The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They are normal people. Just born and married in a different circumstance.
Depends on definition of normal. Normal,as in human needs, wants, emotions. Yes. Normal as in life experience and perception. No.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
He isn't normal and he married an actress and that is not strictly 'normal' either. That he would want a stable, low key personal life I get. And this I feel she gives him but they are not normal by anyone's definition.
Their “roles” might not be normal. But they are normal people with their own lives.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:50 AM
Majesty

Sadly I would have to disagree. They are living in Frogmore Estate which is a private estate within Windsor estate which is within Windsor Park. That is serious "all on my own" territory. They seriously don't want anyone around.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:14 PM
Serene Highness

Here's a piece where Harry and Meghan are suppose to quit the royal life

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.exp...ily-latest/amp

Seems more like the press wants the Sussexes quit the royal life because it's too hard for the media to cover them. The press doesn't like the scrutiny it's getting for the its coverage; apparently the media's is not use to it.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Majesty

"The focus today will rightly be on some lovely royal baby pictures but later Harry and Meghan may have to reflect on how they are alienating many of the British taxpayers who help to pay for them. I’ve written a short analysis piece in today’s Daily Express."

Via Richard Palmer Twitter
Old 05-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
"The focus today will rightly be on some lovely royal baby pictures but later Harry and Meghan may have to reflect on how they are alienating many of the British taxpayers who help to pay for them. I’ve written a short analysis piece in today’s Daily Express."

British taxpayers or British tabloids? There is a difference. Because it was very clear when the April announcement came. The media threw a fit about how the public is being snubbed. The public was very clear that they are with Meghan and Harry.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Birth of xxx, Earl of Dumbarton: May 6, 2019

I also thought the British taxpayer doesn’t pay a thing. It’s the crown estates or Charles estates that pay for everything.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Aristocracy

@Fem This has been addressed with Zembra. It is frustrating to see everything the Sussexes do be scrutinised. Also why the heck are people talking about her estranged family and getting quotes from these losers? The Sussexes don't give a toss about them.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
British taxpayers or British tabloids? There is a difference. Because it was very clear when the April announcement came. The media threw a fit about how the public is being snubbed. The public was very clear that they are with Meghan and Harry.
Honestly? Probably a little bit of both. (Okay, maybe a little bit of a lot when it comes to the press )

There'll always be a group of people not happy with seeing Harry and Meghan doing things their own way, when it goes against how the things were done in the past. It might rub some people the wrong way. Hell, there are some decision they've made over the past year and a half that I'm looking at and asking myself "but why".

They are doing things their own way, staying true to themselves and that's what's important. So what if some people won't be pleased with their ways? The monarchy will not end because of that. I really respect you and your post, and I'm not really in the business of telling people what should they feel, but you seem very angry and it's just storm in a teacup. It'll pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I also thought the British taxpayer doesn’t pay a thing. It’s the crown estates or Charles estates that pay for everything.
We're paying for security. And not much else, if I'm correct.

But it's not about the money - the monarchy's income for the overall British economy is much bigger than the costs - it's just a tool used to get people, who are less informed, interested in this situation.

It's a very symbiotic relationship the BRF has with the public - and don't get me wrong, the BRF still needs people's support to continue working in the way they are. It would take a lot for the society to turn back on them, but it's not impossible.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Honestly? Probably a little bit of both. (Okay, maybe a little bit of a lot when it comes to the press )

There'll always be a group of people not happy with seeing Harry and Meghan doing things their own way, when it goes against how the things were done in the past. It might rub some people the wrong way. Hell, there are some decision they've made over the past year and a half that I'm looking at and asking myself "but why".

They are doing things their own way, staying true to themselves and that's what's important. So what if some people won't be pleased with their ways? The monarchy will not end because of that. I really respect you and your post, and I'm not really in the business of telling people what should they feel, but you seem very angry and it's just storm in a teacup. It'll pass
With all of that's been said, I'm the angry one? Ok I'm not the one saying anyone snubbed me left and right. I just like facts.

