Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 2: December 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...-markle-makes-surprise-trip-to-new-york-city/

Random but apparently Meghan was spotted with friends in NYC this weekend. I know her very close friend Heather just had a baby, so I wonder (if true) she was playing catch up with her girls. Either way, if she did hope she had a nice trip.

I find it hard to believe that The Duchess made a 7-hr flight to NYCity, taking into account the upcoming approximately 7-hr flight to Morocco on an official visit. Two long trips within one week at this time of her pregnancy, that would be taxing.

Last edited:
Omid said:

And seeing as no one can keep a secret anymore (wasn’t planning to share until after it happened), I can confirm that friends are throwing a baby shower for Meghan and nearly 20 guests on Tuesday

He is usually good about his facts.

LaRae

It seems to be true. I am sure the NYC pap will be on the look out since they know she is in town.

I agree. One of the sad things about this situation is that if her father had remained silent, he would have everything he is saying he wants: access to her, his future grandchild, and the royal family. I had a great amount of respect for his silence up to when he started misbehaving. I know Samantha had a lot to do with that, but why did he listen to her instead of Meghan and Harry. I tell you, it baffles me.

It's not that hard when I really think about it. This is a man that has an ego. And Samantha strokes the ego and tells him none of it is his fault for her own benefit. While Meghan isn't going to cuss him out, she certainly isn't going to coddle a grown man and tell him he's perfect. In other words, it's easy for him to convince himself what Samantha is telling him is true because he likes what he hears.

I can imagine it's not easy for him to admit to wrong doing or take responsibility as he has demonstrated in his interviews. Same reason why he wouldn't take Meghan's calls when he got caught about the paparazzi photos, but wasn't too busy to take TMZ's calls. And how he kept getting stuck on Harry telling him he should've just listened to them when they told him not to speak to the press and that frenzy wouldn't have happened.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that The Duchess made a 7-hr flight to NYCity, taking into account the upcoming approximately 7-hr flight to Morocco on an official visit. Two long trips within one week at this time of her pregnancy, that would be taxing.

Omid Scobie reported it on his twitter too. And he is a reliable source.

He aid that friends are throwing a baby shower for her on Tuesday. About 20 guests are expected

Uk to Morocco is not 7hrs but rather 5hrs max

London to Morocco is 3 hours flight.

But there is no reason to explain that to me..I already pointed that out several posts ago...in my first post when I pointed out that the diversity was not that great in the U.S. either.

LaRae

I didn't notice that you acknowledged the above in any of your previous posts (only your insistence that the most qualified person needs to be hired) but glad to read now that you are aware of the very real problem that currently hiring processes aren't fair as white men are perceived as more qualified than they truly are and women and minorities as less qualified then they are. What would you suggest could be done about the current hiring practices - that favour equally or less qualified white men over women and minorities - that would lead to real change in academia and beyond (and/or is there something that Meghan could do to contribute to more equal hiring practices - as that's where this discusdion started)?

Fijiro said:

Right, that's interesting. The Morocco trip is this coming weekend (23-25). It would seem to be more likely that the Duchess is concentrating on preparing for the Morocco trip. Possibly, the sighting was of someone pregnant who resembles Meghan. ?

ETA:
Okay, I see the Omid Scobie tweet. I would say then that our Meg does not tire easily, pregnant or not. She's a busy lady, always on the move and in the groove with living her best life and spending quality time with her friends. ? She did post once on her Instagram this passionate advice:

FIND YOUR TRIBE, AND LOVE THEM HARD. :hug: :heart2:

Last edited:
That's lovely. Apparently, she has been in town since Friday, which means that she is probably heading back to London Wednesday to prepare for her trip to Morocco on Saturday.

BTW...there is nothing better than getting together with your girlfriends for a baby shower, and I do hope that she enjoys her time with her nearest and dearest.

P.P.S. The weather right now in NYC is overcast with rain/snow depending on where you are in the city, so going incognito will not be a problem for her.

Last edited:
She has a baby shower tomorrow...so I wouldn't think she would head back to London until Wed...but maybe tomorrow night?

LaRae

She has a baby shower tomorrow...so I wouldn't think she would head back to London until Wed...but maybe tomorrow night?

LaRae

You're right. Will correct my post. She will probably leave early Wednesday morning. For some weird reason, I thought they were going to be in Morocco on Friday, but it's Saturday-Monday. I'm telling you, I NEED a vacation.

You're right. Will correct my post. She will probably leave early Wednesday morning. For some weird reason, I thought they were going to be in Morocco on Friday, but it's Saturday-Monday. I'm telling you, I NEED a vacation.

No biggie...she may well go home tomorrow evening in order to avoid paps and people at the airport.

I second the idea of a vacation, one by myself so I can escape everyone lol

LaRae

Lots of news outlets reporting Meghan seen at New Yorks Laduree catching up with friends. One story also said that Jessica Mulrooney organised a baby shower for her.
It's great that Meghan can catch up with her old friends and have a good time with them. All while her life is so busy these days.

I agree. One of the sad things about this situation is that if her father had remained silent, he would have everything he is saying he wants: access to her, his future grandchild, and the royal family. I had a great amount of respect for his silence up to when he started misbehaving. I know Samantha had a lot to do with that, but why did he listen to her instead of Meghan and Harry. I tell you, it baffles me.

Forget about his betrayals and the continuing lies for a minute as well as the greed and limelight-hogging/attention-seeking displays. No decent father emotionally abuses and verbally trashes a daughter who they claim to love. This man publicly said some truly nasty stuff last summer, colludes with hostile media outlets that mercilessly target Meghan. He also denigrated those loyal and close to Meghan and relentlessly continues to torment her throughout her pregnancy. He hadn’t even the decency to let her live her first year of marriage in peace. I think it’s a massive leap to seek to hold others responsible for a man publicly bullying his own daughter, and shamelessly exploiting her marriage. I’d like to know any rational person that would involve someone like that in the lives of their children.

If all this is regarded as mere ‘misbehaving’ I’d hate to know what full-blown treachery would entail on his part :ermm:

Last edited:
:previous:
Totally and completely agree with you Lady R, Mr. Markle seem like the most despicable image of a father out there.......his actions and behavior are on par with a type of man I won't and can't say here....what he has done is beyond any type of love a human being can have to another let alone a father for a daughter. Some one needs to actually go to him and show him how his behavior is hateful and mean instead of letting him continue to mouth off to the world all because he is not getting his own way in his daugbhter's life. Meghan is a strong woman, intelligent and loyal to those that are the same back so kicking him to the curb should be no problem for her, and it is very easy to do as I did the same over 50 years ago and have no regrets since. It's her life, not his.....what I wouldn't love to say to that idiot. All women do not need this type of human being in their life.?

:previous:
Totally and completely agree with you Lady R, Mr. Markle seem like the most despicable image of a father out there.......his actions and behavior are on par with a type of man I won't and can't say here....what he has done is beyond any type of love a human being can have to another let alone a father for a daughter. Some one needs to actually go to him and show him how his behavior is hateful and mean instead of letting him continue to mouth off to the world all because he is not getting his own way in his daugbhter's life. Meghan is a strong woman, intelligent and loyal to those that are the same back so kicking him to the curb should be no problem for her, and it is very easy to do as I did the same over 50 years ago and have no regrets since. It's her life, not his.....what I wouldn't love to say to that idiot. All women do not need this type of human being in their life.?
God bless Meghan, a lesser woman would have crumbled by now, suffered a nervous break down. :sad:

https://www.her.ie/lol/meghan-markle-gave-weed-goodie-bags-wedding-according-dad-440073

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/a25459082/meghan-markle-weed-wedding-favors/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8071308/meghan-markle-marijuana-illegal-drugs-first-wedding/
He slyly instigated a new round of snide innuendo and harassment against poor Meghan.

What a loving dad! What father claims his daughter “planned everything down to the tiniest detail” at her first wedding, before going onto reveal that goody bags containing illegal drugs were gifted to the wedding guests? This betrayal was just two months ago, long after the summer he received that heartbreaking letter pleading with him to stop hurting her. Just unbelievable! Yeah Meghan get in there, let the honourable TM into the fold and grant him easy access to tout your children around to media outlets the same way he sells your childhood memories down the drain. Photos, letters the whole lot, dissected and analysed by all & sundry :bang:

Last edited:
I really hope Doria can catch up with Meghan in New York. But alas perhaps we will never know. Catching up with her friends will be a great boost to Meghans happiness.

Forget about his betrayals and the continuing lies for a minute as well as the greed and limelight-hogging/attention-seeking displays. No decent father emotionally abuses and verbally trashes a daughter who they claim to love. This man publicly said some truly nasty stuff last summer, colludes with hostile media outlets that mercilessly target Meghan. He also denigrated those loyal and close to Meghan and relentlessly continues to torment her throughout her pregnancy. He hadn’t even the decency to let her live her first year of marriage in peace. I think it’s a massive leap to seek to hold others responsible for a man publicly bullying his own daughter, and shamelessly exploiting her marriage. I’d like to know any rational person that would involve someone like that in the lives of their children.

If all this is regarded as mere ‘misbehaving’ I’d hate to know what full-blown treachery would entail on his part :ermm:

In using the word "misbehaving" I was trying to keep my comments from being inflammatory and , thus, getting the board shut down again. I agree it is more than simple misbehaving, a lot more.

I hope Meghan will have a wonderful time with her friends and hopefully Doria at the baby shower. There will be eventual Instagram pics at the shower ... food, games, a diaper cake. And eventually Samantha will tweet she didn't get invited. I think Meghan's letter to Dad makes it clear where Meghan stands. I would not be surprised the location of the shower is undisclosed out of concern that that Sam would try and crash.

I hope Meghan will have a wonderful time with her friends and hopefully Doria at the baby shower. There will be eventual Instagram pics at the shower ... food, games, a diaper cake. And eventually Samantha will tweet she didn't get invited. I think Meghan's letter to Dad makes it clear where Meghan stands. I would not be surprised the location of the shower is undisclosed out of concern that that Sam would try and crash.

I would sincerely hope that Meghan doesn't give Samantha or any of her paternal family dead set on causing mayhem a second thought. Meghan now has the lifestyle that if she doesn't want to see someone, there's no way they'll get close to her and that, in itself, is a blessing.

Meghan has a tight circle of trusted friends, a new family that supports her and a husband that obviously worships the ground she walks on and a mother that could also be deemed her best friend in the world. Her life is a full one with places to go and people to see and causes to champion and very soon, a new little life to love and nurture. I would think that although they've been quite hurtful to her, Meghan has plenty on her plate that she can push the paternal family angle to a side dish and not let it spoil her meal.

Misery loves company and there are plenty of outlets for the Markles to express their misery but, from what we've seen, Meghan won't allow herself to be part of that circus. In the end, we know who is missing out and excluded and they've brought it on themselves.

I would not be surprised the location of the shower is undisclosed out of concern that that Sam would try and crash.

Or, it's not disclosed because it's no one's business unless they received an invitation. The chances of Samantha getting anywhere near Meghan is below zero at this point. Especially considering this is a private get together.

But there is no reason to explain that to me..I already pointed that out several posts ago...in my first post when I pointed out that the diversity was not that great in the U.S. either.

LaRae

I agree. There are still likely more pale males who apply and who are employed because it takes a long time for all sections of society to have education available and to value that education and develop the drive for qualifications and a career which once was mainly in the pale male sphere.
I like to think change is slowly occuring. The best person for the job should be hired.
It's not any modern day man's fault that universities and higher education institutions were started, setup and operated by learned men. We all should be thankful for their foresight and at the same time expect education to filter through to more sectors equally.
To push for manditory change could bring down standards. The very highest standards in higher education are paramount. To assume that universities have not chosen for highest standards but for racist or sexist reasons is insulting the intelligence of many astute and hard working people. I find the reaction of Meghan too quick to judge and likely naive or ignorant of the full facts. Everyone wants equality in education.

I agree. There are still likely more pale males who apply and who are employed because it takes a long time for all sections of society to have education available and to value that education and develop the drive for qualifications and a career which once was mainly in the pale male sphere.
I like to think change is slowly occuring. The best person for the job should be hired.
It's not any modern day man's fault that universities and higher education institutions were started, setup and operated by learned men. We all should be thankful for their foresight and at the same time expect education to filter through to more sectors equally.
To push for manditory change could bring down standards. The very highest standards in higher education are paramount. To assume that universities have not chosen for highest standards but for racist or sexist reasons is insulting the intelligence of many astute and hard working people. I find the reaction of Meghan too quick to judge and likely naive or ignorant of the full facts. Everyone wants equality in education.

That's a pretty one sided view on this. While I agree that qualification is paramount. Most cases are hardly black and white as such. Studies have shown that there are a variety of factors involved in perceived qualification. Men are often promoted based on potential whereas women are promoted based on what they've already done. Essentially, women will have to do the job before being promoted. I would not be surprised for something like this to be passed on to higher ed. No one has said someone should be hired just for diversity's sake. They should obviously be hired for qualification, but you can't tell me it's only white male that are so disproportionately qualified for the job.

And I find it odd that her reaction was considered judgmental. Even whatever quote we did have in that Times article, the most she said is we need to have that dialogue and question how things are done rather than just accept how it's always been done.

Last edited:
I would sincerely hope that Meghan doesn't give Samantha or any of her paternal family dead set on causing mayhem a second thought. Meghan now has the lifestyle that if she doesn't want to see someone, there's no way they'll get close to her and that, in itself, is a blessing.

Meghan has a tight circle of trusted friends, a new family that supports her and a husband that obviously worships the ground she walks on and a mother that could also be deemed her best friend in the world. Her life is a full one with places to go and people to see and causes to champion and very soon, a new little life to love and nurture. I would think that although they've been quite hurtful to her, Meghan has plenty on her plate that she can push the paternal family angle to a side dish and not let it spoil her meal.

Misery loves company and there are plenty of outlets for the Markles to express their misery but, from what we've seen, Meghan won't allow herself to be part of that circus. In the end, we know who is missing out and excluded and they've brought it on themselves.

Not her entire paternal side. Though they weren't at the wedding, Meghan is close to her niece Ashley, and is said to be close to Ashley's brother. They are the older children of Samantha.

The only downside of having the baby shower at a public venue and not private. Meghan's friends have proven they are faithful and wont talk unless given permission to. They would never share photos of a private moment, unless their social media is private. Like we didn't get insider photos of the wedding receptions, other then their wardrobe as guests came and went.

But with a public venue, there is a chance staff or someone will sell photos.

And I find it odd that her reaction was considered judgmental. Even whatever quote we did have in that Times article, the most she said is we need to have that dialogue and question how things are done rather than just accept how it's always been done.

On reflection, Jacqui24, your assessment is more accurate than mine. Meghan chose quite carefully her words and she does answer politely, without giving her full opinion... calling for dialogue. It's more how some media have interpreted her reaction really. They loudly assume Meghan finds the system in need of overhaul, manditory quotas all due to corrupt and racist practises. It is not a true reflection of what she indicated and I find that offensive - that they use her as a vehicle for a judgemental and ill informed view.

Well thanks to JuliannaVictoria for reposting the Huit Denim documentary! To the contrary @muriel, I would frame it as, Why can't the media focus on all of the positive work and wonderful impacts we are seeing from the influential representation and humanitarian efforts of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and many other British royals? That lame 'British fashion' carping and shaming toward Meghan is so old, tired, and empty.

The "lame 'British fashion' carping and shaming toward Meghan" may be, to quote "old", but it is not "empty" or "tired" and is certainly very true. There can be no better example of this than the Huit Denim story, and the positive impact her wearing British clothing can have.

For somebody who has certainly not had the best of starts in her new public role through marriage, this can be an easy win. Like her late mother-in-law, she can use the press attention her presence generates to highlight the causes she supports. At a time when the British economy could do with a bit of a boost, Meghan would do well to highlight the best of British. She has done it with Huit Denim and Strathberry, but she can do it so much more than she does currently.

Supporting British fashion, especially artisanal and small companies, may certainly be an easy way to increase her popularity in her newly adopted country. The narrative can be turned around, plenty of other royals have successfully done it: Anne, Camilla, Sophie, Charles, Kate.

I hope the US media leave her alone today but I’m sure they staked out her hotel since they tracked her down. Today is the party so no doubt they will be on a mission to picture all the guests.

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for Rob Jobson saying that she only had 5 friends! Clearly Meghan has a network of loyal friends who love and support her! So much for the tabloid garbage about her being isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom