Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 2: December 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page six said, that it was an employee at the Laduree who tipped them off.

As for privacy.. Once the press were tipped off, it was either sneaking through back doors, and the paparazzi would've chased her regardless, and it would've been extremely unsafe. Or arrange barricades for the press to stay behind, and Meghan and her friends would get in and out without hassle.

She didn't trade any privacy. She was pictured going in and out of hotels and restaurants, that's it. It has happened to other royals too, so this fuzz about Meghan being pictured seems silly.

I'm so glad Meghan was able to do this trip, meet up and celebrate with her old friends, they've been loyal and supportive, and I think they all needed this time together.

Again we are *assuming* it was someone at the Laduree, we do not have proof in the way of names who reported this to page 6 do we? It is just an assumption that it was an employee at the restaurant, for all we know it could of been the guy across the street or the Easter Bunny with a cell phone taking pictures.

And yes she did trade her privacy for a few pictures as she gave the media just what they wanted here.....that is a fact! And nothing wrong with that as that was her choice......Meghan took I am thinking everything into consideration being pregnant, time of day, how many reporters where out there, what was going to happen next...and more before she walked to the car....now to follow her to the airport .................:whistling:

Once it was known that Meghan was in NYC there was NO way she would have been allowed to fly below the radar. Frankly, its amazing that she was there three days and no one knew.

It was better to tackle the bull by the horns and let the paps take the necessary pics. It would have only caused a headache (and lead to a potential danger) if she had tried to sneak around.

And as for that employee at Laudree...yeah....I hope whatever they got paid was worth it.....if they find out who it was...I am thinking they are going to be looking for a new job....places like that value discretion....

[/B]

First do not put words in my comment that I said, as I did not say this was a game or that Meghan should play cat and mouse with the media.....and when it got out that she was there that is when the security would give her advice on what to do, they could tell her all the different options she had and then it would be her choice as to what to do....I see nothing wrong with using the back door as long as that is what Meghan would of wanted, after all it is HER choice on what to do. I am still of the firm belief that if a person wants their privacy then they can have that 100% regardless of who knows what or whomever knows they are somewhere. Royals have proven that they can fly and go under the radar all the time regardless of where they are going or with whom...that is a given. And we all can have our different opinions on privacy or not to have privacy....:whistling:

That is NOT how security works in this case. It’s not as if they are from a private security firm for hire. These are government employees given a charge to protect by any means necessary. It is not her call how they leave. Her choices were if she’ll keep her plans or change them and just stay in the hotel for her trip. If she is going to put, it’s up to the security team on how. Some of the ideas are pretty unreliastic.

Last edited:
Again we are *assuming* it was someone at the Laduree, we do not have proof in the way of names who reported this to page 6 do we? It is just an assumption that it was an employee at the restaurant, for all we know it could of been the guy across the street or the Easter Bunny with a cell phone taking pictures.

And yes she did trade her privacy for a few pictures as she gave the media just what they wanted here.....that is a fact! And nothing wrong with that as that was her choice......Meghan took I am thinking everything into consideration being pregnant, time of day, how many reporters where out there, what was going to happen next...and more before she walked to the car....now to follow her to the airport .................:whistling:

Page 6 is a true source of NYC gossip that goes back a LONG WAY and is both respected and feared. They are pretty much on point with their gossip. Their main competition back in the day was Liz Smith of the NY Daily News...so they had to try to stay competitive with her. Considering how many VIP's, celebrities, that walk around in NYC....I imagine that many people who serve them know who to contact if they have some gossip (including who, what and where people are).

ETA: For Page Six, this is a true "Get" knowing that Meghan was in NYC before everyone else!

Last edited:
Once it was known that Meghan was in NYC there was NO way she would have been allowed to fly below the radar. Frankly, its amazing that she was there three days and no one knew.

It was better to tackle the bull by the horns and let the paps take the necessary pics. It would have only caused a headache (and lead to a potential danger) if she had tried to sneak around.

And as for that employee at Laudree...yeah....I hope whatever they got paid was worth it.....if they find out who it was...I am thinking they are going to be looking for a new job....places like that value discretion....

Oh, trust me. They will find out. It's not really hard to do. These types of places pride themselves on keeping their clientele happy and that includes privacy to enjoy their time without photogs in their faces. That tip off is going to cost someone their job.

I personally think, that security decisions aren't Meghan's choice. Imo the safer option was to do exactly what they did, bring barriers, and have the press behind them. Sneaking through back doors with the press able to get closer, that wouldn't have been a safer option.

The royals have travelled incognito, but they also have been spotted and pictured while doing so. This wasn't the first time a royal was pictured going in and out of hotels and restaurants, and it won't be the last either.

And we do not know that for a *fact* do we? Meghan I see is someone who gets all the information on something and then goes over it in her head on the best thing for her, not what someone else said or advised her to do.

Page 6 is a true source of NYC gossip that goes back a LONG WAY and is both respected and feared. They are pretty much on point with their gossip. Considering how many VIP's, celebrities, that walk around in NYC....I imagine that many people who serve them know who to contact.

Page Six is notorious and would give "palace sources" a run for their money. They have spies EVERYWHERE.

No one is assuming anything. Publications flat out said someone that works there. While they don’t release actual names, as they typically don’t, they aren’t going to lie about something like this.

Frankly, I am impressed that she has been there for 3 to 4 days and this is the first we heard about it. If Meghan really wanted to be seen...there would have been pics of her at the airport, arriving at the hotel, shopping on Fifth Avenue, and doing the regular lunches.

Oh, trust me. They will find out. It's not really hard to do. These types of places pride themselves on keeping their clientele happy and that includes privacy to enjoy their time without photogs in their faces. That tip off is going to cost someone their job.

Yes...I think someone might lose their job over this one.

And we do not know that for a *fact* do we? Meghan I see is someone who gets all the information on something and then goes over it in her head on the best thing for her, not what someone else said or advised her to do.

M Payton, I understand where you are coming from and it most cases yes I would agree with you, however, this is not correct for this situation. When the State Department and NYPD are involved, the client doesn't really get a say, especially if it's a high security risk situation. We are talking about government actors in essence coordinating with representatives (RPO) from a foreign government. Trust me, the DoS had to rely on their expertise and judgement.She had very little say when all was said and done.

Last edited:

The security is responsible of keeping her safe. They aren't a privately hired security team, they work for the government, not for Meghan. It's a pretty much a fact, that Meghan doesn't make any decisions about how the security team works.

That may be true on her work. However, she is NOT qualified to make security assessments. It’s very typical in cases where someone is offered government protection. If they are to be responsible for her safety, she’ll have to follow their assessment. She can do whatever she wants if she takes on the risk herself, in which case she would essentially have to relinquish her protection detail.

To go against security in this case would be reckless. And Meghan has never struck me as reckless. Or stupid for that matter.

Last edited:
Actually, the decisions are made by her security team. Her security does not answer to Meghan but rather to their employer which is the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard. She does not tell them what she's doing. They tell her what she's doing when it comes to matters of her security.

Her security team was well prepared. If the MO was followed for this trip that royal security takes, they would have scouted out every inch of every place that Meghan was to be before hand and have plans of action in place for whatever may happen. Meghan doesn't take a step in public that isn't deemed safe. Her security force does their job.

They got her safely from Point A to Point B and I'll bet my last portobello mushroom that if she used the rest room at the art gallery, her security ensured she was even absolutely safe in there. ;)

May Her Royal Highness have a safe trip back home.

New York gossip scene has always been an interesting case. It’s not like anything else I’ve seen. They are quite old school. Their reach isn’t so wide as they are deep. As in, it’s rare for them to venture too much out of NYC. However, if it’s happening in NYC, they definitely have ears to the ground. Celebrity publications like People and US Weekly have NOTHING on them even though those magazines have their own sources.

Actually, the decisions are made by her security team. Her security does not answer to Meghan but rather to their employer which is the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard. She does not tell them what she's doing. They tell her what she's doing when it comes to matters of her security.

Her security team was well prepared. If the MO was followed for this trip that royal security takes, they would have scouted out every inch of every place that Meghan was to be before hand and have plans of action in place for whatever may happen. Meghan doesn't take a step in public that isn't deemed safe. Her security force does their job.

They got her safely from Point A to Point B and I'll bet my last portobello mushroom that if she used the rest room at the art gallery, her security ensured she was even absolutely safe in there. ;)

Absolutely. One example: with all of the hoopla, the AP got video of her and Abigail inside the restaurant. A restaurant rep greeted them and sat them down, and from outside across the street in another building you could probably read Meghan's lips if you were good at lip reading. She didn't get to sit down for 30 seconds before her security and the restaurant rep moved her and Abby to a different location that was not near glass and that was easily spotted from the outside. All of this is considered.

What shocking to me is AP and Reuter got into this today. It’s like seriously?

How is the weather in NYC today? Any cancelled flights? Hope Meghan is able to get her flight home.

How is the weather in NYC today? Any cancelled flights? Hope Meghan is able to get her flight home.

The storm's not coming through until around 9am. The heaviest from noon. There were a few delayed flights to London this evening, but those for the early morning are on time so far.

I'm also guessing that KP won't release details of the Morocco trip on twitter until she is back in London. So maybe by tomorrow afternoon our time. I know that RR were briefed already.

... Also my main thought along all of this is why NYC? What connections does she have to the city? These are genuine questions because I have always thought she had ties to Toronto. :unsure:

Meghan has friends in NY, unsurprisingly (among others, Misha Nonoo lives in NY). Meghan is a former actor, and as well, she's done a lot of modeling. And she regularly attended New York Fashion Week. In addition, Meghan appeared on the Today show numerous times. And as we know, Today is filmed at Rockefeller Center. NYC is the capital of the world, so I don't see why Meghan wouldn't have ties to New York. She visited New York quite often during her tenure on Suits, to see friends, to be interviewed, to see shows, to go shopping, and for business purposes. NBC is the parent company of USA network.

Oh well, hopefully we are moving on as Meghan moves on to a safe trip back to London and preparation for the Morocco visit. I'm glad the Duchess of Sussex has had an opportunity to relax with friends. Here's a shot of Meghan with Markus. They had dinner together, reportedly with Serena, Abigail and Jessica joining them. It's really nice seeing Meghan with her friend, Markus. They've always been great friends (he seems like a brother to her), and they are smiling in this pap pic, so it looks like they had fun at dinner:

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-c...k-city-serena-williams-markus-anderson-01.jpg

They've always been cool and joie de vivre together
https://cdn01.nyheter24.se/d644f5ff01d8020000/2018/05/17/1500118/meghan_markle_markus_anderson.jpg
https://content4.promiflash.de/arti...derson-und-meghan-markle-bei-einem-dinner.jpg
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...le-shares-cute-video-pal-Markus-Anderson.html Scrolling down from this old video, you will find very short recent videos of Meghan and Markus entering the Polo Bar in NYC for dinner, and Meghan later exiting with her RPOs.

One of Meghan's shower gifts is said to be a Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib from Babyletto:
https://www.her.ie/celeb/first-gift-meghan-markle-received-baby-shower-451030

CBS did some reporting, indicating that Meghan also shopped at a high-end baby clothing store in NY:

Last edited by a moderator:
This private visit has been handled exactly as it should be. Nobody was naive enough to think she wouldn't get busted and her friend Jessica was known to be in the city so ordinary safety measures were applied. At no time was her visit supposed to be "secret" merely not "official".

She arrived with at least two if not three protection officers and it seems the State Department was involved (which was a given) and from the looks of things they added a bit more security and it's a bit hard to downplay a couple of honking great black Suburbans surrounded by very "fit" people.

Meghan has just gone with the flow. As long as she got to do what she went for it was of no importance. She sensibly didn't fuss about photographers outside and was polite in the videos I have seen. All in all, it looks like a fun few days just like it was meant to be.

Mad About Meghan has the latest details about the NY visit, etc:
Mad About Meghan

It's interesting that they are reporting how Meghan is relaxed and feeling good, but that she's also always monitored closely with her doctors. I guess she's just in very good health and she's been doing fine with all of her various activities going on during the pregnancy. I'm sure she's been getting enough rest in between all that she's been doing.

Another video I saw indicated that Meghan & Harry spent Valentine's eve together before she left for New York the following day. It was also brought up how Valentine's Day is a favorite of Meghan's, as she wrote about often on her former Tig website. Apparently, she once wrote that she always woke up on Valentine's Day dreaming of being enveloped in a Robert Doisneau photograph (a famous French photographer). Examples: :D
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...yFp77UsgTNLPv-aA7r4kpk19SYIy6XKIERAUHaPBwyrJR
http://www.iphotocentral.com/Photos/VintageWorks_Images/Full/11766_Robert_Doisneau.jpg
https://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2016/6/27/d/5/6/d5646836-3c94-11e6-99ea-64b32b912ce7.jpg
Probably these days, Meghan always wakes up dreaming of being enveloped in Harry's arms. ;)

Here's more on Laduree (a Parisian restaurant with U.S. locations, including New York and Los Angeles): https://www.laduree.us/locations

Last edited:
It's very interesting to hear all your input about the situation in NYC. I believe once Meghan had planned what she wanted to do, she let her security team work out the practicalities. She could have eg. received shopping assistents from baby shops in her hotel or have a top chef coming in to cook for her. There are a lot of things people with money can do without ever leave their residence or hotel. Receive spa treatments with a friend, all of that. We have no ideas what she had planned at all, apart from the few things where she was papped. So for her she could keep a lot of her visit private - and who knows? Maybe she even allowed herself to be papped for the sake of her friends: To show the world: these people are important to me, even though 5 of them talked to people and to give their importance a boost. A win-win situation.

One of the New York baby shower gifts is said to be a Hudson 3-1 convertible crib from Babyletto:
https://www.her.ie/celeb/first-gift-meghan-markle-received-baby-shower-451030

I suppose there's no issue for Meghan having all of her gifts and shopping items safely loaded in the cargo section of a commercial flight back to London.

Hopefully, Meghan's Mom will get a chance to attend the second baby shower in London:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a26416135/meghan-markle-second-baby-shower/

As I said, there are ways and means to make a visit like this actually private. How did the press know she was going? Where she was staying? Who released the information? If nobody knows you're going, nobody knows you're there. Without hacking plane manifests or stalking every hotel in NY, they simply couldn't have found without already knowing where she was.

You raise a very valid point. To me, this does indeed look like carefully leaked information.

It's very interesting to hear all your input about the situation in NYC. I believe once Meghan had planned what she wanted to do, she let her security team work out the practicalities. She could have eg. received shopping assistents from baby shops in her hotel or have a top chef coming in to cook for her. There are a lot of things people with money can do without ever leave their residence or hotel. Receive spa treatments with a friend, all of that. We have no ideas what she had planned at all, apart from the few things where she was papped. So for her she could keep a lot of her visit private - and who knows? Maybe she even allowed herself to be papped for the sake of her friends: To show the world: these people are important to me, even though 5 of them talked to people and to give their importance a boost. A win-win situation.

Would someone REALLY want to stay cooped in a hotel room when visiting with friends in NYC, instead going out and about? And why should and would she do that? Just so people wouldn't see her? Or take her pictures?

I really don't get what's the issue here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom