The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 08:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think there may come a time in the future where communication between Meghan and her father is reestablished but it will be done privately and not make any front pages on any tabloid or media sites. In fact, I would wager that even Samantha will not be aware of it.

Too much has happened to expect Meghan to bring Tom Sr. into the fold in the UK grandchild or no grandchild. Meghan knows how seriously the British royal family takes their security and their privacy and with being part of that, she will probably realize that this is the way things need to be.

With Grandpa in Rosario, Mexico, there may be photo swapping and perhaps video chatting so Grandpa can see his grandchild on a secure connection and as Tom seems relatively OK with living in Mexico away from *all* his kids and grandkids, this could be a happy resolution.

We'll see what what happens but then again, maybe we won't.
I'm going to use a Meghan quote here "I fundamentally disagree" I don't understand why Meghan would be expected to go through such lengths to have a relationship with her father, nor do I think she should be expected to subject her child to this mess. Meghan's father has made it very clear that his pride/ego/pocket lining $$, come before everything else including the well being of his child (one that he helped raise). There is no telling what he would do with information on a child he isn't even that vested in except for the money said child could bring to him. His own child wrote him a heart felt letter asking him to stop going to the media so they could work on their relationship and his response was fine, give me a photo op. He would not be good for baby sussex.

On a different note, about reading materials. Meghan likes to do her homework, that is clear so it wouldn't surprise me if she has read up on the BRF, the UK, Commonwealth etc. She typically knows details about her engagements before she arrives so I would assume she reads up on things having to do with them or the topics they cover. She made it clear she was reading/watching documentaries to prep for her IWD panel.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:12 AM
Nobility

There's no way that by the time Harry and Megan decided they were serious enough for a long distance relationship that she hadn't done some research on the BRF etc. You don't rearrange your life on a whim.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
There's no way that by the time Harry and Megan decided they were serious enough for a long distance relationship that she hadn't done some research on the BRF etc. You don't rearrange your life on a whim.
I agree. Meghan is a very intelligent woman and I don't believe she just put on rose colored glasses and went along for the ride of love and glamour. We all would look into a "known" future life of marrying not only someone of a foreign country and being forced to move there but also a family who's every burp is publicized world wide. I am sure she believed she could handle just fine and probably would have without her Markle family starting their interviews. Still don't understand all that. But, that is another story. She will be fine and get the life that in the long run she wants. If she invited her father over to Frogmore after the child's birth, good if that is what he wants to calm him down. Can't see him being invited to Ascot with the Queen but probably Charles will bend over backwards to comply. If it is true that he is extremely ill, then maybe the poor guy should have his way for a weekend. I am not a lover of blackmail so that would never fly with me. Plus Samantha, no way. But, not my life and family.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I just keep thinking that if anyone knows Thomas Markle, Sr. the best out of all the opinions and speculations and even the facts that have been presented in this unholy mess, its Meghan. I trust that she knows best what to do, how to handle things and weigh all the possibilities before acting. She's a level headed person comfortable in her own skin and my speculation (and it *is* just a speculation) is that Meghan wouldn't be adverse to taking the high road and not carry grudges. Besides... grudges shed horribly.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-14-2019, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

I agree that it is Meghan's decision and the UK media is constantly bashing her for the way she is handling things which is a shame. She knows what is best for her and her family.

I don't see this as a grudge at all. It is perfectly okay to set boundaries to or end a relationship because you feel it isn't working for your or isn't healthy for you and your family and to still wish the other person well.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
... If she invited her father over to Frogmore after the child's birth, good if that is what he wants to calm him down... If it is true that he is extremely ill, then maybe the poor guy should have his way for a weekend...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I just keep thinking that if anyone knows Thomas Markle, Sr. ... it's Meghan. I trust that she knows best what to do... Meghan wouldn't be adverse to taking the high road and not carry grudges. Besides... grudges shed horribly.
Re Markle Sr, I think that at this point, it's a question of trust. If Markle Sr is fixated on money and 'photo-ops,' that's a problem. There's every indication that Meghan & Harry made every effort to include Markle Sr in the wedding. He even admitted as much in tv interviews, but he chose not to go to England a couple of weeks in advance to become acclimated. It's indeed a shame Markle Sr chose differently, with ill-advised influence from Samantha (which she also publicly admitted).

