Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 3: February - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but "Diana's flatmate" is also Harry's godmother.
flowers.gif

And the Queen's racing manager's granddaughter, Zalie, was one of Harry & Meghan's little bridesmaids. Harry is her godfather.
If Zalie's parents sat in the Quire area then the grandfather could have sat in the regular seats. If the parents sat in the regular seats then I can see why the grandparents got seats in the Quire. Again these people sat on the bride's side of the the Quire and if there were seats for them, then seats were available for Meghan's family members if they were present.

Its entirely possible that any members of Meghan's family that did attend the wedding realized that to keep matters from becoming worse than they were, it was best to not publicly announce that they were even there. As has been said, a guest list has never been released.

We will never really know but I can understand the reasoning that if any of Doria's relatives or even Markle nieces and nephews attended, they'd prefer to be in the shadows rather than become tabloid fodder or dissension within their family.

If Zalie's parents sat in the Quire area then the grandfather could have sat in the regular seats. If the parents sat in the regular seats then I can see why the grandparents got seats in the Quire. Again these people sat on the bride's side of the the Quire and if there were seats for them, then seats were available for Meghan's family members if they were present.

The parents were part of the wedding party (as it was ) .Jake was a groomsman and Zoe was one of the mothers who arrived with the kids . The grandmother (Lady Caroline Warren)is the daughter of the Queen's BFF ,her and her siblings are super close to Charles ,her son is one of Harry's childhood friends (hence Harry being godfather to Zalie) not just some random.

And as I already explained there was no bride's side of the Quire . The Royals were on one side and the other side was split between his maternal family and friends ,his aunt and Meghan's mother and friends .

There was no way Ashleigh (Meghan's niece and daughter of Scamantha) was going to want the publicity and have her mother (who lost custody of all 3 of her children) who she has managed to get out from under lashing out at her in the press .

This is all beside the point . The Duchess of Gloucester married in and cut off the paternal side and it hasn't affected her standing why should it affect Meghan .

Different people have different relationships with their families and frankly it is nobody's business but Meghan's which of them she wants to have in her life .Not yours and not the self appointed guardians of family relationships on the Royal beat (many of whom are still paying her crappy family members to bad mouth her )

Its entirely possible that any members of Meghan's family that did attend the wedding realized that to keep matters from becoming worse than they were, it was best to not publicly announce that they were even there. As has been said, a guest list has never been released.

That's a very good point. And the same might be true for Meghan's friends, too, though on the flip side it would be hard to keep a low profile at such a high profile event.

:previous: If you are an 'unknown', you are of no interest to the media busy royal or celebrity spotting. It is possible that some of Meghan's maternal relatives were present but would have been totally ignored.

The big plus of this is that having not made themselves known to the media they are not banging on their doors for interviews or all the 'dirt' about Meghan and her mother.

Its a win for all around.

The point is that if they were there they wanted to fly under the wire. Considering how the media has hounded Doria and others, its understandable they didn't wanted their faces all over the internet. If they were sitting in the quire, they would have been identified by everyone. Sitting in the audience allows them to come and support Meghan without being drawn into the circus. It wasn't a matter of there not being enough seats.

This was in my Youtube feed today. I see verification in this because one of the trolls has had to disable anonymous posting on one of her blog accounts and not allow it on her personal website.

Wanna say it with me? "YAAAAAAAY!!!!!"

YAAAAAY! And I would add...FINALLY!!! The 'right to free speech' does NOT include the right to 'hate speech'. People are entitled to their opinion, they can also then bear the consequences for voicing that opinion in a hate-filled and vile, cowardly manner on someone who can't answer back anymore.

As Fergie said, much of social media has been turned into a sewer.

For me, this week has had a double whammy in it that has the BRF on the power play against the negative media and the negative trolls. First came the rules and guidelines that were enforced on the royal social media sites.

Then the Queen shoots and scores the winning goal by announcing on International Womens Day that Meghan is named the Vice President of the Queen's Commonwealth Trust and specifically says she will focus on women and girls.

No question about it. Meghan is part of a winning team and is definitely valued as a team player. Can't get better than that. :D

We will never really know but I can understand the reasoning that if any of Doria's relatives or even Markle nieces and nephews attended, they'd prefer to be in the shadows rather than become tabloid fodder or dissension within their family.
Yes there are some Markle relatives We don't hear from like two of Samatha's kids and some cousins.
We can only speculate why Meghan has issues with her family. We just don't have all the facts regardless the interviews from a few family members. Meghan is basically a nice person with family issues we don't have all the facts.

This from the Daily Mail. Take with a grain of salt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-bury-hatchet-estranged-father-baby-born.html

If this story was a sanctioned leak from Meghan it would have made its way to People like the letter. This could be a leak by Sam and Dad to force an invitation.

I agree - I believe this leak was sanctioned by Samantha and her father to force a reconciliation. Good luck - Meghan is formidable.

I did love the video in that Daily Fail article of Meghan and Prince Charles sharing a little joke and laugh - they are very at ease with each other...it's great to see :flowers:

This from the Daily Mail. Take with a grain of salt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-bury-hatchet-estranged-father-baby-born.html

If this story was a sanctioned leak from Meghan it would have made its way to People like the letter. This could be a leak by Sam and Dad to force an invitation.

Wow I though when her father release her private letter was the end of their relationship. If this story is true that would be great. It would be sad if Mr Markle missed seeing his new grandchild. They love each other I hope in time they can rebuild their relationship. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I don't think it would be wise for Meghan to reconcile with Samantha. If she and her father were to be invited over to England for the christening of Baby Sussex and Sam were to see any of the royals or the inside of any of the Palaces she would IMO be making hay out of this for eternity. And she is likely to turn at any moment, however she has been treated and start spitting venom again.

Thomas is a bit different. I do think he has been influenced by Sam to do things he wouldn't normally have done. If he sees Harry and Meghan and gets a handle on things I believe he could and would keep quiet for good. He does at least have some genuine affection for Meghan.

I am not buying it. I would not be surprised if Samantha is the source. Pretending to be Meghan's close friend.

The other reason I think this story is a Sam fueled mess is that Meghan referred to her as Dad's other daughter in her letter. I question the timing of the news. The BRF was at Westminster Abbey yesterday showing a united front with chatting, kisses and chumminess between Charles and Meghan that had to bum out Dad.

Thomas made the conscience choice to side with Sam.

Last edited:
The other reason I think this story is a Sam fueled mess is that Meghan referred to her as Dad's other daughter in her letter. I question the timing of the news. The BRF was at Westminster Abbey yesterday showing a united front with chatting, kisses and chumminess between Charles and Meghan that had to bum out Dad.

Thomas made the conscience choice to side with Sam.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.

You know, amidst all the discussion of the duties Meghan's been given and what she's worn and all the speculation on every topic under the sun, I find that what I really would like to know is what she reads.

I understand why the Queen keeps her politics to herself and I agree with that. I also agree with the rest of the royal family following suit. But why do Meghan and Kate have to be represented as if their heads are hatstands?

I understand that Kate has upper second-class honours in art history from St. Andrews, (statistically the rank most students achieve and the minimum requirement of most major employers). Meghan has a dual Bachelor of Arts in Theater and International Relations from Northwestern University. We don't know how well she did because most US universities don't publicize grades against the wishes of alumni but we do know she failed the Foreign Service Officer Test. She has my sympathy.

So we know they can read. But why can't we know what they read? Is that thought of as too close to political expression?

I agree - I believe this leak was sanctioned by Samantha and her father to force a reconciliation. Good luck - Meghan is formidable.

Mr. Markle sort of forced her to be formidable when he blabbed to the tabloids about some political opinions of Harry's. He's proved repeatedly that he'll sell out his own child for tabloid money.

Mr. Markle has five other grandchildren that he does not see on a regular, so I am not sure why Baby Sussex is different. I have my suspicions but there you go.

I also don't believe the story..I can see Meghan potentially seeking reconciliation with the father yes...Samantha...no. I am of the opinion that Meghan and Thomas could have healed their relationship if other factors were not in play. They had a decent relationship until Paparazzi Gate....

Though I do think something is up...I used to follow her on Twitter and she blocked me. And I was never disrespectful, never rude, just made rational statements...and than I was Zonked!

Last edited:
I don't think it would be wise for Meghan to reconcile with Samantha. If ... Sam were to see any ... royals or ... Palaces she would IMO be making hay out of this for eternity. And she is likely to turn at any moment .. and start spitting venom again.

Thomas is a bit different. I do think he has been influenced by Sam to do things he wouldn't normally have done. If he sees Harry and Meghan and gets a handle on things I believe he could and would keep quiet for good. He does at least have some genuine affection for Meghan.

I don't see how Samantha influenced him to sell Harry's political opinions to the press. And I don't believe that no one -- not Harry, Meghan or Doria -- warned him about this.

The man isn't ignorant. He worked near celebrities for many years. He had a successful career. He was on the inside, witnessing events or hearing the inside stories and seeing them covered in tabloids. He circulated in that environment most of his adult life. He can't be unaware of how things work. When he was warned to keep quiet, he there's no way he could have misunderstood. Doria didn't.

I wish they could make up. Meghan's children deserve two grandfathers to look up to. But Mr. Markle has repeatedly shown himself untrustworthy.

If Mr. Markle wants Meghan back, why doesn't he earn back her trust? This may seem cruel but he seems selfish to me. Either he's after tabloid money or he's only concerned with his pain and not considering the pain, anxiety and distress he's causing Meghan, the family she married into, and his grandchildren.

You know, amidst all the discussion of the duties Meghan's been given and what she's worn and all the speculation on every topic under the sun, I find that what I really would like to know is what she reads.

I understand why the Queen keeps her politics to herself and I agree with that. I also agree with the rest of the royal family following suit. But why do Meghan and Kate have to be represented as if their heads are hatstands?

I understand that Kate has upper second-class honours in art history from St. Andrews, (statistically the rank most students achieve and the minimum requirement of most major employers). Meghan has a dual Bachelor of Arts in Theater and International Relations from Northwestern University. We don't know how well she did because most US universities don't publicize grades against the wishes of alumni but we do know she failed the Foreign Service Officer Test. She has my sympathy.

So we know they can read. But why can't we know what they read? Is that thought of as too close to political expression?

I’m sure they read, but they haven’t publicly stated what they’re reading.

I’m sure they read, but they haven’t publicly stated what they’re reading.

During the panel discussion at King's College celebrating International Women's Day, Meghan mentioned that she reads The Economist. I would also suspect that she might read The Nation and perhaps The Atlantic Monthly (maybe Mother Jones, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and perhaps Ms magazine which is about feminism). Meghan said she steers completely clear of social media, celebrity and entertainment news weeklies and tabloids (obviously).

Before marrying into the British royal family, Meghan likely used to read industry publications like The Hollywood Reporter, Entertainment Weekly, Vanity Fair, Time, and Newsweek. I would bet she still reads selective parts of fashion magazines such as Glamour, Vogue and/or British Vogue, British Elle, Women's Wear Daily, et al. And since she's highly intelligent, there are surely a variety of other highbrow publications and/or academic journals that Meghan reads, in addition to philanthropic literature. In addition to her September 2017 Vanity Fair cover story, Meghan was also featured in Men's Health, Best Health Canada, Miami Living, Glamour, and Chicago's lifestyle magazine, Splash. She also appeared on the cover of travel magazine, Jumeirah, in the pages of a hairstyling magazine for Wella Professional products, and she modeled for the Australian online magazine, Gritty Pretty. Maybe she reads Yoga Journal.

Since Meghan was previously fairly high profile on social media, there are significant other clues to books Meghan has read and highly values since they were featured in Instagram posts on her bookshelf, coffee table, bed or sofa, and/ or were mentioned on her Tig lifestyle website. As I've previously mentioned, there's still a lot out there about Meghan, aside from total crap, which gives clues to her passions and interests. This is the case because she lived a full, accessible life before meeting Prince Harry.

Meghan's Mirror is an excellent site to peruse if you are interested in Meghan. It's not just a fashion blog. They cover quite a lot about Meghan's former Tig and interesting details about her former travel, beauty regimen, product preferences, recipes, etc. Here's a link to a feature on Meghan's Reading List (as Curryong also noted), which provides a significant list of books Meghan displayed in her home: http://www.meghansmirror.com/meghan-markle-book/

Not on the list are some books I've seen on Meghan's former Instagram: What Pretty Girls Are Made Of, a novel by Lindsay Roth (Meghan's friend from college). The book was inspired by Meghan. Also, We Are Not Ourselves, a novel by Matthew Thomas; Fates and Furies, a novel by Lauren Groff; and Vanity Fair's Hollywood. You can go to Youtube and look up "Meghan's Instagram." There's a fast version and a slow version showing screen caps of some of her posts that were still up before she deleted her account. She had a delightful, well-curated Instagram. Meghan's former Instagram screen caps also feature the many quotes and words of wisdom she loved to post. She especially posted a lot of sayings and poems by Tyler Knott Gregson:
https://www.instagram.com/tylerknott/?hl=en

Last edited by a moderator:
The DF should always be taken with a whole mountain of salt. I don't think there's any way Meghan's friends who spoke to People would leak to that rag after the way they've treated her since the beginning. If there is a real source at all it's Samantha or Thomas himself.

It's possible she is hoping for a reconciliation with her father down the line but I hope it's once he's proved he won't leak anything they say or write to him to the press. Leaking that private letter about her pain over his actions was the last straw for a while, but babies *can* be great family healers, we'll see.

Other reason I think the Fails story is fiction:

Tom Jr is left out of the reunion.
Sam is on Scotland Yard's fixated persons list. Jr has current legal trouble.

Dad has no known relationship with his five other grandchildren but wants one with this one. Like Zonk I have my thoughts. Sr may get to see Baby Sussex if he cuts Sam and Jr out of his life for good but even that may not be enough.

Sam is on Scotland Yard's fixated persons list.
This woman has children; how does it feel to have your mum achieve that particular distinction? What is she thinking?

The more I learn about Mr. Markle and His Other Daughter (Samantha), the more I agree with the course of action Meghan's taken and the less I want them soiling the inside of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom