The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 07:45 AM
Serene Highness

Again a big headline about the cost, but in the article, it's just guess work. Added, that Harry obviously paid for this with his own money, so it shouldn't matter to anyone.

It sounds a lot like her baby shower story, which turned out to be complete fabrication.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Again a big headline about the cost, but in the article, it's just guess work. Added, that Harry obviously paid for this with his own money, so it shouldn't matter to anyone.

It sounds a lot like her baby shower story, which turned out to be complete fabrication.
Wasn’t there also a story last week about how the move to Frogmore Cottage has been delayed so much because Meghan and Harry are so difficult that it might not be ready before the baby comes? Yea.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post

They sure had a busy weekend. We are to believe that they were in London late Friday night and moved to Windsor as well as spent a weekend away at this estate?

Ok Emily!

But all that aside, what a beautiful property!
Right? I really don't believe her because she has been way off in her so called scoops lately. The baby shower being the most glaring one.

That said this whole thing read like an ad for the hotel. They had someone come in and take pictures of the rooms? I feel like in her quest for a story she got had by their PR company.

Anyways nice to see the Sussexes recognized the online baby shower.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Wasnít there also a story last week about how the move to Frogmore Cottage has been delayed so much because Meghan and Harry are so difficult that it might not be ready before the baby comes? Yea.
Yes.
I also don't believe this story, but even if true, it's a non story, which Emily tried to make something out of. So Sussexes spent 3 days in a hotel before moving in. Maybe they stayed in a hotel, so the movers could freely move their stuff into Frogmore cottage and Meghan wouldn't feel in the way, being 9 months pregnant and all.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

I can't imagine why this is a story. Whether Harry and Meghan did or did not go on a very very expensive vacation before the birth of their baby, it is absolutely no one's business but their own. They have the money, why not? It's hardly likely to be the last time they go on an expensive holiday--they are very wealthy people.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
The woman who runs the wellness store is a midwife so obviously getting all the advice and help she needs. Oils most certainly helped me through my pregnancy. It is not all hippy s*** has someone described. Just a healthy alternative to drugs.
Same. Although Iím fully on board with modern medicine, sometimes itís nice to use natural remedies.

I wonder what she got???
Old 04-05-2019, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

A number of insulting comments directed at a royal reporter have been deleted, so I think it's time to remind members of one of the rules that we established regarding the Sussex threads.

Quote:
Any posts that feature any of the below will be removed by a member of the moderating team:
  • Insulting comments directed towards the royals, other posters, the Markles or members of the media.
Also, can we please not rehash the baby shower again.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
"HEIR BIG SPENDER Meghan Markle and Prince Harry went on a three-night £33k Ďbabymooní with romantic walks and cosy dinners."

Emily Andrews is sure having fun with this one on Twitter.
I'm not sure I want to support false stories about the Sussexes so I probably won't read Emily's articles, but could the truth of the matter be that they stayed in the hotel because they'd moved their stuff out of NottCott, only to find that Frogmore Cottage wasn't quite ready yet (appliances not connected, finishes and carpets still outgassing too much, beds not assembled, etc.)?

This is the first time either of them has moved into a newly-built or -remodeled home and they may not understand all the loose ends that can be left...
Old 04-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oona View Post
I'm not sure I want to support false stories about the Sussexes so I probably won't read Emily's articles, but could the truth of the matter be that they stayed in the hotel because they'd moved their stuff out of NottCott, only to find that Frogmore Cottage wasn't quite ready yet (appliances not connected, finishes and carpets still outgassing too much, beds not assembled, etc.)?

This is the first time either of them has moved into a newly-built or -remodeled home and they may not understand all the loose ends that can be left...
These are not teenagers moving out for the first time. Even if it is their first new house. They aren't a couple whose lease is running out and they rush to move into their new home while the paint is still drying. They would ensure that everything was ready to go, like appliances and fixtures. Certainly the contractors and likely designers/workers decorating, wouldn't have told them the house was ready if it wasn't. If you are working on a home for the royals, you will likely quadruple check everything before you sign off. And the appliances and fixtures would have been done, before the okay was for everything to move in.

If the home was delayed, they would have stayed at Notts. Its doubful most of the furniture in their new home isnt new. Or even at Windsor. They didn't go to an expensive hotel due to lack of housing.

IF, and I stress IF they went (and I doubt it) was for vacation purposes.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
These are not teenagers moving out for the first time. Even if it is their first new house. They aren't a couple whose lease is running out and they rush to move into their new home while the paint is still drying. They would ensure that everything was ready to go, like appliances and fixtures. Certainly the contractors and likely designers/workers decorating, wouldn't have told them the house was ready if it wasn't. If you are working on a home for the royals, you will likely quadruple check everything before you sign off. And the appliances and fixtures would have been done, before the okay was for everything to move in.

If the home was delayed, they would have stayed at Notts. Its doubful most of the furniture in their new home isnt new. Or even at Windsor. They didn't go to an expensive hotel due to lack of housing.

IF, and I stress IF they went (and I doubt it) was for vacation purposes.
I disagree.

I've enjoyed and learned from your previous posts, Countessmeout, and I look forward to doing the same from your future posts.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I disagree.

I've enjoyed and learned from your previous posts, Countessmeout, and I look forward to doing the same from your future posts.
What do you disagree with?

They may have taken a "babymoon" somewhere fairly recently but I doubt it was last weekend if they were moving into Frogmore. And if I just moved into a new home, the last thing I'd want to do is leave it to stay elsewhere already.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I disagree.
I would love to know how you think designers paid tons of money to decorate the home would leave it undone for the couple. Please share
Old 04-05-2019, 11:53 PM
Commoner

Frogmore cottage could have been unready because paints and finishes can take over a month to cure and quit outgassing, and if you're sensitive you can react to what others can't smell. Carpets and underpadding can also outgas for over a month. Sensitive people will also react to that. I know someone who reacts to latex paint for more than a month but isn't bothered by a sink full of Comet with bleach. It doesn't make any sense to me, but it's true.

I don't know if the restrictions to Grade II listed properties only extend to the external appearance of a property, or to the internal as well. It could be that one of the final inspections for anything was delayed unexpectedly, delaying settling in.

And even if furniture isn't new it sometimes has to be at least partially disassembled before moving.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Frogmore cottage could have been unready because paints and finishes can take over a month to cure and quit outgassing, and if you're sensitive you can react to what others can't smell. Carpets and underpadding can also outgas for over a month. Sensitive people will also react to that. I know someone who reacts to latex paint for more than a month but isn't bothered by a sink full of Comet with bleach. It doesn't make any sense to me, but it's true.

I don't know if the restrictions to Grade II listed properties only extend to the external appearance of a property, or to the internal as well. It could be that one of the final inspections for anything was delayed unexpectedly, delaying settling in.

And even if furniture isn't new it sometimes has to be at least partially disassembled before moving. You would think that the people involved would have forseen these things, but then you would think that Brexit negotiators would have worked out how financial products companies will pass the data they need to conduct business to and from the UK across an external EU border. But, with the original deadline 5 days behind us, they haven't.

Dumb things happen where you wouldn't think they would.
Yes rennovations take longer, no doubt

If the house wasn't ready, they wouldn't move, plain and simple. Did Nott cottage burn down? Were new renters moving in? Did the queen have the locks changed? No. If they had to wait three days or three weeks to move, they still had a home. There was no need for them to be in a hotel.

What I meant by furniture is they aren't renters. They aren't people who pack up their house and move into a new home. They aren't going to be frantically searching boxes for a coffee mug.

I get the impression you are picturing House hunters, where a couple buys a new house and they accept keys to an empty house. This isn't the case. The house will be not only built, but will be decorated and ready for them. Other then their personal items they have with them in London to bring.

I doubt anything but clothes and some personal items came from London. Nott is going to be their base in London. It will need furnishing.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:19 AM
Commoner

I thought I heard they were going to have an apartment somewhere else in London than NottCott. I assumed that cottage was going to be used by staffers dislocated in the shuffle until other royals move in. In that case I just can't picture Harry telling them to bugger off for a few days. He'd take Meghan to a hotel for the few days necessary and treat her. NottCott is pretty small to have children in, plus your luggage and garment steamers, makeup table, etc., even for a night or two.

I need to get better at emojis. I know this one This is for you. I found it when I couldn't sleep one night. I saw the normal one, but I forgot what it is :dumb:
Edited to add: Guess who has the dumb tonight? Yeah. I do!

Okay. I just read the tweets from the royal reporter who made up the story of the "vacation," and I don't buy it.

Like Meghan, I'm from California. I know what LA's bikini weather is like. My best friend lives in east Wiltshire, less than thirty miles from where Meghan's "vacation" took place. I know what the weather is like there at this time of year. In fact it's been rainy and foggy this last week. For a California girl that's not a vacation. That's a depressing romp through damp, clammy terrain, no matter how fancy the estate is. No matter how expensive the room, the sky looks like a damp, stale dishrag and the fog limps depressingly among dripping trees and muddy cattle. You couldn't pay me to let you haul my heavily pregnant belly over the B roads for that. Better to stay in London and watch the traffic.

I don't believe this story at all. It sounds like something made up by a Brit who doesn't understand California natives.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:10 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
They released a pic of them tagging a bull elephant in Botswana from the summer before the engagement

https://scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com
Was that trip in January 2017, or the July/August 2017 trip to Botswana and Zambia for her birthday, where he must have given her the diptych, Everybody Needs Somebody To Love?
Old 04-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When it comes to Harry and Meghan and what they do and where they go on their own private time, we're never really going to have the absolute facts unless they deem to share them with us.

Why they went there on a "babymoon" could have a simple explanation such as it has a private in room large sized jacuzzi walk in bathtub where Meghan spent a good amount of time just soaking in those aromatic oils she recently purchased. We just don't know and probably never will know.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-06-2019, 09:52 AM
Royal Highness

Agreed. And I'll add that we don't need to know, which is one of the problems when a royal accumulates a dedicated fandom. The lines become very blurred on what is and is not private.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Nobility

... or maybe they took this "babymoon" to give the Movers space to move their belongings from Nott Cott to Frogmore Cott.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

A number of off-topic comments about politics have been deleted.

If you wish to continue the discussion about Frogmore Cottage, please take it to the Sussex Residences threads.

Tags
duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, general news, meghan markle, prince harry