The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Coming from someone who is her age, its not odd that she isn't still besties with people she knew in high school. Or in contact with a huge amount of college friends. Besides maybe social media and the odd contact. We're talking decades. Adult friends are no less important.

That said she has 2 friends from her college days who are still constants in her life:

-Genevieve Hillis was her sorority sister at North Western. She was at the wedding and was one of the 2 hosts (with Serena) of the baby shower.

-Jill Roth- met in English class at North western. Meghan was her maid of honor

Adult friends:

-Benita Litt: Meghan is godmother to her 8 and 7 year old daughters (her bridesmaids). I doubt she was godmother right after she met, would think they likely have known each other 9-10 years at least
-Markus Anderson: they have been friends since 2012 (6 years pre-wedding)
-Heather Dorak: LA friend and pilates instructor, pre-dates Suits

Even her more famous friends she has known for some years. Certainly pre-Harry. They aren't 'ditching friends for celebrities when she met a Prince'.
Yep...I did a break down earlier today in this thread. I thought Benitta was also from NorthWestern.

Old 04-13-2019, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
Yep...I did a break down earlier today in this thread. I thought Benitta was also from NorthWestern.
I just went back and saw your post. I have seen no sign that Benita went to NW with Meghan and the other 2. I may have missed it

Just a note Rylan and Remi are not twins. They are a year apart.

Old 04-13-2019, 01:46 PM
Nobility

I was wondering why this uncle has all this photo's of Baby Meghan; then I realised he is granny Jeanette's son. That's where he got the photo's, from his late mother's album.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes.... Heather own Pilates studies, no yoga. Thanks for that correction and they have known each other for well over a decade. I remember Meghan and her had an anniversary dinner on her IG celebrating that milestone and this was pre her ex Corey, IIRC.

There was a picture of Meghan, Heather, Lindsey, and the ex friend Ninaki floating around which was to show how three era's of Meghan's life came together for her big day (childhood BFF, college BFF, and post college BFF). None of them famous, including Meghan at the time.

It is also interesting how Ninaki not only stopped being friends with Meghan but no longer was friends with any of them because she sided with the ex. People grow apart and you meet knew people due to life changes.

It is all very normal.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I just went back and saw your post. I have seen no sign that Benita went to NW with Meghan and the other 2. I may have missed it

Just a note Rylan and Remi are not twins. They are a year apart.
I used to follow her instagram and The Tig website while she was on Suits, but you may be correct. I know there were 2 or 3 from NW, but Benitta may be the one she met in LA after college. So it was Genevieve, Lindsay and someone else I'm missing.

GAH...yes, they are not twins. Thank you!
Old 04-13-2019, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan meet Benita after she moved back home from college. I don't think Benita went to NU. She was an entertainment lawyer and I think that is how they crossed paths very early in her career via her ex husband.

Genevieve and Lindsey are the most visible of the Northwestern friends but there could be others. Most people didn't even know Genevieve existed until Gayle King named her on CBS Today. Though many of her followers were well aware of her. Again the press only cares about the celebrities but those aren't the core makeup of her group.

Fun fact: Meghan, Lindsay, Genevieve, and Benita were the founders of The Tig. It was Meghan's "baby" but if you go back and really look you would see how involved those other ladies were helping her launch it. And her other friends contributed in others ways as well. They have always been there for Meghan.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Meghan meet Benita after she moved back home from college. I don't think Benita went to NU. She was an entertainment lawyer and I think that is how they crossed paths very early in her career via her ex husband.

Genevieve and Lindsey are the most visible of the Northwestern friends but there could be others. Most people didn't even know Genevieve existed until Gayle King named her on CBS Today. Though many of her followers were well aware of her. Again the press only cares about the celebrities but those aren't the core makeup of her group.

Fun fact: Meghan, Lindsay, Genevieve, and Benita were the founders of The Tig. It was Meghan's "baby" but if you go back and really look you would see how involved those other ladies were helping her launch it. And her other friends contributed in others ways as well. They have always been there for Meghan.
Yeah, that's how I know about Genevieve, Lindsay and Benitta. There are many who like to say no one knew who Meghan was before Harry, but there were a few million of us who were following her since her inception on Suits.

I know The Tig is archived, but I so miss that site.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:23 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the clarifications on her friends!
Old 04-13-2019, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm going to throw a bit of a twist into "family" being invited to a wedding here.

I married for the first time at 20 years old. My mother and father threw the wedding and reception and relatives from both sides, aunts, uncles and cousins by the dozens were invited. The same for the groom's side. This marriage ended after 20 years.

Now, lets say for my second wedding I was marrying someone as high profile as Harry is. The dynamics have changed in the family and most likely it would have been me and the groom creating the list of invites with the Queen and Charles having an input. Once the engagement was announced, there were quite a few people delving into her personal family tree and we've got some of that information in threads here. Its very possible that "family" who shared DNA with me would have come out of the woodwork. I wouldn't know any of them to classify them as "family" in my eyes. See, I was adopted at three weeks old and have no blood relation to anyone I called my family.

To me, family is someone that you're close to. We adopt family members over the years that we're the closest to. My kids have "other mothers" and "aunts" and "uncles" because they're close to these people. Although I know I have a birth mother somewhere and I silently thank her for allowing me to have the family I grew up with, I would never consider her my mom. If anyone came forward claiming a DNA relationship with me, I'd classify them in the same category I think of the e(strange)d Markle family members as being in.

Riding someone's coat tails for one's own ego is not what "family" does. This, to me differentiates why Meghan included some people to be at her wedding to Harry and why some never made the list at all.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Part 2 of the Meghan Chroniclers by Uncle Joe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...le-flower.html

This story had a truly different take. Uncle Joe is signing Doris's praises poetrayong her as a mother who taught her values passed down from her grandmother. And Doria asks for nothing in return. The Markles demand that they gain an all access pass to Buckingham Palace and luxe life because Dad paid for her education.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not going to give the Fail clicks but from what you've posted, it does describe Doria wonderfully and we see those qualities in Meghan today. It doesn't surprise me one bit that Meghan and her mother are so extremely close.

No one has ever been successful in knocking Doria down or finding fault with her. She's a woman comfortable in her own skin and carries herself with dignity and grace. Meghan learned well from her in my eyes.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

One thing we can say is that if Meghan wasn't sure about her feelings on Uncle Joe, she certainly knows what to think of him now.
There'll always be one relative who uses their relatives newfound royal associations for their own 15 minutes of fame, sadly. As others have said we've seen it with Catherine in the early years of her marriage to William and with royals both in the UK and Europe (one that comes to mind from across the continent is Queen Letizia's charming aunt Henar).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

One thing I have noticed is that Samantha has not openly attacked Meghan's defenders as she has in the past. She may be working on her "books" where she claims they are not hit pieces but they are not fluff (her words). Sure Jan. Now she has to compete with a maternal family member not only for tabloid dollars but also can put out a counter narrative to anything she says or writes. Uncle Joe could potentially debunk three plus years of a negative narrative about Meghan from the Markles and provide receipts (proof) of their own issues. It's probably why DM is serializing his story. Uncle Joe is a new angle.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

You do know that all that supposition only relates to the people that read tabloids. Next up: Meghan spotted in an Arkansas woman's grilled cheese.

Tabloid fodder is *never* to be taken seriously.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Are we still debating on about who got invited to the wedding and who didnt and how that is a damning indictment on Meghan's character? Sigh.

Meghan had several, several long time friends at the wedding who are not celebs. The ones that were have either been friends with Meg for years and years, even pre-dating her stardom, OR ones those that followed her closely knew about. Including Amal. There were rumors her and Meg grew close back in 2017. The only true surprise was Oprah tbh. And it seems that may actually be a Harry connect now (my guess? through the Obamas).

Most of the other celebs at the wedding were friends of Harry's that are well documented to those of us who follow him and/or celebs heavily associated with his charities--also well known to those who follow him.

As far as we know (withholding the rumors about her niece and others who were supposedly there on the DL), Doria was the only family member. This is some grand indictment against Meghan even though it was ONLY Doria and Thomas at her first wedding as well---somehow you never hear these relatives complain about not being there! And Doria would have been joined by Meghan's father had he not gone off on his shenanigans.

It doesn't matter how many people you can fit into your wedding location, you only have to invite who you want. I have a lot of family. A massive family. I am estranged from some, but simply just not close to most. And you know what? I would not invite them to any wedding of mine. Its not even that I have hard feelings toward most of them. For me, they are just not central to my life. The same seems to be true for Meghan. Nothing wrong with that or those of us who prize close friends over blood.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This thread is not about Meghan's friends - let's get back on-topic. If you wish to discuss the guests who attended Harry and Meghan's wedding, please take it to the their wedding thread.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:26 AM
Courtier

The new story about Meghan as a child, from Uncle Joe, has been published but it is not mean. It doesn't detract from her or her family. The pictures of Meghan as a baby are sweet and interesting to see at this time - though perhaps her privacy has been breached.
Do you think the Uncle indicated to Meghan that he would release the album?
Do you know for sure that he was paid?
My opinion is that the pictures were better kept private but I don't think Harry and Meghan will be too worried. They have more pressing things to think of.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
The new story about Meghan as a child, from Uncle Joe, has been published but it is not mean. It doesn't detract from her or her family. The pictures of Meghan as a baby are sweet and interesting to see at this time - though perhaps her privacy has been breached.
Do you think the Uncle indicated to Meghan that he would release the album?
Do you know for sure that he was paid?
My opinion is that the pictures were better kept private but I don't think Harry and Meghan will be too worried. They have more pressing things to think of.
They havenít spoken in nearly 20 years as he indicated himself LAST TIME he did this right after the engagement announcement, so I would say no he didnít phone them to ask if itís ok. And I doubt they would say itís ok if theyíve been asked.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

@King of the Jungle - in the first series of photos Uncle Joe was asked why he was releasing the photos; he said it was time to show the world the other side of Meghan's family , "the positive side, not the degenerative.....alluding to the constant swirl of scandal surrounding her paternal relatives including her father and half brother and sister". I feel bad for the Markles who have stayed out of the fray because it looks like their reputations have taken a hit because of Dad, Jr and Sam. It also shows the tabloids never had any respect for the Markles. Dad Jr and Sam were assets to be used to sell that Meghan is a person of low character ; look at her immediate scandal ridden paternal family as proof. I saw comments stating their behavior is evidence of what kind of person Meghan is. DM is running this story to keep it fresh.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

I think out of Samantha, Thomas Sr and Thomas Jr, also Thomas Jr's son, Tyler has given interviews. He was in a weird reality show about 'royals', and did nothing but talk about Meghan, even though they hadn't had any contact in over a decade. His mother, Jr's ex-wife also gave interviews, snd hasn't seen Meghan in two decades. Then there was a joint interview from multiple markles, who were all expecting a wedding invitation, even though they hadn't seen Meghan in two decades either. All the markles have given interviews to various degrees.

Also, how were the Markle's disrespected? None of their stories were ever questioned, the publications printed their words like they were the Markle diaries. Meghan was painted like a horrible person based on their words. No one forced them to give one interview,they were more than willing to. So I fail to feel sorry for them if they were 'used'.

Meghan's uncle sold his and Doria's Mother's photo album. Not his. The pictures weren't his to sell. He just gave a flimsy excuse why he sold out the second time his niece he had been in no contact since 2000. No one asked him to, and again, he has no contact with Meghan or Doria.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, general news, meghan markle, prince harry