Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 3: February - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry is quite the photographer.

The Duke of Sussex is stated as the Copyrighted photographer for the following 9 photos after the initial one.

P.S. Yes, he seems to be a gifted wildlife photographer

Huh? Literally says Harry took the pictures listed in that post.

I only see the one photo of Harry & Meghan, that he obviously didn't take--I didn't know there were more included.

Omid Scobie tweeted a link on Twitter today to his most recent article in Harper's Bazaar. Omid reveals that the Cambridges visited with the Sussexes at Frogmore Cottage after Easter Sunday church services, in part to see how Meghan was doing since she didn't make the church service. And also to greet them in their new home. H&M have been welcoming a number of close friends and family since their move to Windsor. They are said to be very settled in and enjoying nesting time, with Doria:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...am-visit-meghan-markle-prince-harry-frogmore/

“Said a friend, 'It’s truly a lovely home and they have done such a great job with the space. So much light and positive energy. I couldn’t think of a better place to start a family.'”

I've read recently that Omid knew Meghan before Harry, via Omid's connection with Markus Anderson. So maybe the 'friend' is Markus, or perhaps even Meghan's hairdesser, Daniel Martin, who is said to be staying in England until May 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omid Scobie tweeted a link on Twitter today to his most recent article in Harper's Bazaar. Omid reveals that the Cambridges visited with the Sussexes at Frogmore Cottage after Easter Sunday church services, in part to see how Meghan was doing since she didn't make the church service. And also to greet them in their new home. H&M have been welcoming a number of close friends and family since their move to Windsor. They are said to be very settled in and enjoying nesting time, with Doria:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...am-visit-meghan-markle-prince-harry-frogmore/

“Said a friend, 'It’s truly a lovely home and they have done such a great job with the space. So much light and positive energy. I couldn’t think of a better place to start a family.'”

I've read recently that Omid knew Meghan before Harry, via Omid's connection with Markus Anderson. So maybe the 'friend' is Markus, or perhaps even Meghan's hairdesser, Daniel Martin, who is said to be staying in England until May 5.

I’ve not heard anything about Meghan knowing Omid. Didn’t someone post some kind of rumor about him having interviewed her before a few days ago? I still haven’t seen that receipt. There is all kinds of rumors some detractors have come up because Omid isn’t joining on some of the ridiculous narrative regarding Meghan, I’d have serious doubts unless there is verifiable evidence. what we do know is that Meghan’s professional connection before Harry is very much out there. So if we can’t find anything, use common sense.

And honestly given how close Markus is to Meghan, I’ve never seen any evidence of him remotely making himself more available to media due to Meghan. And doubt he’ll start with their new home. Why is it that the media have to stretch so far to get any rumors of someone visiting Sussexes’ new home, and yet mere days after the Cambridges supposedly visit, Mirror and multiple outlets all have the story with details like who set it up? GMAB

So, Omid reports that Cambridges had a nice visit over Easter with Sussexes. I only know of him through what people have said here so don't know his style to judge but if true, that one went a bit under the radar. Maybe because it doesn't fit the 'big fight' narrative?? I saw one reporter tweeting his complaint that no-one would talk about the 'big fight'. Maaaybe that's because there wasn't any fight at all and it's all tabloid junk bird cage liner from start to finish to try and provoke a response. Any response at all. So much codswallop as far as I'm concerned.

I saw the story of the Cambridges visiting Meghan and Harry on Easter Sunday. I read the Twitter response to Omid's tweet and it has been brutal. No one believes the visit. Those stories over the weekend were wrecking balls to perceptions and reputations.

Is Omid the type to run something utterly untrue? I get the impression he's more professional than that but that's just it, my impression. I think I'm a bit off topic with that in the baby thread at any rate.

So, Omid reports that Cambridges had a nice visit over Easter with Sussexes. I only know of him through what people have said here so don't know his style to judge but if true, that one went a bit under the radar. Maybe because it doesn't fit the 'big fight' narrative?? I saw one reporter tweeting his complaint that no-one would talk about the 'big fight'. Maaaybe that's because there wasn't any fight at all and it's all tabloid junk bird cage liner from start to finish to try and provoke a response. Any response at all. So much codswallop as far as I'm concerned.

I have the same opinion.

Of course the "fight" was just tabloid tv and print journalism from the DM, fox news, Enquirer and such sensational sources. They have to whip up a story to keep interest. They really love "cat fights", two women fighting. They usually pick Kate, Camilla or Megan against the Queen!

Of course the "fight" was just tabloid tv and print journalism from the DM, fox news, Enquirer and such sensational sources. They have to whip up a story to keep interest. They really love "cat fights", two women fighting. They usually pick Kate, Camilla or Megan against the Queen!

The narrative changed a long time ago--it has been William and Harry who are Feuding, not their wives.

I think it is all a greatly exaggerated tale based on some small fragment of truth that was embellished and melded with other stories without truth.

You’ll never read a story about Tim Laurence and Prince Edward quarreling. If you do, wake me when it’s over.

That's very true. Pretty funny too! They never run stories about any of the women having fights with Anne either. Probably because everyone knows there's only one way that would end!

It was good to see Harry and Kate together at the Anzac service. William would have been there too had it not been for the Christchurch killings. Harry is looking happy and I can only imagine how excited he must be. I wonder how long he will have off after the birth. I hope he will take a month at least. It would be good to see him take paternity leave.

I’ve not heard anything about Meghan knowing Omid. Didn’t someone post some kind of rumor about him having interviewed her before a few days ago? I still haven’t seen that receipt. There is all kinds of rumors some detractors have come up because Omid isn’t joining on some of the ridiculous narrative regarding Meghan, I’d have serious doubts unless there is verifiable evidence...

Why serious doubts? I actually read an old article in which Omid had spoken to Meghan about her career, well before she began dating Prince Harry. It was some months ago that I read it, and I can't locate it now, because there's so much junk on the Internet about Meghan and Harry, it's difficult to find the true gems. If I come across it again, I'll post it. If not, it makes no difference whether anyone believes it to be true or false.

I'm not sure what you are referencing regarding 'detractors' coming up with 'ridiculous narratives.' I've seen a number of references online where it's mentioned in a straightforward way, and not in a derogatory way, that Omid knows Markus Anderson. I doubt that it's out of the realm of possibility, since Markus knows a great many people involved in arts, fashion, food, design, entertainment, sports, politics, journalism, philanthropy, and aristocratic/ royal social circles.

In addition, IMO Omid is professional, above-board and generally very believable and candid in his reporting. It makes no difference who his friends or his sources are, in connection with how he conducts himself and approaches his reporting in a fair-minded fashion. At the same time, I doubt that he's against sometimes giving stories a bit of positive spin.

And honestly given how close Markus is to Meghan, I’ve never seen any evidence of him remotely making himself more available to media due to Meghan. And doubt he’ll start with their new home.

Markus is very private, discreet and under-the-radar. That's why he has so many VIP friends. Of course, it will never be made public that Markus could be a source for providing info the Sussexes and/or other royals may wish to be released to the media. In any case, it doesn't have to be Markus. The Sussexes have a close-knit set of friends, any one of which appear to be more than willing to anonymously intercede with the media on their behalf, when/if asked to do so.

Why is it that the media have to stretch so far to get any rumors of someone visiting Sussexes’ new home, and yet mere days after the Cambridges supposedly visit, Mirror and multiple outlets all have the story with details like who set it up? GMAB

I've only read Omid's account, which he also reported on Good Morning America earlier today. Omid didn't offer any details about who set the visit up. Why would the Cambridges' visit need to be 'set up' by intermediaries in the first place? The fact that this report about the visit came out is clearly because the royals wished for it to come out in order to counteract negative rumors about the status of their personal interactions. Ditto for the photo-op of Kate and Harry celebrating Anzac Day together.

The Cambridge visit to Frogmore and the release to the media is surely partly about p.r., and likely also about the foursome repairing any actual strains in their inter-familial relationships. It has often been noted that royal courtiers either cause or add to rumored tensions among certain royals. So, it's a good thing if the couples spent some private time together away from staff and out of sight of the prying eyes of the public.

Last edited:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Harry-didnt-tell-wildlife-photos-Malawi.html

Prince Harry posted a spectacular wildlife album on his official Instagram page to mark this year's Earth Day. But the rhino, elephant and lion shown in Harry's photographs had in fact all been tranquilised.
The elephant had also been tethered, as a picture taken of the same scene from a different angle shows.

I would imagine that anything that has been done to any of those animals was in the best interest and for the welfare of of the animal themselves. ?

I would imagine that anything that has been done to any of those animals was in the best interest and for the welfare of of the animal themselves. ?

How else can it be spun? :flowers:

How else can it be spun? :flowers:

Um...try relocating/tracking a wild animal without first tranquillising or tethering it and tell me how that works. I mean it's common sense. How else do people think he got that up close with a lion with it's eyes open where Harry's reflection is shining back.

People just need to be outraged, and here we are again.

Idris Elba and Sabrina Dhowre were just married and apparently Harry and Meghan sent them a wedding gift

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...receives-7-000-wedding-gift-Harry-Meghan.html

The Elbas may be more acquantied with the Sussexes than let on. He won't spill pots of tea on the royal couple as one TV show try to pump him for information. I wonder if the Elbas will be invited to the christening?

I am such an analytical person that I don't get art. However, I'm sure the gift was purchased and received with consideration.

Regarding the Christening, I can't see it. It's more for family and really close friends (friends you would consider family). I'm not really expecting too many people at the Christening either.

Madame Verseau said:
... The Elbas may be more acquantied with the Sussexes than let on. He won't spill pots of tea on the royal couple as one TV show try to pump him for information. I wonder if the Elbas will be invited to the christening?

:previous: Invited to the christening? Surely not! Only godparents will be the non-family members in attendance. I doubt that Harry was fast friends with Elba and his beau prior to the royal wedding. At the time of the wedding, I'd heard that Elba was fairly acquainted with Prince Charles, since Elba had benefited from youth initiatives provided by the Prince's Trust (but that he only knew Harry slightly, in passing). Elba's acting success and his connection with being aided by the Prince's Trust is seemingly one reason why he was on the guest list with his plus one (Canadian model, Sabrina Dhowre, a former Miss Vancouver).

I've already seen the DM article you posted, because I was enticed to the site (a rare exception) due to a Markle-related cluster-bust story.

M&H's wedding gift to Elba & bride must be related to conversations the couples may have had at informal gatherings post-royal wedding, otherwise it's pretty obscure. I've never heard of the artists. And the painting to my eyes and sensibilities doesn't seem worth the amount reportedly paid. But who knows, re the art world. Perhaps Harry and Meghan struck up a cordial friendship with Elba and Dhowre at last year's royal wedding festivities [ETA: Elba served as dj at the after-party; thanks to alvinking for the recent video where Elba describes how he was asked to do the honors by Harry].

In any case, let's be honest that a lot of world famous celebs are lining up, eager to become acquainted with the Sussexes and possibly eventually cop an invite to dinner at Frogmore Cottage, just as M&H's royal wedding guest list invite was the hottest ticket in the world last May. [ETA: there was never any intention on my part of grouping Elba in this category, since he obviously already knew Harry].

Gayle King attending Meghan's baby shower in NYC was rather eye-opening, since King didn't know Meghan from Adam during the years Meghan was working on Suits in Toronto. King apparently must have gotten into the evening after-party on the hem-tails of her BFF status with Oprah, and since then both King and Oprah have apparently continued to make the most of having cemented some kind of relationship with Meghan & Harry (with Oprah having capitalized on a church-related connection to Meghan's Mom, Doria, in LA). I can imagine it's rather surreal being courted by Oprah Winfrey after your daughter becomes engaged to a Prince of England.

After all Meghan's years of being a face in the crowd at Hollywood auditions and struggling to land bit parts in movies and middling to major roles in television pilots that might or might not be picked up, it must have been such a life-changing switcheroo after her Suits success and meeting Harry, for Meghan to suddenly experience famous people jockeying and/or putting out feelers to get to know her. Also, I'm reminded of all the cold-calls Meghan made to celebrities to contribute features on her Tig blog, and now the tables have turned.

Meghan and Doria must be fairly flattered by someone like Oprah's advances, which both Meghan and Harry clearly have welcomed. I suppose like 'birds of a feather,' the most astute wealthy & famous people who find common ground, tend to flock together. But surely some of these friendly connections are polite and tangential, or solely professional and philanthropic-oriented, rather than of the intimate BFF quality.

Last edited:
Um...try relocating/tracking a wild animal without first tranquillising or tethering it and tell me how that works. I mean it's common sense. How else do people think he got that up close with a lion with it's eyes open where Harry's reflection is shining back.

People just need to be outraged, and here we are again.

Personally, if there's anything that people should be outraged about is contained in the message that was posted along with the pictures. Noticed that one of the biggies endangering these animals and the ecosystem is not tranquilizing an animal or tethering an elephant but rather the fact that one of the biggest threats these animals (and us humans) face is the overabundance of plastic.

To protect our environment, many movers and shakers and deep pockets are joining in to raise awareness of this problem including Princess Eugenie (she had a plastic free wedding) and Sir Richard Branson. I've posted an informative article about Branson's work exploring The Great Blue Hole in Belize which he and his crew were the first to go to the actual floor and guess what they found there? A plastic bottle. The article is in the British Nobility thread.

I love the quality of the photographs posted on the Sussex Instagram. Very, very well done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom