Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 3: February - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the story that Samantha was on Scotland Yard's fixated persons list? Sam just did an interview with DM showing proof she is not on the list

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tle-prove-not-police-list-fixated-people.html

The Mar 7 letter does not exonerate Sam. In the third paragraph the statement reads do not use this response as a certificate of good character. She still could be watched by police but through a different lens. And comments shown she has not changed opinions of her. Sam called this an attempted smear campaign on her but it looks like a PR stragety of hers that has backfired.

How does Samatha actually support herself? Living in London is not cheap......has she moved all her things to London? From California?

How does Samatha actually support herself? Living in London is not cheap......has she moved all her things to London? From California?

Samantha has not moved to London, nor does she live in California. I believe she lives in Florida.

According to the article she lives in Gloucester, Virginia. She used to live in Florida with a boyfriend, at the time of the royal wedding.

Up Next: Grand release of the game "Where in the World Is Yvonne Samantha Grant Markle" (a game for all ages where you find the trolls) to promote the release of her first book "In The Shadow Of The Duchess: Part I" soon to be at a store near you! :D

But seriously folks, I haven't heard that Samantha has moved out of Florida and probably is still there. Place of residence has nothing to do with being on Scotland Yard's "watch" list.

As for supporting herself, I have no idea nor do I really care about her finances. That's her business. She's *not* a public figure whatsoever. ;)

According to the article she lives in Gloucester, Virginia. She used to live in Florida with a boyfriend, at the time of the royal wedding.

She is still in Florida. She was interviewing on air with Daily Mail TV last week and she was live from Florida. As for her funds? It seems she likely gets disability and clearly she getting plenty money from selling her tales.

Lets not forget she's also hoping to get on the best seller list with her book "In The Shadow Of The Duchess" which is now being touted as Part I and Part II. I believe Part I is to be released around the time of the birth of Baby Sussex.

I will *not* be purchasing it. Not even for $1 in a bargain bin sale. :D

Lets not forget she's also hoping to get on the best seller list with her book "In The Shadow Of The Duchess" which is now being touted as Part I and Part II. I believe Part I is to be released around the time of the birth of Baby Sussex.

Why should we buy it? I bet the DM is going to serialize it and we will learn all there is in it anyways through the tabloids...But in a way I hope all the Meghan-haters and trolls are going to buy it to spend their money on something you can only use to go to the loo with.

For me, its not the author of the book or who is for or against someone in a tabloid created "war" but rather the content of the book itself.

Any of us that have been following the life and times of Meghan's e(strange)d family knows that, in truth, Samantha's life didn't really involve too much of her father's second wife's child, Meghan, very much at all. Sam was at the age when Meghan was born where she was about to step into the world on her own, marry and have her own families. Sam was on the periphery of Meghan's life for all of it until it suited her own aims to be "related".

The book smells of a need to "cash in" and that, to me, stinks. ;)

I think the "book" is still wishful thinking on Samantha's part. It does not seem to be available for pre-order anywhere, which it would if any publisher was releasing it in the next few months.

I imagine Part II will never be published after the failure of Part 1.?

Not sure if this is true, but it will not be the first time that a new wife has "pruned" her husband's inner circle of friends.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-former-wingman-Tom-Inskip-Tatler-claims.html

Catherine had this charge thrown at her too. There are always plenty of people only too willing to paint new wives as difficult & dictatorial over their "hen-pecked" husbands. It happens to lots of women outside of royal circles too when the reality is that relationships change when two singles become a couple but it's often the woman who is blamed rather than an understanding that couples adjust to each others' previous social set while developing a joint one.

The only respite Meghan is likely to get from this constant drip of bile is if another high profile royal marries someone less palatable to the press. Meghan's arrival is what's elevated Catherine from 'lazy Waity-Katie' to 'our lovely English rose'. Perhaps Prince Andrew could marry a muslim, marxist transwoman & give Meghan a break!

Catherine had this charge thrown at her too. There are always plenty of people only too willing to paint new wives as difficult & dictatorial over their "hen-pecked" husbands. It happens to lots of women outside of royal circles too when the reality is that relationships change when two singles become a couple but it's often the woman who is blamed rather than an understanding that couples adjust to each others' previous social set while developing a joint one.

The only respite Meghan is likely to get from this constant drip of bile is if another high profile royal marries someone less palatable to the press. Meghan's arrival is what's elevated Catherine from 'lazy Waity-Katie' to 'our lovely English rose'. Perhaps Prince Andrew could marry a muslim, marxist transwoman & give Meghan a break!

You mean Andrew remarrying Fergie might take the pressure off Meghan? Great let's have a remarriage then. Btw doesn't Skippy live in the States? His wife got a job in tech and they moved to California or so I heard.

Not sure if this is true, but it will not be the first time that a new wife has "pruned" her husband's inner circle of friends.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-former-wingman-Tom-Inskip-Tatler-claims.html

My observation over the years is that it is usually not so much the new wife "pruning" in a deliberate way, but that some bachelor friendships just fall by the wayside because the new husband's interests and allocation of time are substantially different than they were before he married.

If there were deliberate pruning going on, Skippy would be the one I'd give the old heave-ho to, too.

And yes, Kate was accused of this also, with numerous articles about how much all William's old friends disliked her, etc.

Maybe we should have a new column called "Fake news about Meghan and what we think aboutthe reason why this is published"... Or so.

Maybe we should have a new column called "Fake news about Meghan and what we think aboutthe reason why this is published"... Or so.
I'd like that too, so I would know what thread I won't open ! All this bashing depresses me !:bang:

The concept that you present, Ista, is all too true and its ageless as the title of a 1954 tune says, "Wedding Bells Are Breaking Up That Old Gang of Mine". Marriage changes everything especially when you have a couple that at the last peal of those wedding bells, earnestly start their own family.

Lifestyles change from hitting the clubs and the bottle and singing the blues until the wee hours to groggily getting out of bed and heating up a bottle and rocking and singing "Little Boy Blue" and hoping the new diaper lasts more than twenty minutes. That fast sports car gives way to a family orientated sedan and staying in with soda and pretzels and playing cards with friends is the new "normal" and when something stinks, breaks are taken to find out just whose kid it is that dropped the bomb. Of course this is Jane and Joe Public's married life but I imagine its the same in any strata of society.

Its not "pruning" relationships but going in different directions and maturing. ?

I like this idea--it could corral the "tabloid trash" and those that want to wallow in it could keep it there.

As long as it was in the "Member's Corner" area, I think it would work. Forum rules actually discourages us from promoting this kind of gossip and speculations so I don't see the moderators allowing it.

I think its mainly up to us to keep a level head and discriminate between stories that actually have some factual basis and bird cage liner stories. Although the Fail is notorious for its yellow journalism, I think I'd actually miss some links for the excellent photographs it publishes. Go figure. :D

I just said on the Kate board, that the 'falling out with her besty' story sounded more like what the paps throw at Meghan. I guess I was right, she wasn't left out either. And Kate came out looking a lot better in her trash story.

The most unbelievable part is where 'his dear friends from childhood' were loose lipped and complained to the press about it. I don't see Skippy or any other close friend of Harry complaining to the media :bang:

Like Harry, Skippy is married (Meghan was at his wedding). When you get married your life starts changing. And your social set slowly does as well.

And Skippy lives in America too but they are not close as they used to be. Tbh I never cared for Skippy. I prefer Adam Bidwell and Arthur Landon. They seem like nicer lads.

I read on news .com that the source about dropping Tom Inskip from his circle of friends was -- The Sun.
Enough said. I don't know much about Tom Inskip only that they were long time friends & Meghan attended the wedding in Jamaica.
Back when Mark Borland was press secretary to Prince Charles in the 1990's he was quoted as once having said that Harry had revolting friends.
Who knows what relationship Harry and Tom have now. But young revolting spoilt boys do grow up and mature into nice young men. And naturally they grow apart as their own families and jobs drift them further away. It Doesn't mean they are dropped if they don't get the chance to see each other often.
If Tom Inskip is living abroad then obviously the chances of catching up are minimal.
When the ITN or ITV (i get the two mixed up) narrated Harry's wedding I am sure one of the hosts recognised Tom Inskip & his wife walking down the hill to the chapel.
Sounds like yet another made up story to me.

I’ve never bought a copy of Tatler - clearly not posh enough, but its piece on Meghan says more about Britain’s self-aggrandizing, pompous elitists than it does about the Duchess of Sussex. Last I checked it’s 2019 not 1919. - Victoria Arbiter

The Tatler article is the grossest thing I've ever read.

Last edited:
I’ve never bought a copy of Tatler - clearly not posh enough, but its piece on Meghan says more about Britain’s self-aggrandizing, pompous elitists than it does about the Duchess of Sussex. Last I checked it’s 2019 not 1919. - Victoria Arbiter

The Tatler article is the grossest thing I've ever read.

could you provide a link to this article for the rest of us pretty please and thank you:flowers:

The reports about her are just awful. From the get go I knew there would be lots of negative press about Meghan. People often speak disparagingly about things and people they are not use to.

Meghan is so different anyone who has ever married into the BRF.
She is older, a commoner- not from the British uppercrust, from a different culture, opinionated, and is biracial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps there is a positive side to all this negativity and cyber bullying that seems to have plagued Meghan since her relationship with Harry became public knowledge.

Who better to set the example of not letting it all get to her and bring her down than Meghan? The more I watch and see and read the negatives popping up all over the place, what I don't see is Meghan reacting to it or playing into any of it and just going about her life doing what she's come to do. This shows me that she's a woman of strong character.

Frogmore Cottage is not the only thing in the lives of Meghan and Harry that is being soundproofed. Meghan learned a long time ago and has stated that its all nothing but "noise" and not worth rent free space in her head. She's got far more happy and positive things to focus on that really *do* matter.

Good gravy, everyone who lives under the flight path to Heathrow would be Crazy Not to have soundproofing. It is the senseible thing to do.

I was going to say a week or two ago what a wonderful job I see Meghan doing as a Duchess. Heavily pregnant with many demands on her time. That being meetings about her duties and discussions about the reno. Dress fittings etc.etc.
Americans should be very proud of her. She has done well and I think she is fitting into the BRFamily very well.
I don't take much notice of the negative press anymore as I've seen it ALL BEFORE. With Diana and Fergie, and everyone else who have married into the family. And yet they just get on with it and become valued members of the firm.
JMHO.

Last edited:
The thing that gets me is that its very possible that after Harry and Meghan became engaged, they could have asked the Queen for leeway to have a "transition period" for Meghan to adapt and become acclimated to her new family and her new role and start a family which basically would have been like sending Meghan to "princess school" for the first year or so and being seen in public trailing Harry's footsteps (which I'm pretty sure HM would have agreed to). This wasn't the case.

I'm with Tarlita and echo the sentiment that Meghan has done an excellent job so far and has done a dive rating 9.3 points (she *is* still learning) into the royal pool and swimming along with the rest of the "Firm".

To find a life partner with the baggage that Harry comes with seemed to be an insurmountable thing once upon a time but Harry hit the the biggest lottery of all by finding someone that actually fit the mold of being his "other half" in both his public and his personal life with Meghan finding her "other half" that completes her and also fulfills in her the desire she's had all along to make a difference in this world.

I do honestly think that this couple reminds me of the tale of The Three Little Pigs. All the huffing and puffing by the big, bad wolves will *not* blow this family down. Their bricks around them are being innudated by strong winds but after being tempered by fire so much, the bricks keep the castle nice and secure and cozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom