Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 3: February - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they want Archie to have a more normal life. That doesn't mean either parent is going to disappear from the limelight either. Certainly Edward and Sophie never did, though their kids are kept out.

Harry never said he wanted to abandon royal life all together. He simply needed to forge his own path. He isn't the future king, so he isn't needed for the more traditional roles. It is clear from his focus on things like Invictus, Sentebale and African parks, as well as his and Meghan's Commonwealth appointments, their path is going to lead them in a slightly more outward direction.

Both Harry and Meghan light up around kids. Hate all the focus is on Harry being the natural with kids, and not Meghan. It doesn't mean they aren't going to continue their work and path.
Agreed with all of this. It’s so odd that people just expect Meghan to drop anything that has connection to her past and her upbringing. Reality is royal family hasn’t expected her to do so. The Prince of Wales went as far as using American ink on English made paper on the invitation. I don’t know how much more he could’ve sent a message about this being a union of people with two backgrounds than just all British than that.

And as for Meghan and Harry in regards to making a difference. They BOTH want that. They said it was one of the first things that bonded them. And I imagine they would also want to include Archie in some of that work. Meghan has talked about going to the slums of Jamaica with her mom. Diana obviously included her children in her work with the less fortunate. And as we found out in Prince Charles at 70, he certainly passed on his passion like respecting and loving this world we inhibit from a very early age by teaching them to help pick up trash if they see it. This couple understand they, and their child, are privileged, but it’s not like this for the rest of the world. It would surprise me if they didn’t want to pass that on to Archie from an early age.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a gorgeous photo (by Harry? That would be even sweeter) and it was very sweet of the Sussexes to share it, Mother's Day or not.

That's a gorgeous photo (by Harry? That would be even sweeter) and it was very sweet of the Sussexes to share it, Mother's Day or not.

They didn't specify but it looks like it was taken with the Portrait mode on an iphone so I bet either Harry or proud grandma Doria took it!

I also really loved the caption. I have found the SussexRoyal captions to be a bit much overall, but this one was perfect :flowers:

Harry never said he wanted to abandon royal life all together. He simply needed to forge his own path. He isn't the future king, so he isn't needed for the more traditional roles. It is clear from his focus on things like Invictus, Sentebale and African parks, as well as his and Meghan's Commonwealth appointments, their path is going to lead them in a slightly more outward direction.
I rather thought that he HAD said he had considered leaving Royal life altogether...

Even if, once upon a time, Harry did want to leave the royal life behind, it most certainly isn't the case now. It took following his passion of the military since childhood that things naturally started to take shape and give Harry the drive and the passion to do things that perhaps only his royal status would allow him to actually turn ideas into realities.

Such was the case with the Invictus Games. If he'd never served in the military, there would be no incentive for the Invictus Games. I sincerely believe that this is when the light bulb went on over Harry's head and he realized just how much royal status could work in his favor. Harry and William both have been exposed as children to their mother and father's works and both of them, being royal, allows them to continue in their footsteps. One just has to look at the projects listed under the Royal Foundation and its easy to see where the germ of the ideas started.

One of Harry's reasons, to me, to give up the royal life stemmed from finding it an onus in the respect of finding a wife and partner that would fit into his royal life in all its aspects and he seriously saw said royal life as being a huge drawback to establishing a home and family. I believe he's even said so to the effect of "finding someone willing to take him on". Fortunately the stars did align in his favor and he met exactly what he was looking for.

Harry probably wouldn't trade the life he has right now for anything in the world. He's matured. He's found purpose in what he wants to do. He has a loving, stable family life that has turned him into mush as he announced Archie's birth. He's come full circle into a life that wasn't only expected of him from birth as the future son of a monarch but now he's embracing his role with his body, mind and soul.

Sometimes what we think we want our lives to be as young adults turn out to be very different than the blessings of mature adult life we eventually embrace.

Question for my fellow U.K. posters. I know U.K.’s Mothering Sunday was in March, but when is your equivalent of Father’s Day?

16th of June same as the US.

Even if, once upon a time, Harry did want to leave the royal life behind,

Sometimes what we think we want our lives to be as young adults turn out to be very different than the blessings of mature adult life we eventually embrace.

According ot that article, it seems he did say he thtougth of leaving it...

According ot that article, it seems he did say he thtougth of leaving it...
Harry said he felt more drawn to the military life. At no time, as an adult, did he say he was going to abandon royal life all together.

Yes they didn't want to live in the fish bowl that is London. That doesn't mean they are going to disappear from the stage. It means they want their son to be able to run in the yard and have a life not constantly in media press lens.

They didn't specify but it looks like it was taken with the Portrait mode on an iphone so I bet either Harry or proud grandma Doria took it!

I also really loved the caption. I have found the SussexRoyal captions to be a bit much overall, but this one was perfect

Only thing I have read is the photo is in the private gardens at Frogmore.

Not surprising they included forget me nots in their new home garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom