Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 3: February - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the three little pigs analogy so very very good Osipi.

The reality is that Meghan, having moved to a new country and quit her former profession, she's unable to maintain her close connection to former buddies like Rick Hoffman (they were friends on and off the set of Suits). In addition, Meghan surely can't maintain as close a connection with most of the other cast members, producers and crew from Suits. In fact, it was indicated that none of the Suits cast members, aside from former guest star, Abigail Spencer, attended the evening wedding reception at Frogmore last May. I would imagine that's mostly due to the fact that Meghan had to make cut-off choices for the evening guest list which was only 200 vs the 600 guests at the wedding ceremony and Windsor Castle reception.

Aside from Rick Hoffman, Meghan was also very close to Sarah Rafferty of Suits. While Rafferty and her husband were not invited to the evening wedding reception, Rafferty did attend Meghan's baby shower in NY, so they are clearly still in contact. And Meghan may still briefly correspond with a few other former friends and acquaintances, but the relationships are not the same for her, aside from her nearest and dearest. So why should everything remain exactly the same for Prince Harry regarding his friendships?

I would not be surprsed if Prince Harry no longer has as much in common with 'Skippy,' especially seeing as he was a running and drinking buddy in pubs and nightclubs during most of Harry's 20s. In fact, Skippy was married himself in 2017, so perhaps his lifestyle and interests have diverged as well. That's not unusual.

Pic of Tom & Lara Inskip walking to St. George's Chapel for H&Ms wedding:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/69/8b/54/698b5413843789b90ed63a444ee3c016.jpg

Last edited:
And Meghan may still briefly correspond with a few other former friends and acquaintances, but the relationships are not the same for her, aside from her nearest and dearest. So why should everything remain exactly the same for Prince Harry regarding his friendships?
/url]

Not sure I understand your point. Just because Meghan has had to move country and is no longer in her old profession, a conscience choice she made, why should Harry have to give up his friendships?

The thing that gets me is that its very possible that after Harry and Meghan became engaged, they could have asked the Queen for leeway to have a "transition period" for Meghan to adapt and become acclimated to her new family and her new role and start a family which basically would have been like sending Meghan to "princess school" for the first year or so and being seen in public trailing Harry's footsteps (which I'm pretty sure HM would have agreed to). This wasn't the case...

My take is that a transition period is not what Meghan herself desired. She may even have been counseled to take a bit of time to settle into married life first, but I believe she and Harry were preparing throughout their courtship to define and to mold the shape they saw their lives taking. Meghan was early on granted access to Harry's personal staff and to his mentor, Mark Dyer, and to Dyer's American wife. In this way, Meghan was learning throughout the courtship about what her royal role would entail. And even despite her busy career filming Suits and nurturing her relationship with Harry, Meghan likely soaked up knowledge about all manner of royal protocol and the ins-and-outs of royal life and royal duties. It's obvious to me that Meghan is a fast learner, and she's also reportedly very organized and hands-on about anything she sets her mind to accomplish.

Even had Meghan taken the slow 'transition period' route, she would still have been highly scrutinized, and btw, skewered by the media for taking it easy, indulging in royal perks, not wanting to work, being difficult and lazy, not supporting her husband, etc., etc.

I do love your "Three Pigs" analogy. So aptly worded!

Not sure I understand your point. Just because Meghan has had to move country and is no longer in her old profession, a conscience choice she made, why should Harry have to give up his friendships?

I don't mean he has to 'give up his friendships.' I mean that such unavoidable loosening of former friendship bonds naturally occurs. If it's occurring for one member of a married couple who are both forging new interests together, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't equally occur for both. And I would imagine this is bound to happen, the more friends that both parties have. Habits and lifestyle pursuits change and adjustments are made, inevitably and naturally, not necessarily purposely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also Skippy lives in DC. They moved there after they got married.

I couldn't agree more. I love that they did this under the quiet. None of the tabloids announcing an intention to do so.

Isn't this kind of thing what its all really about? Making a difference? One person at a time? Too little attention has been paid to these kind of heart warming stories and there are many, many of them that never make the news. Its these kind of stories I'd prefer to see and read about.

I wish Daphne a full recovery from pneumonia and that she'll be at the front of the pack the next time Harry and Meghan land in Australia. ?

Russel Myers, who writes for the Daily Mirror, tweeted that British media have been offered the pictures since Saturday, but that nobody has bought them since Harry and Meghan apparently are "deeply unhappy" (Russell's words) about them. Harry can be seen covering his face and Meghan, although smiling, keeps looking towards the ground.

I'm sure they didn't want their pic taken..however since when has any member of the media pack been concerned with a Royal being 'deeply unhappy' about having their pic taken?

LaRae

Russel Myers, who writes for the Daily Mirror, tweeted that British media have been offered the pictures since Saturday, but that nobody has bought them since Harry and Meghan apparently are "deeply unhappy" (Russell's words) about them. Harry can be seen covering his face and Meghan, although smiling, keeps looking towards the ground.

He also asked where the pictures came from before stating that. Don't know what to believe with his tweets. BTW, I think most Sussex supporters were not interested in posting this here, because it absolutely looks like they were not expecting the paps.

She didn't think she was off camera. She was literally talking to the camera. And she can have her opinion. People been voicing them a lot of various royals this last few days.

That's a NZ breakfast news channel. And the people of NZ certainly liked Meghan. The couple got good crowds on tour there, and the friendship of the Prime Minister.

When Harry's time comes to go "Home", I'd be willing to bet that dear Daphne will be front and center with the welcoming committee. She wasn't just a fan and an admirer of a royal but a woman dedicated to the memory of those that served in the Australian Army and in that, shared a common bond with Harry and the work he does for wounded and sick veterans.

The light in Australia dimmed when Daphne passed. I echo the sentiment that "I hope she’s having a well deserved beer upstairs. "

Good. Hope they had an enjoyable time browsing and buying some of the products.

Good. Hope they had an enjoyable time browsing and buying some of the products.

Yes, these places have some really wonderful products. You must do a bit of research on them or hopefully have brilliant store employees that have been schooled about them. People have been really help with different problems so I am told, especially diabetes and cholesterol. Glad that they are open minded.

That is so sad. It would be awesome if Harry could go to the funeral, but I certainly understand if he could not. I would have said Meghan also, but I doubt she can fly at the point due to being so close to her due date.

I'm sure he'll arrange for a wreath or bunch of flowers and a note, though I don't think he will be there in person. She was always so happy to see Harry, it was heartwarming.

The woman who runs the wellness store is a midwife so obviously getting all the advice and help she needs. Oils most certainly helped me through my pregnancy. It is not all hippy s*** has someone described. Just a healthy alternative to drugs.

Alternative and the holistic approach to wellness and medicine has been around for a very long time and people are looking more and more towards the natural way to care for the body, mind and soul as more and more comes out about man made drugs and their detrimental effects and drawbacks. Charles is a big advocate for this.

I'd love to spend a few hours browsing through that store myself. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom