The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 08:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As long as it was in the "Member's Corner" area, I think it would work. Forum rules actually discourages us from promoting this kind of gossip and speculations so I don't see the moderators allowing it.

I think its mainly up to us to keep a level head and discriminate between stories that actually have some factual basis and bird cage liner stories. Although the Fail is notorious for its yellow journalism, I think I'd actually miss some links for the excellent photographs it publishes. Go figure.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just said on the Kate board, that the 'falling out with her besty' story sounded more like what the paps throw at Meghan. I guess I was right, she wasn't left out either. And Kate came out looking a lot better in her trash story.

The most unbelievable part is where 'his dear friends from childhood' were loose lipped and complained to the press about it. I don't see Skippy or any other close friend of Harry complaining to the media

Like Harry, Skippy is married (Meghan was at his wedding). When you get married your life starts changing. And your social set slowly does as well.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

And Skippy lives in America too but they are not close as they used to be. Tbh I never cared for Skippy. I prefer Adam Bidwell and Arthur Landon. They seem like nicer lads.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:53 PM
Royal Highness

I read on news .com that the source about dropping Tom Inskip from his circle of friends was -- The Sun.
Enough said. I don't know much about Tom Inskip only that they were long time friends & Meghan attended the wedding in Jamaica.
Back when Mark Borland was press secretary to Prince Charles in the 1990's he was quoted as once having said that Harry had revolting friends.
Who knows what relationship Harry and Tom have now. But young revolting spoilt boys do grow up and mature into nice young men. And naturally they grow apart as their own families and jobs drift them further away. It Doesn't mean they are dropped if they don't get the chance to see each other often.
If Tom Inskip is living abroad then obviously the chances of catching up are minimal.
When the ITN or ITV (i get the two mixed up) narrated Harry's wedding I am sure one of the hosts recognised Tom Inskip & his wife walking down the hill to the chapel.
Sounds like yet another made up story to me.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:06 PM
Nobility

I’ve never bought a copy of Tatler - clearly not posh enough, but its piece on Meghan says more about Britain’s self-aggrandizing, pompous elitists than it does about the Duchess of Sussex. Last I checked it’s 2019 not 1919. - Victoria Arbiter

https://twitter.com/victoriaarbiter/...84974414389249

The Tatler article is the grossest thing I've ever read.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Iíve never bought a copy of Tatler - clearly not posh enough, but its piece on Meghan says more about Britainís self-aggrandizing, pompous elitists than it does about the Duchess of Sussex. Last I checked itís 2019 not 1919. - Victoria Arbiter

https://twitter.com/victoriaarbiter/...84974414389249

The Tatler article is the grossest thing I've ever read.
could you provide a link to this article for the rest of us pretty please and thank you
Old 03-26-2019, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

The reports about her are just awful. From the get go I knew there would be lots of negative press about Meghan. People often speak disparagingly about things and people they are not use to.

Meghan is so different anyone who has ever married into the BRF.
She is older, a commoner- not from the British uppercrust, from a different culture, opinionated, and is biracial.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps there is a positive side to all this negativity and cyber bullying that seems to have plagued Meghan since her relationship with Harry became public knowledge.

Who better to set the example of not letting it all get to her and bring her down than Meghan? The more I watch and see and read the negatives popping up all over the place, what I don't see is Meghan reacting to it or playing into any of it and just going about her life doing what she's come to do. This shows me that she's a woman of strong character.

Frogmore Cottage is not the only thing in the lives of Meghan and Harry that is being soundproofed. Meghan learned a long time ago and has stated that its all nothing but "noise" and not worth rent free space in her head. She's got far more happy and positive things to focus on that really *do* matter.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:08 AM
Royal Highness

Good gravy, everyone who lives under the flight path to Heathrow would be Crazy Not to have soundproofing. It is the senseible thing to do.

I was going to say a week or two ago what a wonderful job I see Meghan doing as a Duchess. Heavily pregnant with many demands on her time. That being meetings about her duties and discussions about the reno. Dress fittings etc.etc.
Americans should be very proud of her. She has done well and I think she is fitting into the BRFamily very well.
I don't take much notice of the negative press anymore as I've seen it ALL BEFORE. With Diana and Fergie, and everyone else who have married into the family. And yet they just get on with it and become valued members of the firm.
JMHO.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

The thing that gets me is that its very possible that after Harry and Meghan became engaged, they could have asked the Queen for leeway to have a "transition period" for Meghan to adapt and become acclimated to her new family and her new role and start a family which basically would have been like sending Meghan to "princess school" for the first year or so and being seen in public trailing Harry's footsteps (which I'm pretty sure HM would have agreed to). This wasn't the case.

I'm with Tarlita and echo the sentiment that Meghan has done an excellent job so far and has done a dive rating 9.3 points (she *is* still learning) into the royal pool and swimming along with the rest of the "Firm".

To find a life partner with the baggage that Harry comes with seemed to be an insurmountable thing once upon a time but Harry hit the the biggest lottery of all by finding someone that actually fit the mold of being his "other half" in both his public and his personal life with Meghan finding her "other half" that completes her and also fulfills in her the desire she's had all along to make a difference in this world.

I do honestly think that this couple reminds me of the tale of The Three Little Pigs. All the huffing and puffing by the big, bad wolves will *not* blow this family down. Their bricks around them are being innudated by strong winds but after being tempered by fire so much, the bricks keep the castle nice and secure and cozy.

Old 03-27-2019, 04:06 AM
Royal Highness

I love the three little pigs analogy so very very good Osipi.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Harry and Meghan has sent Daphne Dunne a Birthday Card for her 99th Birthday-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gertsroya...81417102811136

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-29-2019, 09:13 AM
Royal Highness

The reality is that Meghan, having moved to a new country and quit her former profession, she's unable to maintain her close connection to former buddies like Rick Hoffman (they were friends on and off the set of Suits). In addition, Meghan surely can't maintain as close a connection with most of the other cast members, producers and crew from Suits. In fact, it was indicated that none of the Suits cast members, aside from former guest star, Abigail Spencer, attended the evening wedding reception at Frogmore last May. I would imagine that's mostly due to the fact that Meghan had to make cut-off choices for the evening guest list which was only 200 vs the 600 guests at the wedding ceremony and Windsor Castle reception.

Aside from Rick Hoffman, Meghan was also very close to Sarah Rafferty of Suits. While Rafferty and her husband were not invited to the evening wedding reception, Rafferty did attend Meghan's baby shower in NY, so they are clearly still in contact. And Meghan may still briefly correspond with a few other former friends and acquaintances, but the relationships are not the same for her, aside from her nearest and dearest. So why should everything remain exactly the same for Prince Harry regarding his friendships?

I would not be surprsed if Prince Harry no longer has as much in common with 'Skippy,' especially seeing as he was a running and drinking buddy in pubs and nightclubs during most of Harry's 20s. In fact, Skippy was married himself in 2017, so perhaps his lifestyle and interests have diverged as well. That's not unusual.

Pic of Tom & Lara Inskip walking to St. George's Chapel for H&Ms wedding:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/69/8b...444ee3c016.jpg
Old 03-29-2019, 09:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
And Meghan may still briefly correspond with a few other former friends and acquaintances, but the relationships are not the same for her, aside from her nearest and dearest. So why should everything remain exactly the same for Prince Harry regarding his friendships?
/url]
Not sure I understand your point. Just because Meghan has had to move country and is no longer in her old profession, a conscience choice she made, why should Harry have to give up his friendships?
Old 03-29-2019, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The thing that gets me is that its very possible that after Harry and Meghan became engaged, they could have asked the Queen for leeway to have a "transition period" for Meghan to adapt and become acclimated to her new family and her new role and start a family which basically would have been like sending Meghan to "princess school" for the first year or so and being seen in public trailing Harry's footsteps (which I'm pretty sure HM would have agreed to). This wasn't the case...
My take is that a transition period is not what Meghan herself desired. She may even have been counseled to take a bit of time to settle into married life first, but I believe she and Harry were preparing throughout their courtship to define and to mold the shape they saw their lives taking. Meghan was early on granted access to Harry's personal staff and to his mentor, Mark Dyer, and to Dyer's American wife. In this way, Meghan was learning throughout the courtship about what her royal role would entail. And even despite her busy career filming Suits and nurturing her relationship with Harry, Meghan likely soaked up knowledge about all manner of royal protocol and the ins-and-outs of royal life and royal duties. It's obvious to me that Meghan is a fast learner, and she's also reportedly very organized and hands-on about anything she sets her mind to accomplish.

Even had Meghan taken the slow 'transition period' route, she would still have been highly scrutinized, and btw, skewered by the media for taking it easy, indulging in royal perks, not wanting to work, being difficult and lazy, not supporting her husband, etc., etc.

I do love your "Three Pigs" analogy. So aptly worded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Not sure I understand your point. Just because Meghan has had to move country and is no longer in her old profession, a conscience choice she made, why should Harry have to give up his friendships?
I don't mean he has to 'give up his friendships.' I mean that such unavoidable loosening of former friendship bonds naturally occurs. If it's occurring for one member of a married couple who are both forging new interests together, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't equally occur for both. And I would imagine this is bound to happen, the more friends that both parties have. Habits and lifestyle pursuits change and adjustments are made, inevitably and naturally, not necessarily purposely.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:

Oh, that's so sweet of them. It was lovely to see how the old lady reacted - these are the things important for people and not all those ugly speculations about Meghan's character.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Also Skippy lives in DC. They moved there after they got married.

I couldn't agree more. I love that they did this under the quiet. None of the tabloids announcing an intention to do so.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
Thank you for the link. I nearly cried watching it. That was very kind of them especially as they have busy lives at the moment. The family will cherish that card.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Isn't this kind of thing what its all really about? Making a difference? One person at a time? Too little attention has been paid to these kind of heart warming stories and there are many, many of them that never make the news. Its these kind of stories I'd prefer to see and read about.

I wish Daphne a full recovery from pneumonia and that she'll be at the front of the pack the next time Harry and Meghan land in Australia.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:09 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

To avoid duplicate discussion, posts about the charity donations for Baby Sussex have been moved to the Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019 and double-up posts removed.

Tags
duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, general news, meghan markle, prince harry