Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 2: December 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s true though, “we ain’t seen nothing yet,” Meghan is only getting started. She’s only given us a small sample of what she’s bringing to the “Firm.”

To be pregnant for the first time and having to cope with the anxieties that most or all women who are in this situation face...concern for the health of your unborn child, growing physical discomfort as your body changes, and of course the very natural fear of labor and childbirth itself...add to this the challenge of adjusting to married life in one of the most visible families on Earth..added to the expectation that you will quickly learn Royal protocol and have not only your appearance but your marriage and every public utterance dissected in print and online...now add in the fact that since you are one of the handful of minority women who have married into European Royalty, millions have projected their own personal fantasies and expectations onto you as a "role model". So by God you better measure up!

Now, let's add the cherry to the top of the sundae. A seemingly out of control father and half siblings intent on either embarrassing you and/or putting you in your place for wanting to distance yourself from dysfunction and betrayal.

I really feel for Meghan Duchess of Sussex. This is technically still her honeymoon in what should be the happiest period of her life. I wonder if, in those fleeting moments just before dropping off to sleep does she have any regrets?:ermm:

Last edited:
To be pregnant for the first time and having to cope with the anxieties that most or all women who are in this situation face...concern for the health of your unborn child, growing physical discomfort as your body changes, and of course the very natural fear of labor and childbirth itself...add to this the challenge of adjusting to married life in one of the most visible families on Earth..added to the expectation that you will quickly learn Royal protocol and have not only your appearance but your marriage and every public utterance dissected in print and online...now add in the fact that since you are one of the handful of minority women who have married into European Royalty, millions have projected their own personal fantasies and expectations onto you as a "role model". So by God you better measure up!

Now, let's add the cherry to the top of the sundae. A seemingly out of control father and half siblings intent on either embarrassing you and/or putting you in your place for wanting to distance yourself from dysfunction and betrayal.

I really feel for Meghan Duchess of Sussex. This is technically still her honeymoon in what should be the happiest period of her life. I wonder if, in those fleeting moments just before dropping off to sleep does she have any regrets?:ermm:

One will never know. Although, personally, I don’t think she have any regrets about where her life is now. She strikes me as a levelheaded person.

As for the expectations that’s been placed on her - I’d say the expectations on anyone who marry a senior British Royal is high, but the level is even higher in her case. As a black American, I know this all too well.

:previous:
Shouldn't the expectations of her life be what she expects of herself and not what the rest of the world expects of her? She should live up to her own standards first and foremost before even thinking what the world wants of her.....who comes first in her life, Meghan or the world? And that goes for each of us also.

:previous: That's true for "regular" people, but it's a ltitle more complicated for the former Meghan Markle.

She is a public person married into a thousand year old institution. As the daughter in law to a future king, and the sister in law to another she will not have the option to "just be yourself" or to concern herself with only pleasing herself.

She has her own standards to live up to as well as those of the House of Windsor.

Last edited:
Andrew Morton is a real snake oil salesman as we say in my part of the world. I don't trust anything that comes out of his mouth.

We all have access to Meghan's speeches, writings, interviews and social media content from the time she was a teenager. When has she ever said that she wanted to be Diana 2.0? As far as I am aware, Andrew Morton coined this phrase to sell his book.

Agreed. We say that in the USA too.?

I'll have to look it up but I believe he stated it in his biography of Meghan with reference to her seeing videos of Diana in the coach on her wedding day in her childhood and dreaming of being a 'princess' like her. I think I remember that was the context. Certainly Meghan has never said anything like that on her own account.

On the other hand Morton's Telegraph article does show a happy, enthusiastic and very active woman. So at least that's a change from all the awful Duchess Difficult, Duchess Overbearing articles that proliferated over the last few months.

IF that is true, Andrew is making more out of it that it is, as he usually does. As a child, I dreamed of being a princess. I wanted to be Diana, but I, like many little girls, only saw the glamorous part of it. It is just normal childhood fantasies.

Shouldn't the expectations of her life be what she expects of herself and not what the rest of the world expects of her? She should live up to her own standards first and foremost before even thinking what the world wants of her.....who comes first in her life, Meghan or the world? And that goes for each of us also.

Yes. Unfortunately, the royal reporters and royal watchers always seem to place space-high expectations on royal women. If they think the royal women failed to meet those expectations, that’s when folks start riding on the royals backs.

That said, Meghan have a lot up her sleeve for her royal role. Just wait until the baby is born and her maternity leave is over.

Ah, yet it is the expectations of royal reporters that have on Meghan, those are not *her* expectations. Yes Moonmaiden, I understand what is expected of the House of Windsor, yet Meghan made *her choice* to accept those expectations, it all boils down to what each of us do every day.........Make *choices* in our lives that we can and do live up to.......the hell with royal reporters, they don't pay the rent, buy the food, sit at the table or wash dishes.....they are nothing in my book, no kissing their butts all because they are reporters. I very much approve of the way some in the BRF seem to vanish at any given time to do as they please with their lives....that right there drives the reporters nuts and insane.....so what, It is like living under the thumb of someone else all the time doing as they say, not what you want or desire or need......so the hell with Author Edwards and his cronies....don't cover the events, someone else will, he is biting the hand that feeds him.......:lol:

This has been over a week and royal reporters and biographers are still whining about this. Meghan really gave them a punch in the nose about that letter. I still believe the complaints are still a fear of loss of power and influence at the hands of a foreign born royal, the wife of the sixth in line to the throne. They need to get over themselves. Meghan made her point and right now she and Harry are going over the itinerary for their visit to Morroco next weekend. These same reporters are going to fight to be part of the press pack. You bet the American media will cover it.

After much discussion, the moderation team has decided that going forward, the Sussex General News thread will be host to discussion - as relevant to current news stories - about Meghan's family and the relationship between the Sussexes and the media. This decision has been made based on the prevalence of these topics in the media in recent weeks.

However, we have no intention of allowing a repeat of the Markle Family thread and the BRF and the Media thread. While allowing these two topics a place here, the moderating team will be monitoring discussion closely and any posts that feature any of the below will be removed:
  • Insulting comments directed towards the royals, other posters, the Markles or members of the media
  • Subtle - or not subtle - accusations of racism towards other posters or members of the media
  • Off-topic remarks
  • Aggressive tones
  • Agenda-driven posts
  • Bickering
  • Repetitive and circular discussion

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and as long as it does not break any of the TRF Rules and Guidelines and meets the above principles, it may be posted here. We hope that our member base will be able to comport themselves civilly and with respect towards their fellow posters.

Should the atmosphere become unacceptable, the moderating team reserves the right to revert to our original decision of not allowing these two topics to be discussed here.

The British Forum Moderators

:previous: One of the most level commentaries I have read and the author has a truly wonderful grasp of the English language.
Catherine Bennet said:
. . . . . seconds after identifying Meghan as breath of fresh air, decided she was also a hardened manipulatrix, cruel to her poor stalker of a daddy, with a way of being pregnant that really pisses off newsroom executives.
I hadn't thought about how Meghan's disgustingly rude health had robbed the media of unceasingly unctuous columns and columns of commentary on the dreadful toll pregnancy was taking on Meghan's health. Neither had I considered that the deafening silence from BP, CH and KP the subject of Meghan's father would be worthy of comment, after all, the BRF have never, as a rule, 'explained themselves' to the world before. Why should now be any different?

By her S-I-L's third pregnancy the media were all just about totally au fait with how things would go so I suspect they were hoping for a raging hormonal Meghan taking to her day bed with monotonous regularity feeling 'somewhat fatigued'. Instead, she has been exceptionally blessed that whatever was going on behind Nott Cotts walls was able to stay there.

So, with Catherine on maternity leave and Meghan in rude health, they had to have something to print and you really have to hand it to them, they haven't missed a faux psychologist, handwriting expert, lifelong royal expert or biographer, etc. et al. to provide those column inches. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a gutter or sewer their trusted sources haven't trawled to provide the media with something, anything to print.

Had a good chuckle over your last sentence. I wonder if all that yoga and a healthy eating lifestyle has helped Meghan during her pregnancy.

For all the Blah, blah that is written about Meghan, I hope she can find heartening good feelings and consolation in the Crowds of every day folk who turn out to see her at her official events. Not forgetting the wonderful reception the couple received on the South Pacific tour.

I really do hope she is surrounded by fun loving warm hearted people during this pregnancy.
That is some of their mutual friends and Harry's friends, as well as good relatives.

A pregnant lady doesn't need any negativity in her life. Or as little as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a good chuckle over your last sentence. I wonder if all that yoga and a healthy eating lifestyle has helped Meghan during her pregnancy.

I would bet a very healthy baby that it does impact her health. Not only physically but yoga also helps to maintain a healthy balance physically, mentally and emotionally. It helps Meghan also to shut out the "noise" wherever it may come from.

I think we can be pretty assured at this time that there will be no resolution between Meghan and her father whatsoever. As most of you probably know, Mr. Markle has released to the tabloids, a five page letter that Meghan had written him back in August. She pleaded with him to stop going to the press and talking about her. Markle then asked her for a photo op with the press. He just doesn't get it and probably never will. Meghan tried. There comes a time when you realize that a relationship is purely toxic and detrimental to one's well being and you need to let it go. Mr. Markle has about as much chance of knowing his grandchild now as I have being invited to tea with the Queen. :D

I strongly believe that for Meghan's sake, getting rid of *toxin relationships* be they family or friends is the very best thing she can do for herself first and and foremost and for her marriage and child.......there is a book I hold dearly to my life called Learning to Love Yourself that taught me that and it made a world of difference in how I deal with people who have betrayed and abused me, no one needs nor should have this type of abuse that Meghan is going through with her toxic family and the media. I got rid of toxin relationships at great expense to me emotionally and mentally and it helped me survive to this day.........Meghan has Harry and you do not want to mess with Harry when it comes to Meghan and their child as we know how strong and protective he is of her and the baby. Emotions and memories play havoc in our hearts and minds and it is never easy to just walk away and not look back yet it can be done for peace of mind and sanity.......

I strongly believe that for Meghan's sake, getting rid of *toxin relationships* be they family or friends is the very best thing she can do for herself first and and foremost and for her marriage and child.......there is a book I hold dearly to my life called Learning to Love Yourself that taught me that and it made a world of difference in how I deal with people who have betrayed and abused me, no one needs nor should have this type of abuse that Meghan is going through with her toxic family and the media. I got rid of toxin relationships at great expense to me emotionally and mentally and it helped me survive to this day.........Meghan has Harry and you do not want to mess with Harry when it comes to Meghan and their child as we know how strong and protective he is of her and the baby. Emotions and memories play havoc in our hearts and minds and it is never easy to just walk away and not look back yet it can be done for peace of mind and sanity.......

Absolutely agree. Family should not be forgiven simply because you share DNA.
Meghan tried and her family pushed her beyond her boundary. Once you go beyond that point, there is no return

I found this passage similar to what I have been thinking:

"Plainly, this affluent couple have choices and an exit from royal life could liberate them, at once, from vindictive relations and their press facilitators, to say nothing of their current destiny as lifetime specimens for bodily and other analysis..."

If this OTT negativity and biased atmosphere against Meghan continues unabated, at some point, I would not be surprised if the Sussexes decided to decamp to a remote location, possibly in Africa. It could be somewhere inaccessible to the general public and especially to media and paps. Harry could be named a special envoy or ambassador and the Sussexes could raise their children in relative privacy, while possibly still touring occasionally on behalf of the crown.

Now that would serve the relentless critics and tabloid media right, as Meghan would no longer be so easily trolled and criticized. Although surely some stories would continue to be completely made up and/or exaggerated. Of course, if the Sussexes departed from full-time life as royals, true fans and people who bear goodwill toward the Sussexes would be sorely disappointed. I'm already disappointed in not being able to see pictures of beagle Guy and the new dog. I wonder why we can't at least learn the name of the new dog. Maybe because the knowledge would be dissected and criticized. I recall how when people thought the new dog's name was 'Oz,' there was a lot of speculation about whether it had anything to do with the Wizard of Oz or some other inspiration. It's silly to speculate, analyze and dissect the Sussexes, and Meghan in particular, to the extent we have seen happening.

Here's another recent commentary in The Washington Post regarding what the constant negative criticism of Meghan says about Britain and the world:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...s-about-britain-world/?utm_term=.b18ecffc472e

If this OTT negativity and biased atmosphere against Meghan continues unabated, at some point, I would not be surprised if the Sussexes decided to decamp to a remote location, possibly in Africa.

I don't think something like this would ever happen. It would create even more negativity as Harry goes against everything his family stands for and shirks his duty to crown and country and Meghan "made him do it". It would make matters much, much worse than they already are. It would mean that the bullies have won and the Sussex family caved to it. They pretty much have a private life already away from prying eyes exactly where they are right now.

Meghan is a strong woman and very comfortable in her own skin. A woman like this never caves to negativity or reacts to it in public. I'm sure all of this, especially with her father, is deeply upsetting but with a strong support system in Harry and his family, she'll get through this just fine and focus on her newborn child and her royal role where she can actually make a difference for the positive.

The general public are not so easily fooled these days by media stories. They know to take sensational stories with a grain of salt. Especially in the UK where they have lived with rubbish stories for such a long time that turn out to be false and made up.
I myself am not convinced this letter from Meghan to her Dad is real. I just don't believe she wrote it.
And I deserve the right to have that view.
T.

The general public are not so easily fooled these days by media stories. They know to take sensational stories with a grain of salt. Especially in the UK where they have lived with rubbish stories for such a long time that turn out to be false and made up.
I myself am not convinced this letter from Meghan to her Dad is real. I just don't believe she wrote it.
And I deserve the right to have that view.
T.

From the samples I've seen shown, the handwriting is very much Meghan's. She's got beautiful penmanship. Of course, the bits and pieces shown were to highlight her father's complaints and whines but I do definitely believe that the letter was written by Meghan.

You could be very right Osipi, i haven't seen it. But I have become quite a sceptic these days.

Skepticism is a good thing actually, it leads to examining everything from every angle and getting all sides of a story before leaping to conclusions. :flowers:

I don't think something like this would ever happen. It would create even more negativity as Harry goes against everything his family stands for and shirks his duty to crown and country and Meghan "made him do it". It would make matters much, much worse than they already are. It would mean that the bullies have won and the Sussex family caved to it. They pretty much have a private life already away from prying eyes exactly where they are right now.

Meghan is a strong woman and very comfortable in her own skin. A woman like this never caves to negativity or reacts to it in public. I'm sure all of this, especially with her father, is deeply upsetting but with a strong support system in Harry and his family, she'll get through this just fine and focus on her newborn child and her royal role where she can actually make a difference for the positive.

While I wouldn't like the Sussexes to depart to a remote locale anytime soon, I certainly wouldn't see it as them 'caving' to anything. And anyway I was thinking more-so this kind of decision could happen down the road, possibly for a period of time, not forever. It could be a special adventure for the Sussexes, with them still doing important work and occasionally touring as well, but mostly having access to a lot of private time in which to nurture their children. It might be idyllic and strengthening for them at some point, particularly if the 'hunting the Sussexes' atmosphere continues or increases. Obviously, the Sussexes do not have to make such a decision to decamp. But again, I see it as a choice and an option, not any kind of capitulation or running away. At this point, IMHO, the media seem to need the Sussexes much more than they need the media. There are of course, many neutral and objective outlets who are not focused on gossip, trivia, and attacks. I just think more kindness and responsible behavior among all outlets needs to happen posthaste.

Of course, Meghan is exceedingly strong. She's a Leo in case that fact was missed by anyone. Leos have very strong personalities. Plus, it seems to me that Meghan was nurtured by very strong women in her mother and her maternal grandmother. Of course, Meghan has had many positive things to say about her father nurturing her as well when she was young. But she clearly has a very strong bond with her mother, and she once wrote about spending quality time with her mother and grandmother and how much that time together meant to her growing up.

For all we know, there's a history of problems with the Markle family relationships, which made Meghan wary all along about how things might turn out on her wedding day. I detected some nervousness on her part when she was asked about her father during the engagement interview. Still, Meghan clearly hoped her father would attend her wedding. It appears that the sister did everything possible to influence Markle Sr in a negative way in the lead-up to the wedding. But he has clearly made poor choices of his own accord.

Beyond all of that, the shameful negativity toward Meghan is coming from a number of quarters besides her father and half siblings. There is an excess of OTT abuse that is rather shocking and worrisome being directed toward a pregnant woman. Of course, the Sussexes are carrying on gracefully without showing any strain or anxiousness in public. They appear strong in their faith and in their sense of purpose and in their kindness and generosity. But at some point, all of the hate, jealousy and negativity needs to stop. Perpetrators should take pause and examine their motivations and inclinations.

And very obviously, Meghan and Harry are already going about their business and making a difference in so many ways. They are an inspiration and they have been setting an example that is resonating on a number of levels, unsurprisingly. I wouldn't see that changing should Harry at some point be appointed a special role that would take them far away for a period of time to continue making a difference to youth, to the Commonwealth, and to needy people around the world.

From the samples I've seen shown, the handwriting is very much Meghan's. She's got beautiful penmanship. Of course, the bits and pieces shown were to highlight her father's complaints and whines but I do definitely believe that the letter was written by Meghan.

True, and Meghan obviously had to be aware of the possibility that her father would publicly share the letter, so I would think she was careful of what she wrote, while still genuinely doing her best to pour our her heart to her father, letting him know she truly cared and wanted to find a way to keep him in her life.

It's clearly Meghan's handwriting. Take a look at the Larry King interview with Meghan and Patrick J. Adams on Youtube. At the end of that interview, Meghan demonstrates to Larry her calligraphy talent. It's the same handwriting as in the letter, which is very unusual in this day and age. Meghan is also said to have handwritten her own Frogmore wedding reception invitations for last May. That's not surprising, since she used to work on the side producing wedding invitations, while she was trying to land work as an actor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Repeat a lie long enough and it sticks. Not everybody is an astute royal watcher who is able to separate the wheat from the chaff. Damage has been already done to a certain extent worldwide. From where I am at, the negative narrative that is been pushed has stuck regrettably in the main stream media.
As for their popularity of rather the interest they trigger, this is undeniable. As a benchmark, the website. Ever since they've got married, every time i connect to this site, it is always their subforum that has the highest viewership

Last edited:
I read the full print article in People. I don't see anything in the article that was out of line by Meghan's friends. Everything they said was very supportive, reasonable and straightforward, IMO. Possibly, some may not like that her friends pointed out how Meghan has always been royal in the graceful, elegant, and gracious way she has always interacted with people and conducted her life. In other words, as they said, Meghan herself has not changed. It's how she's being viewed publicly that has changed.

I was glad to see it mentioned by Meghan's friends how much Harry is supporting and taking care of Meghan. I'm sure she is doing the same for Harry. Still, it's hard for us to know what kind of emotional toll they might be experiencing, no matter how strong they are. Hopefully, they are being shown a tremendous amount of caring and support from their friends, Doria, and the royal family. Possibly, the worst of the negativity against Meghan is not being shared directly with Meghan and Harry.

As far as references to Meghan doing her own makeup, her own wardrobe styling and all of the cooking for herself and Harry, I think all of the younger royals probably do some of their own cooking. But clearly they all have access to royal staffers, and to utilizing the services of a chef. Also, surely Meghan and Harry have cleaning help. But I understand that the point being made in the article is that the Sussexes aren't into living a grand lifestyle. Possibly, the friends are attempting to point out that Meghan married Harry for love, not for a royal lifestyle. I think that's obvious. But also some of the royal perks are nice, even though being royal comes with a hefty price.

One of the disappointments I have re their union is the whole restrictive nature of being a British royal. IMO, Meghan had a very strong voice in the world, and to a great degree, her voice has been muted, at the same time that her visibility and fame profile have exploded. I suppose Meghan made a conscious decision that she would be making some sacrifices, but that in the long run marrying Harry would allow them both to make a huge difference together on a larger scale than perhaps she felt she was able to achieve in her previous humanitarian pursuits. Since she's also deeply in love, she probably continues to feel the sacrifices she's made have been worth it.

Still, I miss Meghan's ability to be accessibly outspoken, and I miss her Instagram and her Tig where she shared so much of her humanity and her lifestyle, which inspired many young women. Most of all, I miss seeing those sweet pictures she used to share of her dogs. Giving Bogart away/ leaving him behind with friends must have been the hardest sacrifice for her of all.

Last edited:
True, and Meghan obviously had to be aware of the possibility that her father would publicly share the letter, so I would think she was careful of what she wrote, while still genuinely doing her best to pour our her heart to her father, letting him know she truly cared and wanted to find a way to keep him in her life.

It.
but why write to him? Given that he is erratic, it would probably be better to pick up the phone. I suppose he might not have talked to her, but It would be safer than writing him a letter he has now publicised..
I think that before the wedding he was quiet and did not use his relationship with her to get media interest..but she didn't AFAIK try to visit him before her marriage.. when surely that would be the right time to talk to him and advise him that he would have to be very discreet from now on, if he didn't want to hurt her image.

:previous: One of the most level commentaries I have read and the author has a truly wonderful grasp of the English language.

Originally Posted by Catherine Bennet, Observer Columnist for the Guardian
. . . . . seconds after identifying Meghan as breath of fresh air, decided she was also a hardened manipulatrix, cruel to her poor stalker of a daddy, with a way of being pregnant that really pisses off newsroom executives.
(...)

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...le-has-become-a-national-sport-that-shames-us
Within months of her marriage, with zero contribution from their victim, sections of the UK press had identified Meghan as someone of whom virtually anything malicious might be said, regardless of accuracy, public interest and its potential impact on her health. Neither her advancing pregnancy nor one attempted correction has brought any respite.
Morgan is sympathetic, instead, to the emotionally abusive man who, with the unstinting support of the British press, has committed to destroying Meghan’s pleasure in her wedding, her pregnancy and, by the sound of it, her forthcoming motherhood – “her poor father”.
Whatever privacy concessions Meghan Markle was willing (however inexplicably) to make in exchange for royal privileges, she could not, reasonably, have anticipated these sustained personal attacks, for which the sole justification is – ludicrously – that they originate in a man who should ideally be rewarded with a restraining order. Would any of this, it is increasingly asked, given the indulgence extended to most royal hangers-on, have happened if Meghan were not, to use her term, biracial?

Last edited:
but why write to him? Given that he is erratic, it would probably be better to pick up the phone. I suppose he might not have talked to her, but It would be safer than writing him a letter he has now publicised..
I think that before the wedding he was quiet and did not use his relationship with her to get media interest..but she didn't AFAIK try to visit him before her marriage.. when surely that would be the right time to talk to him and advise him that he would have to be very discreet from now on, if he didn't want to hurt her image.

Who knows @Denville? There's obviously a lot we don't know about the family relationships. But there are things we can surmise. IMO, the obvious bitterness of the half siblings surely plays some role in the tangled relationships. Samantha has admitted to encouraging her father to do the very thing that he said Meghan & Harry had warned him against doing. I would guess that in writing the letter after her wedding, Meghan was genuinely hoping to reach her father, and that she could not be certain he wouldn't listen to reason. Therefore, she made an honest attempt to get through to him, while at the same time keeping in mind that he'd already shown a propensity for not being trustworthy.

In terms of whether or not Meghan reached out to her father for a visit before her engagement annoucement, I don't think we can say with certainty that no attempts were made by Meghan and Harry to visit her father. OTOH, it's possible that while they were still courting and navigating other concerns, including work commitments and obstacles they needed to surmount in their path toward marriage, they may have wished to allow 'sleeping dogs to lie' in regard to Markle Sr, as he was in an undisclosed location in Mexico. The media did not discover Markle Sr's whereabouts until after the engagement announcement. And it has been suspected that one of Markle Sr's brothers leaked the location. M&H and KP went out of their way to invite Markle Sr to come to London well ahead of the wedding so that he could get acclimated, and they could assist him and make him feel comfortable. Markle Sr publicly revealed this himself.

I would suggest reading Andrew Morton's book on Meghan. Despite the obvious filler, presumptions, and the trivial fluff that was excerpted, Morton did conduct substantial research in L.A., which probably involved some attempt to cross-check stories. He did not speak to Meghan's half-sister, but Morton talked to Thomas Markle Jr, and to former school friends of Meghan's, teachers, etc., as well as former neighbors and friends of Doria and Thomas Markle, Sr. The book contains some informative and enlightening details in addition to a lot of interesting photographs.

Last edited:

:previous: That's exactly what I am thinking. An additional thought: we all admire women like the "Dowagers of old", like the Dowager Countess of Grantham or other ladies with a spine of steel. Queen Mom comes to mind. They were all born with certain character traits but it is what they had to go through in life that made them: forged in fire and ice.

Meghan is there to stay. She is obviously welcomed as part of her new family and there are many good female mentors to find: from a female queen with a very male husband, to a former "mistress" who became a future queen, to a duchess and a countess who have been both stripped of their dignity by the media. There are the two princesses who grew up as the daughters of a duchess who did some very wrong steps - and "blood tells, right?" the media not whispered but yelled for most of their lives.

Then there are the men who have stood proudly in defending their "beloved" ladies through showing their care in public - Meghan is part of an extraordinary family full of understanding for her position. Plus the Royals have truly loyal servants - and the way Meghan was welcomed by the family surely gave her a good standing with them as well.

So I think she is here to stay, she is not one to be cowed by hostile people. If the loss of her paternal family is the prize she has to pay for her new family, she payed it knowingly. Her father wasn't a man of complete virtue on dealing with his family after all before, and as much as it might hurt her personally, she sees her duty to protect the family she is now part of and if that means to cut him of, she'll do it. Life at court has alwys been a tough way to life, for the prize of the place in the limelight is high. She entered there because of her love for Harry and she will stand tall there, because she loves him and is loved back.
And the media? Must loose out in the end, because they cannot break Meghan, they can only forge her into a very sharp lady indeed. I'm to old to see her in her later years but I am sure she'll be a remarkable old Duchess like those in the old times we hear talked about still.

She like Catherine, were good choices as wifes. They both have a warm heart but a core of steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom