The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 04-05-2019, 07:45 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,139
Again a big headline about the cost, but in the article, it's just guess work. Added, that Harry obviously paid for this with his own money, so it shouldn't matter to anyone.

It sounds a lot like her baby shower story, which turned out to be complete fabrication.
__________________

  #322  
Old 04-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Again a big headline about the cost, but in the article, it's just guess work. Added, that Harry obviously paid for this with his own money, so it shouldn't matter to anyone.

It sounds a lot like her baby shower story, which turned out to be complete fabrication.
Wasn’t there also a story last week about how the move to Frogmore Cottage has been delayed so much because Meghan and Harry are so difficult that it might not be ready before the baby comes? Yea.
__________________

  #323  
Old 04-05-2019, 01:13 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post


They sure had a busy weekend. We are to believe that they were in London late Friday night and moved to Windsor as well as spent a weekend away at this estate?

Ok Emily!

But all that aside, what a beautiful property!
Right? I really don't believe her because she has been way off in her so called scoops lately. The baby shower being the most glaring one.

That said this whole thing read like an ad for the hotel. They had someone come in and take pictures of the rooms? I feel like in her quest for a story she got had by their PR company.

Anyways nice to see the Sussexes recognized the online baby shower.
  #324  
Old 04-05-2019, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Wasnít there also a story last week about how the move to Frogmore Cottage has been delayed so much because Meghan and Harry are so difficult that it might not be ready before the baby comes? Yea.
Yes.
I also don't believe this story, but even if true, it's a non story, which Emily tried to make something out of. So Sussexes spent 3 days in a hotel before moving in. Maybe they stayed in a hotel, so the movers could freely move their stuff into Frogmore cottage and Meghan wouldn't feel in the way, being 9 months pregnant and all.
  #325  
Old 04-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Ista's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 1,860
I can't imagine why this is a story. Whether Harry and Meghan did or did not go on a very very expensive vacation before the birth of their baby, it is absolutely no one's business but their own. They have the money, why not? It's hardly likely to be the last time they go on an expensive holiday--they are very wealthy people.
  #326  
Old 04-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
The woman who runs the wellness store is a midwife so obviously getting all the advice and help she needs. Oils most certainly helped me through my pregnancy. It is not all hippy s*** has someone described. Just a healthy alternative to drugs.
Same. Although Iím fully on board with modern medicine, sometimes itís nice to use natural remedies.

I wonder what she got???
  #327  
Old 04-05-2019, 04:42 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,264
A number of insulting comments directed at a royal reporter have been deleted, so I think it's time to remind members of one of the rules that we established regarding the Sussex threads.

Quote:
Any posts that feature any of the below will be removed by a member of the moderating team:
  • Insulting comments directed towards the royals, other posters, the Markles or members of the media.
Also, can we please not rehash the baby shower again.
__________________
  #328  
Old 04-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Left Edge of A Continent, United States
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
"HEIR BIG SPENDER Meghan Markle and Prince Harry went on a three-night £33k Ďbabymooní with romantic walks and cosy dinners."

Emily Andrews is sure having fun with this one on Twitter.
I'm not sure I want to support false stories about the Sussexes so I probably won't read Emily's articles, but could the truth of the matter be that they stayed in the hotel because they'd moved their stuff out of NottCott, only to find that Frogmore Cottage wasn't quite ready yet (appliances not connected, finishes and carpets still outgassing too much, beds not assembled, etc.)?

This is the first time either of them has moved into a newly-built or -remodeled home and they may not understand all the loose ends that can be left...
  #329  
Old 04-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 10,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oona View Post
I'm not sure I want to support false stories about the Sussexes so I probably won't read Emily's articles, but could the truth of the matter be that they stayed in the hotel because they'd moved their stuff out of NottCott, only to find that Frogmore Cottage wasn't quite ready yet (appliances not connected, finishes and carpets still outgassing too much, beds not assembled, etc.)?

This is the first time either of them has moved into a newly-built or -remodeled home and they may not understand all the loose ends that can be left...
These are not teenagers moving out for the first time. Even if it is their first new house. They aren't a couple whose lease is running out and they rush to move into their new home while the paint is still drying. They would ensure that everything was ready to go, like appliances and fixtures. Certainly the contractors and likely designers/workers decorating, wouldn't have told them the house was ready if it wasn't. If you are working on a home for the royals, you will likely quadruple check everything before you sign off. And the appliances and fixtures would have been done, before the okay was for everything to move in.

If the home was delayed, they would have stayed at Notts. Its doubful most of the furniture in their new home isnt new. Or even at Windsor. They didn't go to an expensive hotel due to lack of housing.


IF, and I stress IF they went (and I doubt it) was for vacation purposes.
  #330  
Old 04-05-2019, 11:15 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Left Edge of A Continent, United States
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
These are not teenagers moving out for the first time. Even if it is their first new house. They aren't a couple whose lease is running out and they rush to move into their new home while the paint is still drying. They would ensure that everything was ready to go, like appliances and fixtures. Certainly the contractors and likely designers/workers decorating, wouldn't have told them the house was ready if it wasn't. If you are working on a home for the royals, you will likely quadruple check everything before you sign off. And the appliances and fixtures would have been done, before the okay was for everything to move in.

If the home was delayed, they would have stayed at Notts. Its doubful most of the furniture in their new home isnt new. Or even at Windsor. They didn't go to an expensive hotel due to lack of housing.


IF, and I stress IF they went (and I doubt it) was for vacation purposes.
I disagree.

I've enjoyed and learned from your previous posts, Countessmeout, and I look forward to doing the same from your future posts.
  #331  
Old 04-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oona View Post
I disagree.

I've enjoyed and learned from your previous posts, Countessmeout, and I look forward to doing the same from your future posts.
What do you disagree with?

They may have taken a "babymoon" somewhere fairly recently but I doubt it was last weekend if they were moving into Frogmore. And if I just moved into a new home, the last thing I'd want to do is leave it to stay elsewhere already.
  #332  
Old 04-05-2019, 11:27 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 10,416
Quote:
I disagree.
I would love to know how you think designers paid tons of money to decorate the home would leave it undone for the couple. Please share
  #333  
Old 04-05-2019, 11:53 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Left Edge of A Continent, United States
Posts: 33
Frogmore cottage could have been unready because paints and finishes can take over a month to cure and quit outgassing, and if you're sensitive you can react to what others can't smell. Carpets and underpadding can also outgas for over a month. Sensitive people will also react to that. I know someone who reacts to latex paint for more than a month but isn't bothered by a sink full of Comet with bleach. It doesn't make any sense to me, but it's true.

I don't know if the restrictions to Grade II listed properties only extend to the external appearance of a property, or to the internal as well. It could be that one of the final inspections for anything was delayed unexpectedly, delaying settling in.

And even if furniture isn't new it sometimes has to be at least partially disassembled before moving.
  #334  
Old 04-06-2019, 12:08 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 10,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oona View Post
Frogmore cottage could have been unready because paints and finishes can take over a month to cure and quit outgassing, and if you're sensitive you can react to what others can't smell. Carpets and underpadding can also outgas for over a month. Sensitive people will also react to that. I know someone who reacts to latex paint for more than a month but isn't bothered by a sink full of Comet with bleach. It doesn't make any sense to me, but it's true.

I don't know if the restrictions to Grade II listed properties only extend to the external appearance of a property, or to the internal as well. It could be that one of the final inspections for anything was delayed unexpectedly, delaying settling in.

And even if furniture isn't new it sometimes has to be at least partially disassembled before moving. You would think that the people involved would have forseen these things, but then you would think that Brexit negotiators would have worked out how financial products companies will pass the data they need to conduct business to and from the UK across an external EU border. But, with the original deadline 5 days behind us, they haven't.

Dumb things happen where you wouldn't think they would.
Yes rennovations take longer, no doubt

If the house wasn't ready, they wouldn't move, plain and simple. Did Nott cottage burn down? Were new renters moving in? Did the queen have the locks changed? No. If they had to wait three days or three weeks to move, they still had a home. There was no need for them to be in a hotel.

What I meant by furniture is they aren't renters. They aren't people who pack up their house and move into a new home. They aren't going to be frantically searching boxes for a coffee mug.

I get the impression you are picturing House hunters, where a couple buys a new house and they accept keys to an empty house. This isn't the case. The house will be not only built, but will be decorated and ready for them. Other then their personal items they have with them in London to bring.

I doubt anything but clothes and some personal items came from London. Nott is going to be their base in London. It will need furnishing.
  #335  
Old 04-06-2019, 01:19 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Left Edge of A Continent, United States
Posts: 33
I thought I heard they were going to have an apartment somewhere else in London than NottCott. I assumed that cottage was going to be used by staffers dislocated in the shuffle until other royals move in. In that case I just can't picture Harry telling them to bugger off for a few days. He'd take Meghan to a hotel for the few days necessary and treat her. NottCott is pretty small to have children in, plus your luggage and garment steamers, makeup table, etc., even for a night or two.


I need to get better at emojis. I know this one This is for you. I found it when I couldn't sleep one night. I saw the normal one, but I forgot what it is :dumb:
Edited to add: Guess who has the dumb tonight? Yeah. I do!

Okay. I just read the tweets from the royal reporter who made up the story of the "vacation," and I don't buy it.

Like Meghan, I'm from California. I know what LA's bikini weather is like. My best friend lives in east Wiltshire, less than thirty miles from where Meghan's "vacation" took place. I know what the weather is like there at this time of year. In fact it's been rainy and foggy this last week. For a California girl that's not a vacation. That's a depressing romp through damp, clammy terrain, no matter how fancy the estate is. No matter how expensive the room, the sky looks like a damp, stale dishrag and the fog limps depressingly among dripping trees and muddy cattle. You couldn't pay me to let you haul my heavily pregnant belly over the B roads for that. Better to stay in London and watch the traffic.

I don't believe this story at all. It sounds like something made up by a Brit who doesn't understand California natives.
  #336  
Old 04-06-2019, 02:10 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Left Edge of A Continent, United States
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
They released a pic of them tagging a bull elephant in Botswana from the summer before the engagement



https://scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com
Was that trip in January 2017, or the July/August 2017 trip to Botswana and Zambia for her birthday, where he must have given her the diptych, Everybody Needs Somebody To Love?
  #337  
Old 04-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 13,818
When it comes to Harry and Meghan and what they do and where they go on their own private time, we're never really going to have the absolute facts unless they deem to share them with us.

Why they went there on a "babymoon" could have a simple explanation such as it has a private in room large sized jacuzzi walk in bathtub where Meghan spent a good amount of time just soaking in those aromatic oils she recently purchased. We just don't know and probably never will know.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #338  
Old 04-06-2019, 09:52 AM
Ista's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 1,860
Agreed. And I'll add that we don't need to know, which is one of the problems when a royal accumulates a dedicated fandom. The lines become very blurred on what is and is not private.
  #339  
Old 04-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 481
... or maybe they took this "babymoon" to give the Movers space to move their belongings from Nott Cott to Frogmore Cott.

  #340  
Old 04-06-2019, 11:56 AM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,264
A number of off-topic comments about politics have been deleted.

If you wish to continue the discussion about Frogmore Cottage, please take it to the Sussex Residences threads.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, general news, meghan markle, prince harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 2: December 2018 - February 2019 soapstar Current Events Archive 675 02-20-2019 05:26 PM




Popular Tags
alqasimi archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy armenia belgian royal family birthday celebration bracelets charles of wales christian ix countess of snowdon crown prince hussein's future wife current events cypher cyprus denmark discuss„o duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of wessex family search felipe vi french revolution future wife of prince hussein genealogy general news germany hamdan bin mohammed head of the house headship jack brooksbank lady louise mountbatten-windsor letter lineage lithuania lithuanian palaces marriage meghan markle mohammed vi monaco christening monarchism mountbatten naples nelson mandela bay official visit patron prince harry prince laurent prince of wales prince peter princess benedikte princess claire princess louise princess royal qe2 queen paola romanov family royal tour rumania shakespeare siblings spain spanish royal state visit state visit to denmark sweden united kingdom usa windy city



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises