Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 3: February - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"evolvingdoors", you stated that "Again it's a basic common courtesy of showing family members that while you may not be in touch you can still care for them." That is the point. Just because they might have the same blood line, you just might not care for them at all. The thought of them at your special day might just ruin it for you. So in my eyes, if you invite someone "just because" they are related through absolutely no fault of your own and you have absolutely no feelings for them, you are a hypocrite. It is the bride and groom's day. Along with the person paying the bill, they have the only say.

We don’t know, but I have to ask what sort of info do people think they would have sold from a ceremony that was already broadcasted on TV?
She could have simply invited them to the ceremony but not the dinner party.

As someone said: the common thing among all this fall outs is Meghan. While some members may be problematic, it is just too much of a odd case all of them are!

And you know what? I do believe many of her fans claim she has millions to her name, Certainly she had enough to live comfortably and be able to travel back and forth from Canada to the UK.. so yea in her place I would offer to at least cover the hotel room for my family, maybe even the plane ticket.
She had people she never met before the wedding, probably never saw again. Harry had relatives and people on his side whom he barely has any contact with- hack he had two ex girlfriend (at least!).

I can understand losing contact if you’re a career driven person (which is something Meghan and myself have in common) but I would still never think not to invite my family to my wedding. At least invite! Again it’s a basic common courtesy of showing family members that while you may not be in touch you still care for them.

If this marriage ever ends, she will find out very quickly how important family is, because the royals will shut the door in her face and turn their backs on her faster than she can say “long live the queen/king”

Meghan pretty much told us that her family consists of her mother, father and friends. She’s going through a down period with her father, but that’s pretty much it when it comes down to her side of the family.

Y’all acting like y’all don’t know how it is with family. Sometimes it’s best to keep the peace by distancing yourself from some family members. Don’t send them birthday cards, Christmas cards and don’t invite them to your wedding because then some family members will know where you live and that you’re still alive. That’s how the cookie crumbles.

Meghan pretty much told us that her family consists of her mother, father and friends. She’s going through a down period with her father, but that’s pretty much it when it comes down to her side of the family.

Y’all acting like y’all don’t know how it is with family. Sometimes it’s best to keep the peace by distancing yourself from some family members. Don’t send them birthday cards, Christmas cards and don’t invite them to your wedding because then some family members will know where you live and that you’re still alive. That’s how the cookie crumbles.

All of this. ???

I really feel for Meghan regarding the unfortunate situation with her father —- all due to Samantha’s jealousy (JMHO). Having said that —- it is curious that Meghan’s circle of friends is from her Hollywood set. I just find it strange that she hasn’t (at least it appears to be) any friends from high school or college. JMHO

There is some family she has had contact with over the past few years. And who held their tongue. Ashleigh (said to be inspiration to her character) and her brother Christopher have proven not all Markles are loose lipped. She also has a younger Uncle, her mother's half brother, who never spoke out.

I remember hearing some suggestion a few were there in fact. They just sat among the general guests, so not to get identified. Its quite possible and actually believable.

Her true family, those who were not loose lipped, would not have expected her to pick up the tab for their clothes and tickets and such. Not everyone had to be in designer clothes.

Exactly.

Here’s another reason I can see Meghan not inviting certain relatives- the real possibility of an argument breaking out at the wedding or reception between various family members. We know many of them don’t get along with each other. Who needs that stress.

We know just their own mouths that many of her relatives are not only estranged from her but from each other. The Markles don't need to be explained but lets not forget that this maternal half uncle admitted that their family lost touch after the matriarch died. He fully admitted he hasn't talked to Doria in years and had no real relationship with Meghan.

So both sides of her family are all distance with each other. Why is it on Meghan to fix these families? None of them bothered before she was a Duchess. She was on a TV show and they didn't care but now they do? This uncle talking about making scrapebooks of her current life. Again where was all this energy before? It is all so weird.

I really feel for Meghan regarding the unfortunate situation with her father —- all due to Samantha’s jealousy (JMHO). Having said that —- it is curious that Meghan’s circle of friends is from her Hollywood set. I just find it strange that she hasn’t (at least it appears to be) any friends from high school or college. JMHO

This is also extremely false. Three of her closest friends are from pre fame. Genevieve (who hosted her baby shower) is her sorority sister (lives in Chicago), Lindsay was her college roommate (lives in NY and London), and Benita is her friend from LA she met post college when she moved back home. Meghan is also the godmother of her kids. Lucy is also a close friend from London. Not to mention Janina and Abigail might be actresses but she met them both BEFORE they all achieved their success. Also Heather. She owns yoga studios and lives in Texas.

This weird narrative that Meghan has no non celebrity friends is truly bizarre. She had a successful acting career. She has friends in her industry. That is to be expected but she has a close crew who have been around for a long time. And it says a lot that so many of her friends from different times in her life have also become close friends themselves. They are a tight bunch and the family she made for herself.

Just because you only know the famous ones (because that is who the the press fixate on) doesn't mean others don't exist. Unless you really want to know these people are just living their normal lives minding their business.

Last edited:

Yes, she does. Off the top of my head, and I can’t remember her name, but one of her closest friends from college was at the wedding and baby shower. In fact, I think she helped throw the baby shower.

Yes, she does. Off the top of my head, and I can’t remember her name, but one of her closest friends from college was at the wedding and baby shower. In fact, I think she helped throw the baby shower.
Correct - I don't remember the name, but it was mentioned on either the OnHeir or Royally Obsessed podcasts

Meghan has several friends she's known for years, Lyndsay Roth who met Meghan in her freshman year at NW is one, and she was at the wedding.

Lindsay Roth-college friend from Northwestern.

Meghan is in her late 30s. Why would she have tons of friends from high school and college? I didn’t at that age. I had moved on with my life, drifted away from most of the people I knew during those years. I had little in common with them anymore.

Last edited:
I have exactly ONE friend I'm still in contact with from high school. ONE. People move, change etc.

LaRae

I’m sure she have a few friends from school. It’s just the attention is on her more famous friends. She have friends that’s not really known.

I have exactly ONE friend I'm still in contact with from high school. ONE. People move, change etc.

LaRae
Same. The friend I've known the longest is one I met aged 19.

You have a flaw in your assessment -- Meghan wasn't close to these people pre Harry. So why would she worry about them IF this marriage ended? Most these people admit she has not seen them in nearly 20 years.

Yes the common denominator is Meghan because she is the person they are all trying to cling to. Where were these people 5 years ago? Distant relatives coming out the woodwork is very common when someone gets something others want a piece of.

People should be mindful of comparing their family dynamics to others. It is great you would invite everyone under the sun. I would not. Meghan has not and honestly from what we have seen she made the right choice. We don't know these people. How can anyone tell someone how to deal with their family members?

And she is suppose to pay their expenses? That is a joke.

I agree. Unless all these family members were either present at her first marriage; or all up in arms that they weren't invited to that one; the only reason they wanted to attend her wedding this time is that Meghan was marrying a British prince. Had she married her unknown next door neighbor, they most likely would not have been interested at all to attend a wedding; and might even have complained about the cost of attending such a wedding of a family member they never saw. Why would she even think that they would be interested in attending...

Same. The friend I've known the longest is one I met aged 19.

Mine goes back to age 14 ...just a few years more! In my real world circle of friends (also small) they are about the same situation with their friends from school days..maybe still in contact with one or two.

LaRae

That's a false narrative from the press. She has a close group of around 10 female friends. In fact of these 10 -12 women, only 2 I would call "hollywood".

Group 1 (20+ years and they were the main ones surrounding her mother in the quire)
1. Genevieve, best friend of over 20 years. She's the one who threw the baby shower in NYC for Meghan, and she also sat behind Meghan's mom at the wedding.
2. Benitta Litt (same as Genevieve). Went to Northwestern together and her twin girls were bridesmaids at the wedding. Sat next to Megs mom at the wedding.
3. Lindsay Roth (same as Gen and Benitta). Sat next to Genevieve and her husband.

Group 2 (5-15 years)
4. Heather Dorak
5. Jessica Mulroney (in the entertainment industry, but definitely NOT hollywood)
6. Abigail Spencer (Actress)
7. Misha Noono
8. Serena Williams
9. Marcus Anderson

Group 3 (don't know how long they've known each other )
10. Priyanka Chopra (actress)

There are two others, but I don't know their names. One was wearing that GORGEOUS orange dress with fringe at the wedding (actress).

I agree. Unless all these family members were either present at her first marriage; or all up in arms that they weren't invited to that one; the only reason they wanted to attend her wedding this time is that Meghan was marrying a British prince. Had she married her unknown next door neighbor, they most likely would not have been interested at all to attend a wedding; and might even have complained about the cost of attending such a wedding of a family member they never saw. Why would she even think that they would be interested in attending...

Precisely my point. They weren't there at the first one, but all of sudden they need to be invited to the second one. Give me a break with their false outrage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to the people in this thread who are providing facts. It's very helpful when reading gossip, rumours & conjecture to see the real situation spelled out with evidence. :flowers:

Correct - I don't remember the name, but it was mentioned on either the OnHeir or Royally Obsessed podcasts

Genevieve Hillis. She sat behind Meghan’s mom. Lindsay Jill Roth is also from Northwestern days. In fact, those sat the closest to the alter aren’t in Hollywood. Ben and Jessica work in the industry, but they are in Toronto.

There are two others, but I don't know their names. One was wearing that GORGEOUS orange dress with fringe at the wedding (actress).

Janina Gavankar. They’ve been friends for about 15 years. Same story as Abby. While both work in the industry, they’ve been friends since before both reached much success. I believe Meghan and met both Abby and Janina at auditions.

Meghan actually has a decent number of long term friends given the geographical locations. People tend to have more friends from childhood if most didn’t move else where. They tend to have more college friends if they all live nearby the same area. Once people move far away, the number tend to decrease. I moved about a 3 hour drive away three years ago, I’ve got about two or three friends that I keep regularly in touch with from there now. People have busy lives and they move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Janina Gavankar. They’ve been friends for about 15 years. Same story as Abby. While both work in the industry, they’ve been friends since before both reached much success. I believe Meghan and met both Abby and Janina at auditions.

Meghan actually has a decent number of long term friends given the geographical locations. People tend to have more friends from childhood if most didn’t move else where. They tend to have more college friends if they all live nearby the same area. Once people move far away, the number tend to decrease. I moved about a 3 hour drive away three years ago, I’ve got about two or three friends that I keep regularly in touch with from there now. People have busy lives and they move on.

Thanks Jacqui. Yes, Janina.

Meghan does have a healthy set of close friends that she has known for 10-20 years, and at her age (37), 17-28 years old is when you develop your friend set.

I'm 35, I have one friend from high school who I met when I was 15 (best friend who is now living Tokyo while I'm in NYC and we both went to high school in Florida). Many of my fiends today are people who I met after leaving high school at 17 (college, post grad, work, etc).

Coming from someone who is her age, its not odd that she isn't still besties with people she knew in high school. Or in contact with a huge amount of college friends. Besides maybe social media and the odd contact. We're talking decades. Adult friends are no less important.

That said she has 2 friends from her college days who are still constants in her life:

-Genevieve Hillis was her sorority sister at North Western. She was at the wedding and was one of the 2 hosts (with Serena) of the baby shower.

-Jill Roth- met in English class at North western. Meghan was her maid of honor

Adult friends:

-Benita Litt: Meghan is godmother to her 8 and 7 year old daughters (her bridesmaids). I doubt she was godmother right after she met, would think they likely have known each other 9-10 years at least
-Markus Anderson: they have been friends since 2012 (6 years pre-wedding)
-Heather Dorak: LA friend and pilates instructor, 10+ years
-Janina Gavanker: yes a celebrity, but known Meghan for 15 years at the time of the wedding
-Jessica Mulroney: 2011 or so, when moved to Toronto. Helped Harry and Meghan keep dating secret

Even her more famous friends she has known for some years. Certainly pre-Harry. They aren't 'ditching friends for celebrities when she met a Prince'.

Last edited:
Coming from someone who is her age, its not odd that she isn't still besties with people she knew in high school. Or in contact with a huge amount of college friends. Besides maybe social media and the odd contact. We're talking decades. Adult friends are no less important.

That said she has 2 friends from her college days who are still constants in her life:

-Genevieve Hillis was her sorority sister at North Western. She was at the wedding and was one of the 2 hosts (with Serena) of the baby shower.

-Jill Roth- met in English class at North western. Meghan was her maid of honor

Adult friends:

-Benita Litt: Meghan is godmother to her 8 and 7 year old daughters (her bridesmaids). I doubt she was godmother right after she met, would think they likely have known each other 9-10 years at least
-Markus Anderson: they have been friends since 2012 (6 years pre-wedding)
-Heather Dorak: LA friend and pilates instructor, pre-dates Suits

Even her more famous friends she has known for some years. Certainly pre-Harry. They aren't 'ditching friends for celebrities when she met a Prince'.

Yep...I did a break down earlier today in this thread. I thought Benitta was also from NorthWestern.

Yep...I did a break down earlier today in this thread. I thought Benitta was also from NorthWestern.

I just went back and saw your post. I have seen no sign that Benita went to NW with Meghan and the other 2. I may have missed it :sad:

Just a note Rylan and Remi are not twins. They are a year apart.

I was wondering why this uncle has all this photo's of Baby Meghan; then I realised he is granny Jeanette's son. That's where he got the photo's, from his late mother's album.
:bang:

Yes.... Heather own Pilates studies, no yoga. Thanks for that correction and they have known each other for well over a decade. I remember Meghan and her had an anniversary dinner on her IG celebrating that milestone and this was pre her ex Corey, IIRC.

There was a picture of Meghan, Heather, Lindsey, and the ex friend Ninaki floating around which was to show how three era's of Meghan's life came together for her big day (childhood BFF, college BFF, and post college BFF). None of them famous, including Meghan at the time.

It is also interesting how Ninaki not only stopped being friends with Meghan but no longer was friends with any of them because she sided with the ex. People grow apart and you meet knew people due to life changes.

It is all very normal.

I just went back and saw your post. I have seen no sign that Benita went to NW with Meghan and the other 2. I may have missed it :sad:

Just a note Rylan and Remi are not twins. They are a year apart.

I used to follow her instagram and The Tig website while she was on Suits, but you may be correct. I know there were 2 or 3 from NW, but Benitta may be the one she met in LA after college. So it was Genevieve, Lindsay and someone else I'm missing.

GAH...yes, they are not twins. Thank you!

Meghan meet Benita after she moved back home from college. I don't think Benita went to NU. She was an entertainment lawyer and I think that is how they crossed paths very early in her career via her ex husband.

Genevieve and Lindsey are the most visible of the Northwestern friends but there could be others. Most people didn't even know Genevieve existed until Gayle King named her on CBS Today. Though many of her followers were well aware of her. Again the press only cares about the celebrities but those aren't the core makeup of her group.

Fun fact: Meghan, Lindsay, Genevieve, and Benita were the founders of The Tig. It was Meghan's "baby" but if you go back and really look you would see how involved those other ladies were helping her launch it. And her other friends contributed in others ways as well. They have always been there for Meghan.

Meghan meet Benita after she moved back home from college. I don't think Benita went to NU. She was an entertainment lawyer and I think that is how they crossed paths very early in her career via her ex husband.

Genevieve and Lindsey are the most visible of the Northwestern friends but there could be others. Most people didn't even know Genevieve existed until Gayle King named her on CBS Today. Though many of her followers were well aware of her. Again the press only cares about the celebrities but those aren't the core makeup of her group.

Fun fact: Meghan, Lindsay, Genevieve, and Benita were the founders of The Tig. It was Meghan's "baby" but if you go back and really look you would see how involved those other ladies were helping her launch it. And her other friends contributed in others ways as well. They have always been there for Meghan.

Yeah, that's how I know about Genevieve, Lindsay and Benitta. There are many who like to say no one knew who Meghan was before Harry, but there were a few million of us who were following her since her inception on Suits.

I know The Tig is archived, but I so miss that site.

I'm going to throw a bit of a twist into "family" being invited to a wedding here.

I married for the first time at 20 years old. My mother and father threw the wedding and reception and relatives from both sides, aunts, uncles and cousins by the dozens were invited. The same for the groom's side. This marriage ended after 20 years.

Now, lets say for my second wedding I was marrying someone as high profile as Harry is. The dynamics have changed in the family and most likely it would have been me and the groom creating the list of invites with the Queen and Charles having an input. Once the engagement was announced, there were quite a few people delving into her personal family tree and we've got some of that information in threads here. Its very possible that "family" who shared DNA with me would have come out of the woodwork. I wouldn't know any of them to classify them as "family" in my eyes. See, I was adopted at three weeks old and have no blood relation to anyone I called my family.

To me, family is someone that you're close to. We adopt family members over the years that we're the closest to. My kids have "other mothers" and "aunts" and "uncles" because they're close to these people. Although I know I have a birth mother somewhere and I silently thank her for allowing me to have the family I grew up with, I would never consider her my mom. If anyone came forward claiming a DNA relationship with me, I'd classify them in the same category I think of the e(strange)d Markle family members as being in.

Riding someone's coat tails for one's own ego is not what "family" does. This, to me differentiates why Meghan included some people to be at her wedding to Harry and why some never made the list at all. :D

Part 2 of the Meghan Chroniclers by Uncle Joe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...other-Doria-calls-daughter-little-flower.html

This story had a truly different take. Uncle Joe is signing Doris's praises poetrayong her as a mother who taught her values passed down from her grandmother. And Doria asks for nothing in return. The Markles demand that they gain an all access pass to Buckingham Palace and luxe life because Dad paid for her education.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom