Old 04-22-2019, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Harry is quite the photographer.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry is quite the photographer.
Harry didn't take that photo. Although he is quite photogenic, as is his wife.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
The Duke of Sussex is stated as the Copyrighted photographer for the following 9 photos after the initial one.

P.S. Yes, he seems to be a gifted wildlife photographer
Old 04-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Huh? Literally says Harry took the pictures listed in that post.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
The Duke of Sussex is stated as the Copyrighted photographer for the following 9 photos after the initial one.

P.S. Yes, he seems to be a gifted wildlife photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Huh? Literally says Harry took the pictures listed in that post.
I only see the one photo of Harry & Meghan, that he obviously didn't take--I didn't know there were more included.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I only see the one photo of Harry & Meghan, that he obviously didn't take--I didn't know there were more included.
There's a series of photos in the post.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The discussion surrounding the Sussexes future responsibilities and any overseas projects they have planned, can be found in the 'Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Future Duties, Roles and Responsibilities' thread.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:01 PM
Courtier

Harry and Meghan made the list of Fortune Magazine's 50 world's greatest leaders

The World's 50 Greatest Leaders - Fortune

Old 04-25-2019, 10:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Harry and Meghan made the list of Fortune Magazine's 50 world's greatest leaders

The World's 50 Greatest Leaders - Fortune

That’s nice.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:38 PM
Royal Highness

Omid Scobie tweeted a link on Twitter today to his most recent article in Harper's Bazaar. Omid reveals that the Cambridges visited with the Sussexes at Frogmore Cottage after Easter Sunday church services, in part to see how Meghan was doing since she didn't make the church service. And also to greet them in their new home. H&M have been welcoming a number of close friends and family since their move to Windsor. They are said to be very settled in and enjoying nesting time, with Doria:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...arry-frogmore/

“Said a friend, 'It’s truly a lovely home and they have done such a great job with the space. So much light and positive energy. I couldn’t think of a better place to start a family.'”

I've read recently that Omid knew Meghan before Harry, via Omid's connection with Markus Anderson. So maybe the 'friend' is Markus, or perhaps even Meghan's hairdesser, Daniel Martin, who is said to be staying in England until May 5.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Omid Scobie tweeted a link on Twitter today to his most recent article in Harper's Bazaar. Omid reveals that the Cambridges visited with the Sussexes at Frogmore Cottage after Easter Sunday church services, in part to see how Meghan was doing since she didn't make the church service. And also to greet them in their new home. H&M have been welcoming a number of close friends and family since their move to Windsor. They are said to be very settled in and enjoying nesting time, with Doria:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...arry-frogmore/

“Said a friend, 'It’s truly a lovely home and they have done such a great job with the space. So much light and positive energy. I couldn’t think of a better place to start a family.'”

I've read recently that Omid knew Meghan before Harry, via Omid's connection with Markus Anderson. So maybe the 'friend' is Markus, or perhaps even Meghan's hairdesser, Daniel Martin, who is said to be staying in England until May 5.
I’ve not heard anything about Meghan knowing Omid. Didn’t someone post some kind of rumor about him having interviewed her before a few days ago? I still haven’t seen that receipt. There is all kinds of rumors some detractors have come up because Omid isn’t joining on some of the ridiculous narrative regarding Meghan, I’d have serious doubts unless there is verifiable evidence. what we do know is that Meghan’s professional connection before Harry is very much out there. So if we can’t find anything, use common sense.

And honestly given how close Markus is to Meghan, I’ve never seen any evidence of him remotely making himself more available to media due to Meghan. And doubt he’ll start with their new home. Why is it that the media have to stretch so far to get any rumors of someone visiting Sussexes’ new home, and yet mere days after the Cambridges supposedly visit, Mirror and multiple outlets all have the story with details like who set it up? GMAB
Old 04-26-2019, 07:12 AM
Commoner

So, Omid reports that Cambridges had a nice visit over Easter with Sussexes. I only know of him through what people have said here so don't know his style to judge but if true, that one went a bit under the radar. Maybe because it doesn't fit the 'big fight' narrative?? I saw one reporter tweeting his complaint that no-one would talk about the 'big fight'. Maaaybe that's because there wasn't any fight at all and it's all tabloid junk bird cage liner from start to finish to try and provoke a response. Any response at all. So much codswallop as far as I'm concerned.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:22 AM
Serene Highness

I saw the story of the Cambridges visiting Meghan and Harry on Easter Sunday. I read the Twitter response to Omid's tweet and it has been brutal. No one believes the visit. Those stories over the weekend were wrecking balls to perceptions and reputations.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:02 AM
Commoner

Is Omid the type to run something utterly untrue? I get the impression he's more professional than that but that's just it, my impression. I think I'm a bit off topic with that in the baby thread at any rate.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
So, Omid reports that Cambridges had a nice visit over Easter with Sussexes. I only know of him through what people have said here so don't know his style to judge but if true, that one went a bit under the radar. Maybe because it doesn't fit the 'big fight' narrative?? I saw one reporter tweeting his complaint that no-one would talk about the 'big fight'. Maaaybe that's because there wasn't any fight at all and it's all tabloid junk bird cage liner from start to finish to try and provoke a response. Any response at all. So much codswallop as far as I'm concerned.
I have the same opinion.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course the "fight" was just tabloid tv and print journalism from the DM, fox news, Enquirer and such sensational sources. They have to whip up a story to keep interest. They really love "cat fights", two women fighting. They usually pick Kate, Camilla or Megan against the Queen!
Old 04-26-2019, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Of course the "fight" was just tabloid tv and print journalism from the DM, fox news, Enquirer and such sensational sources. They have to whip up a story to keep interest. They really love "cat fights", two women fighting. They usually pick Kate, Camilla or Megan against the Queen!
The narrative changed a long time ago--it has been William and Harry who are Feuding, not their wives.

I think it is all a greatly exaggerated tale based on some small fragment of truth that was embellished and melded with other stories without truth.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
You’ll never read a story about Tim Laurence and Prince Edward quarreling. If you do, wake me when it’s over.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Commoner

That's very true. Pretty funny too! They never run stories about any of the women having fights with Anne either. Probably because everyone knows there's only one way that would end!

It was good to see Harry and Kate together at the Anzac service. William would have been there too had it not been for the Christchurch killings. Harry is looking happy and I can only imagine how excited he must be. I wonder how long he will have off after the birth. I hope he will take a month at least. It would be good to see him take paternity leave.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I’ve not heard anything about Meghan knowing Omid. Didn’t someone post some kind of rumor about him having interviewed her before a few days ago? I still haven’t seen that receipt. There is all kinds of rumors some detractors have come up because Omid isn’t joining on some of the ridiculous narrative regarding Meghan, I’d have serious doubts unless there is verifiable evidence...
Why serious doubts? I actually read an old article in which Omid had spoken to Meghan about her career, well before she began dating Prince Harry. It was some months ago that I read it, and I can't locate it now, because there's so much junk on the Internet about Meghan and Harry, it's difficult to find the true gems. If I come across it again, I'll post it. If not, it makes no difference whether anyone believes it to be true or false.

I'm not sure what you are referencing regarding 'detractors' coming up with 'ridiculous narratives.' I've seen a number of references online where it's mentioned in a straightforward way, and not in a derogatory way, that Omid knows Markus Anderson. I doubt that it's out of the realm of possibility, since Markus knows a great many people involved in arts, fashion, food, design, entertainment, sports, politics, journalism, philanthropy, and aristocratic/ royal social circles.

In addition, IMO Omid is professional, above-board and generally very believable and candid in his reporting. It makes no difference who his friends or his sources are, in connection with how he conducts himself and approaches his reporting in a fair-minded fashion. At the same time, I doubt that he's against sometimes giving stories a bit of positive spin.

Quote:
And honestly given how close Markus is to Meghan, I’ve never seen any evidence of him remotely making himself more available to media due to Meghan. And doubt he’ll start with their new home.
Markus is very private, discreet and under-the-radar. That's why he has so many VIP friends. Of course, it will never be made public that Markus could be a source for providing info the Sussexes and/or other royals may wish to be released to the media. In any case, it doesn't have to be Markus. The Sussexes have a close-knit set of friends, any one of which appear to be more than willing to anonymously intercede with the media on their behalf, when/if asked to do so.

Quote:
Why is it that the media have to stretch so far to get any rumors of someone visiting Sussexes’ new home, and yet mere days after the Cambridges supposedly visit, Mirror and multiple outlets all have the story with details like who set it up? GMAB
I've only read Omid's account, which he also reported on Good Morning America earlier today. Omid didn't offer any details about who set the visit up. Why would the Cambridges' visit need to be 'set up' by intermediaries in the first place? The fact that this report about the visit came out is clearly because the royals wished for it to come out in order to counteract negative rumors about the status of their personal interactions. Ditto for the photo-op of Kate and Harry celebrating Anzac Day together.

The Cambridge visit to Frogmore and the release to the media is surely partly about p.r., and likely also about the foursome repairing any actual strains in their inter-familial relationships. It has often been noted that royal courtiers either cause or add to rumored tensions among certain royals. So, it's a good thing if the couples spent some private time together away from staff and out of sight of the prying eyes of the public.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, general news, meghan markle, prince harry