Look, like most decisions, it's not going to please everyone. Hell, not everyone wants the monarchy in UK from my understanding. However, if we are going to talk about the public in general, I think an official poll showing an overwhelming majority (75%) support versus a small minority (12 or 13%) dissent with about the same minority not having any opinion tells a lot more than what an RR thinks without any official data. And of course, if any journalist felt like they've been snubbed, that's fine, they are free to say they personally feel snubbed by the couple. But the anger on behalf of a non-angry public?
Old 05-08-2019, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Fake news - no evidence to support it.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
With all of that's been said, I'm the angry one? Ok I'm not the one saying anyone snubbed me left and right. I just like facts.

Look, like most decisions, it's not going to please everyone. Hell, not everyone wants the monarchy in UK from my understanding. However, if we are going to talk about the public in general, I think an official poll showing an overwhelming majority (75%) support versus a small minority (12 or 13%) dissent with about the same minority not having any opinion tells a lot more than what an RR thinks without any official data. And of course, if any journalist felt like they've been snubbed, that's fine, they are free to say they personally feel snubbed by the couple. But the anger on behalf of a non-angry public?
Official poll? Official for whom?
Old 05-08-2019, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Official poll? Official for whom?
If you prefer, widely recognized polling organization.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
If you prefer, widely recognized polling organization.
Thank you!
Old 05-08-2019, 12:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Maybe not angry, but definitely agitated. Like, I get wanting to defend the Sussexes but as you yourself noticed, he doesn't seem to have any basis in facts for his theories. So, you know, be happy for them and baby Sussex!
Old 05-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Here's a piece where Harry and Meghan are suppose to quit the royal life

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.exp...ily-latest/amp

Seems more like the press wants the Sussexes quit the royal life because it's too hard for the media to cover them. The press doesn't like the scrutiny it's getting for the its coverage; apparently the media's is not use to it.
This reads to me like a frustrated reporter's fever dream. They don't even try to pretend it's anything real. First it says people are "speculating," then the commentator puts out the possibility of them quitting royal life a decade from now and then backpedals with a statement of, basically, "I've not heard Harry...or anybody...say this, but I just know."

OK, dude, whatever.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

I am posting it here since its not about Archie himself, but I dont believe this has been posted. From the Telegraph coverage about little Archie:

And in other royal baby news...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...meghan-markle/
Quote:
In slightly offbeat royal baby news, The Duke of Sussex has reached a settlement with a news agency which took pictures of his Cotswolds home from a helicopter, the High Court has heard.

Lawyers for the Duke told a judge in London on Wednesday that there had been a "settlement of privacy and data protection complaints" made against Splash News and Picture Agency over photographs which showed "the living area, dining area and bedroom" of the property.

The court heard that the photographs "very seriously undermined the safety and security of the Duke" and his wife Meghan, who "felt they were no longer able to live at the property".

His barrister Ian Helme said the Duke was applying for permission to have a statement announcing the terms of the settlement read in open court.

The agency does not oppose the making of a statement in open court, Mr Helme added, but had raised "quibbles" about its wording.

Mr Helme said Splash objected to the part of the statement which, the court heard, says the Sussexes moved out of the property because of the photographs, arguing that The Sun and Daily Mail had already published similar photographs and that it would be "unfair to pin this all on Splash".

However, granting permission for a "unilateral statement" made on Harry's behalf to be read in open court, Senior Master Barbara Fontaine ruled that "the evidence supports the position" that the photographs in question "did undermine in a serious way the safety and security of the applicant and his wife".

The statement in open court will be heard on a date to be fixed.
I did not know how intrusive the pics were. Terrible and good on the Sussexes for taking it to court.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Well, there are always disgruntled takes, because there are always going to be disgruntled people.

I recall something Harry said in a documentary (Harry in Africa) about the time he spent in Botswana working on behalf of the charity he founded with Prince Seeiso:

"It's so easy to become caught up in all the negativity that exists in this world. I would encourage everyone to do good, because then you can go to bed at night feeling good about yourself..."
Old 05-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I am posting it here since its not about Archie himself, but I dont believe this has been posted. From the Telegraph coverage about little Archie:

And in other royal baby news...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...meghan-markle/

I did not know how intrusive the pics were. Terrible and good on the Sussexes for taking it to court.
WOW!!! Things that we didn't know. Good on Harry and Meghan.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

A few posts have been deleted. Please remember this rule when discussing royal reporters.
  • Any posts that feature insulting comments directed towards the royals, other posters, the Markles or members of the media, will be removed by a member of the moderating team.

Tags
duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, general news, meghan markle, prince harry