Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 3: February - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The decrease of trolls can be attributed the BRF putting everyone on notice if you go too far law enforcement will step in. Anonymity gives them the "protection" of saying whatever; those same people change their tunes if London PD pays a visit.

I guess Canada and the U.S. in particular will have to wait till after the 2020 election for visits by the Sussexes.

If they are going to do a North America tour, it's not necessary for them to go around the US election schedule. Most likely, they won't even meet with the US President as their trips tend to be charity focused. It's a bit different in the Commonwealth countries, and especially countries where HM is head of state. Besides, they were in Australia when the special elections were going on, and I believe there was some kind of election around the time they were in Fiji too.

As a woman I can only say that having swum in shark infested waters for eighteen months, moving to their own home that for all intents and purposes, is brand new and ready to add the finishing touch, a baby to love and cosset in the nursery made just for him/her, if anyone had told me not to get too cosy because we were moving to Africa for three or four years, you my be assured that I would be less than impressed!

OK, let's be real here. I'd rip the messengers arm off and beat him over the head with the bloody stump.

As a woman I can only say that having swum in shark infested waters for eighteen months, moving to their own home that for all intents and purposes, is brand new and ready to add the finishing touch, a baby to love and cosset in the nursery made just for him/her, if anyone had told me not to get too cosy because we were moving to Africa for three or four years, you my be assured that I would be less than impressed!

OK, let's be real here. I'd rip the messengers arm off and beat him over the head with the bloody stump.

You're being too kind here. HA!

What's specific on the Sussex Instagram account, that invites people and tabloids to troll? As far as I can remember, while Meghan and Harry were under KP Instagram, the comment section was filled with trolls, extremely nasty trolls. And these made up articles would be happening with or without Sussex own Instagram. I don't think Dailymail is running out of ideas on how to find fault in Meghan.

As for the individual Instagram accounts, don't all royal households have their individual social media accounts? Why should Sussexes be the exception?

The reason is that some nasty people keep everything that is not just blending in wallpaper too apparent and histrionic. Harry and Meghan can never win really.

To me this style of harassment reminds very much the way alcoholic picks up reasons to drink, everything, just everyting can be and will be turned as a reason to drink, in this case turned to fault for Harry and Meghan.

I'm going to take a wild guess that one of the countries that Harry and Meghan will visit in October will be a trip to The Gambia.

The Gambia just rejoined the Commonwealth of Nations in 2018 after leaving it for five years. It would kind of be like a "welcome back" visit. ?

Exactly my thoughts.

I guess Canada and the U.S. in particular will have to wait till after the 2020 election for visits by the Sussexes.

I am not quite sure when H&M may choose to do an official tour of the US and Canada, but my guess is that the US election cycle is unlikely to impact the timelines. I would be surprised if a trip to the US would include a trip to Washington DC, or even if it did, to meet the President.

One place we can pretty much count on Harry and Meghan going in 2020 will be the Netherlands. Invictus Games 2020 are being held there in the Hague. I don't see Harry (or Meghan) wanting to miss this event.

One place we can pretty much count on Harry and Meghan going in 2020 will be the Netherlands. Invictus Games 2020 are being held there in the Hague. I don't see Harry (or Meghan) wanting to miss this event.

Look forward to that. Hope Queen Max joins them for some of the Invictus Games.

Right regarding the U.S. election cycle not being a factor in whether or not the Sussexes will be soon scheduling a trip to the U.S. They could visit California, Chicago, Texas or New York. They don't have to visit D.C. Kate and William made an informal visit to California early in their marriage.

But I still say I don't see M&H making an official or an informal trip together to the U.S. in 2020. :D Of course I could be wrong. Plus I'm sure Meghan will make private visits to see her mother and her friends. I just think the U.S. is not the Sussexes first choice in 2020. They may have Canada in their sights though in 2020, particularly since Toronto was Meghan's home for over six years.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing we have to remember too when speculating on overseas tours for Harry and Meghan is that its not up to Harry and Meghan, themselves, to pick and choose where they go and when. First off, they need to be invited by the host country and its all arranged through the Foreign and Commonwealth Office with the Queen's assent.

I would think that any trip to the USA or to Canada would be as official representatives of HM, The Queen.

Right regarding the U.S. election cycle not being a factor in whether or not the Sussexes will be soon scheduling a trip to the U.S. They could visit California, Chicago, Texas or New York. They don't have to visit D.C. Kate and William made an informal visit to California early in their marriage.

But I still say I don't see M&H making an official or an informal trip together to the U.S. in 2020. :D Of course I could be wrong. Plus I'm sure Meghan will make private visits to see her mother and her friends. I just think the U.S. is not the Sussexes first choice in 2020. They may have Canada in their sights though in 2020, particularly since Toronto was Meghan's home for over six years.
I agree that it won't be a US tour. It's likely more of a Canada tour with US added on whenever they do a North America tour.

One thing we have to remember too when speculating on overseas tours for Harry and Meghan is that its not up to Harry and Meghan, themselves, to pick and choose where they go and when. First off, they need to be invited by the host country and its all arranged through the Foreign and Commonwealth Office with the Queen's assent.

I would think that any trip to the USA or to Canada would be as official representatives of HM, The Queen.

Very well said. They travel as representatives of the monarch, and the trips are at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

They may have Canada in their sights though in 2020, particularly since Toronto was Meghan's home for over six years.

They are obviously free to make as many private visits to Canada as they want, but it will only be when the Queen wants them to travel to Canada on an official trip, will they.

Please note that several posts have been edited or deleted - let's not speculate on future pregnancies for the Duchess of Sussex, she is yet to give birth to her first child!

The Duke of Sussex has always spoken about wanting to live a normal life. 'Normal' has always been his key word. I think that is part of why Harry has found Meghan so appealing. Together, I believe the Sussexes will continue to preserve their privacy as much as possible.

Last edited:
He isn't normal and he married an actress and that is not strictly 'normal' either. That he would want a stable, low key personal life I get. And this I feel she gives him but they are not normal by anyone's definition.

He isn't normal and he married an actress and that is not strictly 'normal' either. That he would want a stable, low key personal life I get. And this I feel she gives him but they are not normal by anyone's definition.

I am sure he wants his child(ren) life to be as normal as Princess Anne's children. The 'normal he yearns for is probably the stiffness of court as he seems quite informal and is not about the frills.Megham has given the confidence to be his own man.

They are normal people. Just born and married in a different circumstance.

They are normal people. Just born and married in a different circumstance.

Depends on definition of normal. Normal,as in human needs, wants, emotions. Yes. Normal as in life experience and perception. No.

Their “roles” might not be normal. But they are normal people with their own lives.

Sadly I would have to disagree. They are living in Frogmore Estate which is a private estate within Windsor estate which is within Windsor Park. That is serious "all on my own" territory. They seriously don't want anyone around.

"The focus today will rightly be on some lovely royal baby pictures but later Harry and Meghan may have to reflect on how they are alienating many of the British taxpayers who help to pay for them. I’ve written a short analysis piece in today’s Daily Express."

Via Richard Palmer Twitter

"The focus today will rightly be on some lovely royal baby pictures but later Harry and Meghan may have to reflect on how they are alienating many of the British taxpayers who help to pay for them. I’ve written a short analysis piece in today’s Daily Express."

Via Richard Palmer Twitter

British taxpayers or British tabloids? There is a difference. Because it was very clear when the April announcement came. The media threw a fit about how the public is being snubbed. The public was very clear that they are with Meghan and Harry.

Birth of xxx, Earl of Dumbarton: May 6, 2019

I also thought the British taxpayer doesn’t pay a thing. It’s the crown estates or Charles estates that pay for everything.

@Fem This has been addressed with Zembra. It is frustrating to see everything the Sussexes do be scrutinised. Also why the heck are people talking about her estranged family and getting quotes from these losers? The Sussexes don't give a toss about them.

Reactions: Fem
British taxpayers or British tabloids? There is a difference. Because it was very clear when the April announcement came. The media threw a fit about how the public is being snubbed. The public was very clear that they are with Meghan and Harry.
Honestly? Probably a little bit of both. (Okay, maybe a little bit of a lot when it comes to the press :lol:)

There'll always be a group of people not happy with seeing Harry and Meghan doing things their own way, when it goes against how the things were done in the past. It might rub some people the wrong way. Hell, there are some decision they've made over the past year and a half that I'm looking at and asking myself "but why".

They are doing things their own way, staying true to themselves and that's what's important. So what if some people won't be pleased with their ways? The monarchy will not end because of that. I really respect you and your post, and I'm not really in the business of telling people what should they feel, but you seem very angry and it's just storm in a teacup. It'll pass :flowers:

I also thought the British taxpayer doesn’t pay a thing. It’s the crown estates or Charles estates that pay for everything.
We're paying for security. And not much else, if I'm correct.

But it's not about the money - the monarchy's income for the overall British economy is much bigger than the costs - it's just a tool used to get people, who are less informed, interested in this situation.

It's a very symbiotic relationship the BRF has with the public - and don't get me wrong, the BRF still needs people's support to continue working in the way they are. It would take a lot for the society to turn back on them, but it's not impossible.

Honestly? Probably a little bit of both. (Okay, maybe a little bit of a lot when it comes to the press :lol:)

There'll always be a group of people not happy with seeing Harry and Meghan doing things their own way, when it goes against how the things were done in the past. It might rub some people the wrong way. Hell, there are some decision they've made over the past year and a half that I'm looking at and asking myself "but why".

They are doing things their own way, staying true to themselves and that's what's important. So what if some people won't be pleased with their ways? The monarchy will not end because of that. I really respect you and your post, and I'm not really in the business of telling people what should they feel, but you seem very angry and it's just storm in a teacup. It'll pass :flowers:
With all of that's been said, I'm the angry one? Ok :lol: I'm not the one saying anyone snubbed me left and right. I just like facts.

Look, like most decisions, it's not going to please everyone. Hell, not everyone wants the monarchy in UK from my understanding. However, if we are going to talk about the public in general, I think an official poll showing an overwhelming majority (75%) support versus a small minority (12 or 13%) dissent with about the same minority not having any opinion tells a lot more than what an RR thinks without any official data. And of course, if any journalist felt like they've been snubbed, that's fine, they are free to say they personally feel snubbed by the couple. But the anger on behalf of a non-angry public?:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom