pride the Queen and William have in each other. I'm looking forward to reading the book and have to see if my library system will be ordering it.

Why am I not in the least bit surprised?

Because it's William and it's how he does things. He's one of the few public figures who makes my days just a little bit better with his acts of kindness. They're always genuine and come from the heart, not just from obligation or duty.

Whats this I read earlyer... William going to the Faulklands? *spelling?* Hav'nt heard anything or read anything else about it. Anyone know?

Whats this I read earlyer... William going to the Faulklands? *spelling?* Hav'nt heard anything or read anything else about it. Anyone know?

I want to say it's a rumor, so we're not going to know anything until we hear from Buckingham Palace or Clarence House/St. James Palace. There were some articles about this posted earlier in some threads.

Just wondering is Kate going with him or is she staying in Anglessey?

Just wondering is Kate going with him or is she staying in Anglessey?

That's being discussed in the Married life thread as I brought up that question last night. :flowers: It's a consensus that she will most likely start would, and posters have told me that 6 weeks is too short for Catherine to accompany William. :)

I see two official pictures of william alone, was published for something in special?

Head up y'all the Duke will be on a program speaking about his grandmother HM the Queen
One to watch: The Diamond Queen on BBC1 broadcast 6th Feb. Andrew Marr looks at the life and achievements of Her Majesty The Queen.
The Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry, Earl of Wessex, Princess Royal, Princess Eugenie & President Obama all share their thoughts on HM.
https://twitter.com/#!/RegalEyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom