The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi

Well we have to keep up with the modern times. Princes no longer come to the rescue on a white steed but in a helicopter.
Oh, what a great premise for a modern-day fairy-tale !

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:28 AM
Serene Highness

Wow. Thats really romantic. Oh well what can you do? We have to move with the times right? It still must be incredible to be rescued by the future King of England! I know I wouldnt mind. : )

Old 08-23-2012, 06:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Oh, what a great premise for a modern-day fairy-tale !
Well, this prince already found his princess and the other one, the singleton, is at the moment not fairy tale material....
Old 08-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Majesty

Canadian woman recalls being rescued by the Duke of Cambridge:

CTV News | News Video - Top National News Headlines - News Videos

Old 09-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Aristocracy

Just saw this on twitter. Looks like William is hard at work.

Dan Whiteley ‏@DRWhiteley Helicopter exercise today for @HoylakeRNLI @RNLI lifeboat- Flight Lt. Wales (Prince William) is in command. @ClarenceHouse
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

On Thursday 11th October: Duke of Cambridge attending the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Gala Dinner at St James's Palace.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Majesty

Prince whisks Barbara from mountainside | This is Gloucestershire
Old 10-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Nice to see Lady Sarah and Lady Jane in attendance to pay their respects as well.

--------------

Prince William has said an emotional goodbye to his childhood nanny, Olga Powell, who was at his side through both childhood and the most important days in his adult life.

Mrs Powell, 82, passed away at the end of last month and her funeral was held this morning for family and close friends in Harlow, Essex.

The loving, but strict nanny, is widely credited for having a massive impact on the lives of both Prince William and Prince Harry as they were growing up.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Aristocracy

Everytime I see Prince William or Prince Harry with one or several members of the Spencer family, I get happy.
I think it's because you see them so much with their father's side of the family. When I see them with the Spencers it reminds me of their loving mother and that it's such a nice way to keep Princess Diana in their and our minds and hearts.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Nice to see Lady Sarah and Lady Jane in attendance to pay their respects as well.

--------------

Prince William has said an emotional goodbye to his childhood nanny, Olga Powell, who was at his side through both childhood and the most important days in his adult life.

Mrs Powell, 82, passed away at the end of last month and her funeral was held this morning for family and close friends in Harlow, Essex.

The loving, but strict nanny, is widely credited for having a massive impact on the lives of both Prince William and Prince Harry as they were growing up.
Read more: Prince William bids sad farewell to his childhood nanny as he attends her funeral with Diana's sisters | Mail Online
This is such a kind gesture. I'm sure the family of Mrs. Powell appreciate it.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

--------------
Read more: Prince William bids sad farewell to his childhood nanny as he attends her funeral with Diana's sisters | Mail Online
Very moving and touching. But from the Duke I have learned to expect nothing less.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Very moving and touching. But from the Duke I have learned to expect nothing less.
HRH really is a marvel and I admire his mix of professional with the common touch
Old 10-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
HRH really is a marvel and I admire his mix of professional with the common touch
Dignified, yet down-to-earth.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

This picture about broke my heart.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_2365476b.jpg

He seems to be such a good man and every time I think I understand that - something happens and more complexity is revealed. It is nice to see in a man of his age and generation act as he does.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
This picture about broke my heart.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_2365476b.jpg

He seems to be such a good man and every time I think I understand that - something happens and more complexity is revealed. It is nice to see in a man of his age and generation act as he does.
Leave him alone with his friends and family. NO need for paps!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Leave him alone with his friends and family. NO need for paps!
I did wonder yesterday if the paps would be at the service. The issue of press pics at a memorials is a touchy one and one that varies by country, I have noticed. In the states we have had a couple of recent Supreme Court cases that have addressed the issue and this is one time when our government tends to be very conservative.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I thought it was very touching that the family asked for donations to be made to Sentebale. I can imagine that in a way, losing Nanny Olga is like somewhat losing a family member for William and Harry.

One thing that really struck me reading the article is how much Lady Jane Fellows resembles the late Diana in the first picture. Its almost as if we could see what Diana would look like at that age.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Majesty

Very touching to see William and his family at the funeral. Yes, Lady Jane Fellows also remind me of Diana.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I thought it was very touching that the family asked for donations to be made to Sentebale. I can imagine that in a way, losing Nanny Olga is like somewhat losing a family member for William and Harry.

One thing that really struck me reading the article is how much Lady Jane Fellows resembles the late Diana in the first picture. Its almost as if we could see what Diana would look like at that age.
In a very real way, I am sure that is true.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
In a very real way, I am sure that is true.
Some of the camera stills of HRH are almost 'spooky'. Sooo many of Diana's traits and mannerisms come through in William even in photos. IMO