The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

The decrease of trolls can be attributed the BRF putting everyone on notice if you go too far law enforcement will step in. Anonymity gives them the "protection" of saying whatever; those same people change their tunes if London PD pays a visit.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

I guess Canada and the U.S. in particular will have to wait till after the 2020 election for visits by the Sussexes.
If they are going to do a North America tour, it's not necessary for them to go around the US election schedule. Most likely, they won't even meet with the US President as their trips tend to be charity focused. It's a bit different in the Commonwealth countries, and especially countries where HM is head of state. Besides, they were in Australia when the special elections were going on, and I believe there was some kind of election around the time they were in Fiji too.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
So the move to Africa is now just a tour in October..

https://twitter.com/royanikkhah/stat...228103687?s=21
I’ve always said that it was gonna be a tour. Two of the major players in the royal “Firm” wouldn’t be moving to another continent. Of course, the media has been milking the idea of a rift and they led with that narrative when reporting on this story.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-28-2019, 10:36 PM
Majesty

As a woman I can only say that having swum in shark infested waters for eighteen months, moving to their own home that for all intents and purposes, is brand new and ready to add the finishing touch, a baby to love and cosset in the nursery made just for him/her, if anyone had told me not to get too cosy because we were moving to Africa for three or four years, you my be assured that I would be less than impressed!

OK, let's be real here. I'd rip the messengers arm off and beat him over the head with the bloody stump.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
As a woman I can only say that having swum in shark infested waters for eighteen months, moving to their own home that for all intents and purposes, is brand new and ready to add the finishing touch, a baby to love and cosset in the nursery made just for him/her, if anyone had told me not to get too cosy because we were moving to Africa for three or four years, you my be assured that I would be less than impressed!

OK, let's be real here. I'd rip the messengers arm off and beat him over the head with the bloody stump.
You're being too kind here. HA!
Old 04-29-2019, 01:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
What's specific on the Sussex Instagram account, that invites people and tabloids to troll? As far as I can remember, while Meghan and Harry were under KP Instagram, the comment section was filled with trolls, extremely nasty trolls. And these made up articles would be happening with or without Sussex own Instagram. I don't think Dailymail is running out of ideas on how to find fault in Meghan.

As for the individual Instagram accounts, don't all royal households have their individual social media accounts? Why should Sussexes be the exception?
The reason is that some nasty people keep everything that is not just blending in wallpaper too apparent and histrionic. Harry and Meghan can never win really.

To me this style of harassment reminds very much the way alcoholic picks up reasons to drink, everything, just everyting can be and will be turned as a reason to drink, in this case turned to fault for Harry and Meghan.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm going to take a wild guess that one of the countries that Harry and Meghan will visit in October will be a trip to The Gambia.

The Gambia just rejoined the Commonwealth of Nations in 2018 after leaving it for five years. It would kind of be like a "welcome back" visit.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-29-2019, 04:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

Exactly my thoughts.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:

I guess Canada and the U.S. in particular will have to wait till after the 2020 election for visits by the Sussexes.
I am not quite sure when H&M may choose to do an official tour of the US and Canada, but my guess is that the US election cycle is unlikely to impact the timelines. I would be surprised if a trip to the US would include a trip to Washington DC, or even if it did, to meet the President.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

One place we can pretty much count on Harry and Meghan going in 2020 will be the Netherlands. Invictus Games 2020 are being held there in the Hague. I don't see Harry (or Meghan) wanting to miss this event.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One place we can pretty much count on Harry and Meghan going in 2020 will be the Netherlands. Invictus Games 2020 are being held there in the Hague. I don't see Harry (or Meghan) wanting to miss this event.
Look forward to that. Hope Queen Max joins them for some of the Invictus Games.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:56 AM
Royal Highness

Right regarding the U.S. election cycle not being a factor in whether or not the Sussexes will be soon scheduling a trip to the U.S. They could visit California, Chicago, Texas or New York. They don't have to visit D.C. Kate and William made an informal visit to California early in their marriage.

But I still say I don't see M&H making an official or an informal trip together to the U.S. in 2020. Of course I could be wrong. Plus I'm sure Meghan will make private visits to see her mother and her friends. I just think the U.S. is not the Sussexes first choice in 2020. They may have Canada in their sights though in 2020, particularly since Toronto was Meghan's home for over six years.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

One thing we have to remember too when speculating on overseas tours for Harry and Meghan is that its not up to Harry and Meghan, themselves, to pick and choose where they go and when. First off, they need to be invited by the host country and its all arranged through the Foreign and Commonwealth Office with the Queen's assent.

I would think that any trip to the USA or to Canada would be as official representatives of HM, The Queen.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Right regarding the U.S. election cycle not being a factor in whether or not the Sussexes will be soon scheduling a trip to the U.S. They could visit California, Chicago, Texas or New York. They don't have to visit D.C. Kate and William made an informal visit to California early in their marriage.

But I still say I don't see M&H making an official or an informal trip together to the U.S. in 2020. Of course I could be wrong. Plus I'm sure Meghan will make private visits to see her mother and her friends. I just think the U.S. is not the Sussexes first choice in 2020. They may have Canada in their sights though in 2020, particularly since Toronto was Meghan's home for over six years.
I agree that it won't be a US tour. It's likely more of a Canada tour with US added on whenever they do a North America tour.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing we have to remember too when speculating on overseas tours for Harry and Meghan is that its not up to Harry and Meghan, themselves, to pick and choose where they go and when. First off, they need to be invited by the host country and its all arranged through the Foreign and Commonwealth Office with the Queen's assent.

I would think that any trip to the USA or to Canada would be as official representatives of HM, The Queen.
Very well said. They travel as representatives of the monarch, and the trips are at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

Quote:
They may have Canada in their sights though in 2020, particularly since Toronto was Meghan's home for over six years.
They are obviously free to make as many private visits to Canada as they want, but it will only be when the Queen wants them to travel to Canada on an official trip, will they.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that several posts have been edited or deleted - let's not speculate on future pregnancies for the Duchess of Sussex, she is yet to give birth to her first child!
Old 05-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

The Duke of Sussex has always spoken about wanting to live a normal life. 'Normal' has always been his key word. I think that is part of why Harry has found Meghan so appealing. Together, I believe the Sussexes will continue to preserve their privacy as much as possible.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

He isn't normal and he married an actress and that is not strictly 'normal' either. That he would want a stable, low key personal life I get. And this I feel she gives him but they are not normal by anyone's definition.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
He isn't normal and he married an actress and that is not strictly 'normal' either. That he would want a stable, low key personal life I get. And this I feel she gives him but they are not normal by anyone's definition.
I am sure he wants his child(ren) life to be as normal as Princess Anne's children. The 'normal he yearns for is probably the stiffness of court as he seems quite informal and is not about the frills.Megham has given the confidence to be his own man.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
They are normal people. Just born and married in a different circumstance.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, general news, meghan markle, prince harry