It's truly fortunate that throughout the courtship period in 2017, Markle Sr's whereabouts in Mexico were unknown to the paps and tabloids who were trying to locate him. They didn't find him (thank God) until sometime after M&H's engagement announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I agree. Meghan is a very intelligent woman and I don't believe she just put on rose colored glasses and went along for the ride of love and glamour. We all would look into a "known" future life of marrying not only someone of a foreign country and being forced to move there but also a family who's every burp is publicized world wide.
Oh yes. We have only to look back at the engagement interview to learn what they revealed to us about their first meetings, their deep attraction and mutual interests. Obviously, it did not take hardly any time for them to commit. I agree that Meghan was more interested in the quality of Harry's character than in his status as a Prince of England. From what her former friend Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne revealed, Meghan went into the first date excited but her excitement was tempered by caution and the modest hope of having an adventure getting to know someone new without grandiose expectations. Once they met and sparks flew, the rest is history. It's an amazing love story.

Surely in the age of social media, H&M both checked each other out on the Internet prior to their first 'blind' date. But as Meghan said during the engagement interview, she learned most of what she knows about Harry and his family directly from Harry. And now, reportedly, Meghan is learning about the history of the British monarchy and the Royal Art Collection from her charmed and admiring father-in-law. Meghan is obviously equally charmed by and admiring of Prince Charles.

From all evidence, Harry & Meghan made the deep commitment to each other during their five days camping out under the stars in Botswana, in August 2016. And at some point during their courtship, they must have both confided in each other about the peculiarities of their respective family relationships. One of the things they were said to have bonded over is the painful experience of parental break-ups during their childhoods.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
George Clooney on The Duchess of Sussex-
https://www.itv.com/news/2019-03-15/...friend-meghan/

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-16-2019, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The Nutella prank
Old 03-17-2019, 02:35 AM
Serene Highness

Apparently Harry and Meghan are breaking tradition again ....with a baby buggy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-500-pram.html

Seriously? They are disrespecting tradition because they will not use a style of pram used back in the Queen Mother's day?
Old 03-17-2019, 02:49 AM
Courtier

I don't think it's about the style of pram (there are pics of Catherine pushing a buggy) it's about the brand. Silver Cross make buggies as well as prams & the Mail seems to be frothing because Meghan might use a different brand. It's a ridiculous story but all part of the usual trash reporting.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Apparently Harry and Meghan are breaking tradition again ....with a baby buggy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-500-pram.html

Seriously? They are disrespecting tradition because they will not use a style of pram used back in the Queen Mother's day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I don't think it's about the style of pram (there are pics of Catherine pushing a buggy) it's about the brand. Silver Cross make buggies as well as prams & the Mail seems to be frothing because Meghan might use a different brand. It's a ridiculous story but all part of the usual trash reporting.
I agree with Lilyflo, this is a non-story. I don't think most people, and certainly the BRF, care about what baby buggy is used. Must have been a slow news day for the DM!
Old 03-17-2019, 06:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post

Buried in the story was the nugget that Zara works for iCandy .And i would guess that when Lena was born she was using the stuff she was being paid to us and it wasn't Silver Cross either .

And that makes sense as the way The Fail describes it ,it sounds like the ideal countryside/eventing/polo buggy (built like a tank and foldaway ).Maybe Zara has sold her on it's merits ,maybe it's even a gift from the Tindalls or Harry's Aunt .
Old 03-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
Buried in the story was the nugget that Zara works for iCandy .And i would guess that when Lena was born she was using the stuff she was being paid to us and it wasn't Silver Cross either .

And that makes sense as the way The Fail describes it ,it sounds like the ideal countryside/eventing/polo buggy (built like a tank and foldaway ).Maybe Zara has sold her on it's merits ,maybe it's even a gift from the Tindalls or Harry's Aunt .
I knew i’d heard about this brand, Zara promoted it along with her work for Land Rover. I doubt persoanlly that W&K use their big silver cross pram all the time, I mean I can’t see them using it off road as such. From what I recall we’ve only seen it at Charlotte’s christening at Sandringham and that one was speculated to be the Queen’s old one for her children. All a fuss about nothing
Old 03-17-2019, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Posts about the Chelsea Flower show have been moved here. Posts discussing whether Harry and Meghan wanted to break from BP have been moved to the Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Susssex thread.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
Buried in the story was the nugget that Zara works for iCandy.
iCandy is designed by Land Rover and Zara has a sponsoring deal with Land Rover.
I just read that Zara recently became a brand ambassador for iCandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I doubt personally that W&K use their big silver cross pram all the time, I mean I can’t see them using it off road as such. From what I recall we’ve only seen it at Charlotte’s christening at Sandringham and that one was speculated to be the Queen’s old one for her children. All a fuss about nothing
There are plenty of photos of Kate and Nanny Maria using a couple of normal prams - Silver Cross Sleepover and Maclaren Quest.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6f/06/b8/6...-cambridge.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c2/ae...976f1dd92d.jpg

The one from the Christening was only for the photo op and by all reports a vintage one from The Queen.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2c/f1...a0d21646bb.jpg

I would expect the Cambridges own several prams, with 3 kids so close together. I also doubt they lug the same pram from London to Norfolk and back.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

Meghan is suppose to have a second baby shower in the UK and Doria is coming to that one

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cos...hower-england/

BP is a really fancy location for an intimate baby shower. I wonder when the Markets were going to complain Samantha wasn't invited or Dad isn't planned to be brought over before the baby's birth. This is in light of the reconciliation story a few days ago.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...06532166746113

Quote:
The other point to clarify: Meghan has not started her maternity leave. We were told she had behind the scenes meetings still in her diary and that when she finished work would probably depend on how she felt. Perfectly understandable.
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...07298575208449

Quote:
Palace officials did say after her Commonwealth Day engagements she had no more public duties planned. But it was also made clear that it was still possible that something unexpected might come up.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:10 AM
Serene Highness

Remember the story that Samantha was on Scotland Yard's fixated persons list? Sam just did an interview with DM showing proof she is not on the list

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-people.html

The Mar 7 letter does not exonerate Sam. In the third paragraph the statement reads do not use this response as a certificate of good character. She still could be watched by police but through a different lens. And comments shown she has not changed opinions of her. Sam called this an attempted smear campaign on her but it looks like a PR stragety of hers that has backfired.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:50 AM
Serene Highness

There doesn't need to be a smear campaign against Samantha. She does that all on her own on her twitter and interviews. She's been fixated on Meghan from the moment the relationship became public knowledge, October 2016. The less she gets attention from people, the less she will be interviewed. And tbh, her tweets and interviews don't get that much traction any more, she just has nothing new to say.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I noticed that her legal last name is still her married one. So she went from using Grant to Markle when it’s is really Rasmussen. Also if you read the documents it doesn’t even say she not being watch (I bet she is to an extent) and if so they don’t have to reveal it.

I find it funny that she claims to not be fixated yet she hired UK based lawyers to disprove something she claimed to not care about? She is 100% fixated on all things Meghan and her lame attempts to bully her into an interaction has failed.

Baby Sussex is almost here so the Markles are trying to make waves again. It’s their last chance because once that baby arrivals it’s over. They will see that baby like the rest of us — far away via the media. It’s what they deserve.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, general news, meghan markle, prince harry