The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I would be curious to know the distinction between Mr Samual Chatto and Master Arthur Chatto - both being young boys. I always had heard the cut off age was 18... but perhaps it is younger.
I could be wrong, but I wonder if this has anything to do with Arthur being the younger of the two brothers and therefore being called 'Master' to show that particular distinction.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
My mother taught me to use Master up to age 8. I'm not sure if there is an official cutoff age but I'd never go against my mother ;-)
I was taught the same thing csw. I have no idea where my parents got this idea though. They called my son Master Ryan until he was 8 and then it became Mister. My parents are kind of nutty though. My dad still calls me Madame Kazonga. Again, no idea where that came from!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
I was taught the same thing csw. I have no idea where my parents got this idea though. They called my son Master Ryan until he was 8 and then it became Mister. My parents are kind of nutty though. My dad still calls me Madame Kazonga. Again, no idea where that came from!
Madame Kazonga is an AWESOME name!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Duke of Edinburgh's health scare puts Prince William's career as RAF pilot in doubt
Quote:
Just days after celebrating his 30th birthday, has Prince William already made a decision about his future with the RAF? One senior officer tells me they are not hopeful that the Duke of Cambridge will resume his service as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot when his current tour of duty ends next year. ‘He has a tour review date to discuss his next posting pencilled in for the final quarter of the year, but first he has to tell us if he wants to continue. We realise there are other demands and William has this unique, dual role.’
Old 06-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Can't find the full article yet but Wills sent England words of encouragement prior to today's Euro game
Quote:
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor #royal William rallies the lads in build up to England's quarter final today - Aussie's top nag meets thrilled Queen. Read The People today.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Wet Wills | The Sun |News
Old 06-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

My word the papers scrape the bottom of the barrel with articles like that one. I'm sure the whole nation was on tenterhooks waiting to hear how cold William was while being pulled along by a speedboat in the sea off Anglesey. We can all rest easy now we know.

Apparently while bobbing about in the sea William became 'soaked to the skin'. Cutting edge journalism there from the Sun.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Courtier

It also may not be entirely William's decision; I'm sure his employers at the RAF have issues of their own that would need to be discussed. The longer William continues with the forces, the greater the likelihood that his father will become King while he, (William), is employed full time as a pilot. I'm sure William's employers appreciate the unique nature of his other job, but the fact is they have scheduling and staffing concerns and they need to be able to make plans based on the assumption that their pilots will be fully committed for the full length of their terms of service.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
It also may not be entirely William's decision; I'm sure his employers at the RAF have issues of their own that would need to be discussed. The longer William continues with the forces, the greater the likelihood that his father will become King while he, (William), is employed full time as a pilot. I'm sure William's employers appreciate the unique nature of his other job, but the fact is they have scheduling and staffing concerns and they need to be able to make plans based on the assumption that their pilots will be fully committed for the full length of their terms of service.
I think i've got the date right, but the search and rescue part of the Navy and RAF are due to be privatised next year. William will loose his job and therefore have no choice but to 'become a royal'.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought that contract was in douby but I haven't kept track of it.

He is on "secondment" (I don't know the proper term) to the RAF from his army regiment. He has the choice to return to that, although it would probably be a desk job as he won't be allowed to fight.

If SAR is not an option, and there is desk job or royal - think he'd choose royal

UPDATE: was some doubt but now sorted (source Telegraph) all in place by 2016. So technically he could do anpther 3 year stint

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

All in place by 2016 but things are going to start disappearing before then. William would be doing the right thing by stepping up to real royal duties by the end of this year, his grandparents are not getting any younger and he can see this with his own eyes. This health scare is a sign that both Elizabeth and Philip should slow down. We know Elizabeth isn't going to abdicate but I don't want to see either of them pass too quickly and not have chance to see William grow.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree (I was just going to send that message but apparently its too short!) :)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-27-2012, 03:54 AM
Heir Apparent

New engagement for the Duke of Cambridge on July 9th
Prince William will give his dad a tour of RAF Valley - Need to Read - News - Daily Post North Wales
Old 07-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Wonder what happened?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...lo-tycoon.html
Old 07-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
If nothing else, he seems awfully chatty.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Cambridge partners with SkillForce to launch new national community award
Quote:
In a message of support to the charity, The Duke of Cambridge said: “I am immensely proud to put my name to the SkillForce Prince’s Award. It rewards young people who have made an outstanding contribution to their community, encouraging them to go further to nurture their personal, professional or educational development. I would like to personally thank all those who took part in this inaugural phase of the award and I hope many young people will be inspired to take part in the future.”
Old 07-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

While Catherine is away William and the boys go off and play(haha I've always wanted to use that line!)
Photo by allthingsregal • Instagram
Old 07-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Is that from just this weekend? I heard William was working, so is Harry in Anglesey for a playdate?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd be surprised if that's Anglesey. More likely to be Cornwall for surfing. The Palace said that William had a 'prior commitment', obviously a day's surfing with his brother.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The rest here: Ruling the waves, Harry and William: Princes enjoy an afternoon body boarding instead of watching the tennis | Mail Online