Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 2: December 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so that you’re all speculating about the same thing here’s the quote from the original DF article on Nov 17th. It’s the DF so I’m not including a link.

“Six or seven a day – that’s the number of texts the new Duchess of Sussex sends to palace aides with ideas and requests.

She’s an early riser, up at 5am rain or shine, and it is said palace staff have never experienced anything remotely like Meghan’s formidable work ethic, matched only by the incessant stream of ideas about how to shape her role.”

They reference texts sent per day not emails and they don’t say when she sends them. So as jacqui24 has suggested several times can we stop conflating her wake up time with when she sends text messages. :bang:

Last edited:
Either way, my post specifically only talked about texts as I was referring to the overall idea that sending a non urgent, 5am, texts was an acceptable thing- it’s not.
Emailing is a different matter as most people do not have their email app on notifications mode. I have emailed during the night and early morning myself.

Considering the source of the article how do we know that any of it had a basis in fact?

Let's move on from speculation and rumour concerning the Duchess of Sussex's texting habits.

Please note that several posts containing YouTube video clips of the Duchess of Sussex when she was Ms Meghan Markle have been removed as they do not constitute current General News for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex - the royal Forums is not an extension of YouTube. Thank you.

I've read Larcombe's biography of Harry and it seems he is adapting the same procedures to this article as he did to the biography. That is, a lot of cut and paste while in addition adding smears of Meghan from unidentified anonymous sources and a bit of a trawl through tabloid files of the last six months.

Just because this man is a professional journalist and once wrote a book on Harry doesn't make him an expert on the Sussexes. And in fact what he states about the Royal reporters being blanked directly contradicts what many of those same reporters were saying when accompanying the couple on tour. Seems to me Mr Larcombe has just decided to put the boot in like many of his fellow journos in this case.

Last edited:

Duncan wasn't even on the tour yet is contradicting what those actually there said of the experience? Make it make sense. In fact Rob Jobson went on TV and mentioned how when they all had to share a charter plane, Harry and Meghan came and spoke to all of the press and personally thanked them for covering their tour. He said it was a nice touch and it was unexpected.

I get that gossip is their business but when they can't even keep their stories straight between each other then it just seems a bit silly. Duncan seems annoyed that Harry has grown up from the days of being a reckless party boy and is now acting like a senior royal who is a husband and father to be. Let the man mature. I know you miss your headlines but oh well.

I think these "journalists" believe when they have a close moment with a royal they have an all access pass to that royal's secrets and life. If the royal doesn't spill tea the journo trashes the royal. Harry was a mess but he grew up. He is a husband and soon to be father. These Harry-is-whipped-because-he-won't- disrespect-Meghan-with-partying-and-skirt chasing stories are getting old.

There are so many bizarre things from “insiders” there that I don’t even know where to start. Page Six is known for being a gossiper for those that don’t know. What’s odd here is that it doesn’t seem their “sources” are sharing anything that any inside details, but their personal opinions analyzing a story from afar. With many flawed logic. I always find it weird that supposed “insiders”, if they are actually close to Meghan and Harry, seem to get basic facts wrong. Like blaming ELF and Samantha leaving on Meghan. Truth of matter is, a lot of royal staff has left from a number of households in the last couple of years. And the press has tried to blame a number of them on a Meghan even if they didn’t work for her or even KP.

Btw, I find this narrative that Harry is hating on the press because Meghan wants him to odd. Meghan is actually the nicest of the young royals to the press. While she isn’t as chatty with them as Camilla is, she at least acknowledges that there are human beings standing there rather than just being plain uncooperative like some other young royals have been and treat them as air. That’s actually been pointed out at times by RRs covering her event.

Last edited:
I think these "journalists" believe when they have a close moment with a royal they have an all access pass to that royal's secrets and life. If the royal doesn't spill tea the journo trashes the royal. Harry was a mess but he grew up. He is a husband and soon to be father. These Harry-is-whipped-because-he-won't- disrespect-Meghan-with-partying-and-skirt chasing stories are getting old.

There does seem to be a few noses out of joint because they can’t handle the fact that Harry has grown up. He’s not that same royal wild child they loved writing about.

It's frustrating, when these factually incorrect articles get quoted everywhere once some reporter decides/is told to write a story. This article had so many facts wrong, that it's hard to believe any of it is true.

Stupid. They had just been forced by circumstances to announce the pregnancy. And who would be surprised there were no pally drink nights? No sidling up to share bestie opinions?

Also, Harry now has a life partner which nicely fills a lot of his companionship needs on tour. No surprise that he has stopped the extra social events that filled lonely nights.

:bang:

There are so many bizarre things from “insiders” there that I don’t even know where to start. Page Six is known for being a gossiper for those that don’t know. What’s odd here is that it doesn’t seem their “sources” are sharing anything that any inside details, but their personal opinions analyzing a story from afar. With many flawed logic. I always find it weird that supposed “insiders”, if they are actually close to Meghan and Harry, seem to get basic facts wrong. Like blaming ELF and Samantha leaving on Meghan. Truth of matter is, a lot of royal staff has left from a number of households in the last couple of years. And the press has tried to blame a number of them on a Meghan even if they didn’t work for her or even KP.

Btw, I find this narrative that Harry is hating on the press because Meghan wants him to odd. Meghan is actually the nicest of the young royals to the press. While she isn’t as chatty with them as Camilla is, she at least acknowledges that there are human beings standing there rather than just being plain uncooperative like some other young royals have been and treat them as air. That’s actually been pointed out at times by RRs covering her event.

Only one person left that could be possibly attributed to Meghan. ELF was supposed to leave earlier but only stayed on to help, Samantha's original problem was with Buckingham Palace but was loaned to H&M to help them for 6 months but then agreed to stay on until a replacement was found. The RPO left the entire force all together for personal reasons and yet EVERY article uses their leaving as proof against Meghan, and Meghan ONLY.

Everyone need to respect the fact that - Harry is now in his thirties, married and about to become a father for the first time. He can’t be the same immature prince as everyone used to know him as. We know folks had tons of fun with him during that time. Those days are long gone. He’s a grown man with responsibilities on his shoulders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one person left that could be possibly attributed to Meghan. ELF was supposed to leave earlier but only stayed on to help, Samantha's original problem was with Buckingham Palace but was loaned to H&M to help them for 6 months but then agreed to stay on until a replacement was found. The RPO left the entire force all together for personal reasons and yet EVERY article uses their leaving as proof against Meghan, and Meghan ONLY.

Not to mention that the woman that's been with Meghan the closest and longest seems to be happy whenever we see her and fiercely protective of her boss. Amy Pickerill was sequestered by Harry's office early on during their engagement to support Meghan. She's works closer with Meghan than any of these people that are supposedly so close to Meghan.

Everyone need to respect the fact that - Harry is now in his thirties, married and about to become a father for the first time. He can’t be the same immature prince as everyone used to know him as. We know folks had tons of fun with him during that time. Those days are long gone. He’s a grown man with responsibilities on his shoulders.

Very, very true. That said, if and again I said if, there's any truth to the rumors that he's become demanding, rude, and high maintenance with his staff and others around him, then that's a problem. One can be a mature, adult, grown man without being a jerk. Again, we don't know if there's any truth to those rumors or not, though personally I wouldn't be surprised if there's a hint of truth in them given all of the stresses that have played out over the last year in the lives of the Sussexes. No one should be expecting Harry to be the immature, party boy, playing the field prince that he was in his younger days but at the same time, being a responsible adult with adult responsibilities doesn't mean you have to completely change your easy-going, down to earth, lighthearted, familiar type of personality and should it be the case that Harry's personality has drastically changed then I can see where it would have caught his staff and those close to him completely off guard and caused concern.

Very, very true. That said, if and again I said if, there's any truth to the rumors that he's become demanding, rude, and high maintenance with his staff and others around him, then that's a problem. One can be a mature, adult, grown man without being a jerk. Again, we don't know if there's any truth to those rumors or not, though personally I wouldn't be surprised if there's a hint of truth in them given all of the stresses that have played out over the last year in the lives of the Sussexes. No one should be expecting Harry to be the immature, party boy, playing the field prince that he was in his younger days but at the same time, being a responsible adult with adult responsibilities doesn't mean you have to completely change your easy-going, down to earth, lighthearted, familiar type of personality and should it be the case that Harry's personality has drastically changed then I can see where it would have caught his staff and those close to him completely off guard and caused concern.

I really do think this have something to do with Harry maturing. It was popular to write about the Vegas prince and Nazi uniform prince. The folks in the media weren’t prepared to let that kind of prince go.

Also, some folks have a problem with, Meghan. Everybody and their mama was looking to see how Meghan would handle that big tour. I don’t think people was prepared for her to perform that well. After the royal couple got back - there was this idea that, Meghan, think she’s too much and have a big head. So there was a major effort - online and in the press - to bring, Meghan, down to size. Like as if she think she’s the future Queen and leaving, Catherine, in the dust.

In some parts the royal watchers world; there’s not enough room in London for these two popular Duchesses. You can only like one, but, not both.

When Harry and Meghan announced their engagement Duncan was on one of the many shows talking about it and "joked" that he hoped marriage wouldn't make Harry "boring" because they enjoyed his wild side. So color me not surprised that he is complaining about the very thing he said he hoped wouldn't happen.

Duncan has another book to promote. He makes a living off these people making headlines and the popular prince is not giving him the material he desires. As I mentioned up-thread, he speaks of what happened on tour when he was not there which directly contradicts what was said by RRs who were actually there.

I really do think this have something to do with Harry maturing. It was popular to write about the Vegas prince and Nazi uniform prince. The folks in the media weren’t prepared to let that kind of prince go.

Also, some folks have a problem with, Meghan. Everybody and their mama was looking to see how Meghan would handle that big tour. I don’t think people was prepared for her to perform that well. After the royal couple got back - there was this idea that, Meghan, think she’s too much and have a big head. So there was a major effort - online and in the press - to bring, Meghan, down to size. Like as if she think she’s the future Queen and leaving, Catherine, in the dust.

In some parts the royal watchers world; there’s not enough room in London for these two popular Duchesses. You can only like one, but, not both.

What has bothered me about this whole narrative they all of sudden decided to push in the last couple of months (and in the months leading up to it, it was that they are too friendly with staff) is that it's all blamed on Meghan. Harry, supposedly, acts high maintenance, it's Meghan's fault. Even if Harry is behaving that way, why is it Meghan's fault? The press seems to push that narrative. This is all Meghan's fault. Regardless if it's her actions or others. Meghan works hard, then she's demanding. She has a lot of ideas of what she wants to do, then that's too much for KP staff to handle. Instead questioning if KP has sufficient staff or competent staff if they really can't handle it, Meghan is demanding. I could go on, but I think we all get the point.

At what point do people stop blaming everything on the woman, even actions by her husband, and go out of their way to portray something that's positive and turn it into a negative?

Duncan and others thought they would have the wild and mischievous Harry around much longer before turning their attention to the Cambridge kids. All of this, despite Harry being very candid with the media on his personal desire of wanting to settle down with someone who can handle to royal job and have some kids.

Harry made the transition to being a husband, Duke and full time royal senior royal, and, some royal watchers and royal reporters/correspondents didn’t make that transition with him. They expected this out of William, but not Harry. The narrative of Harry being the ‘Princess Margaret’ of the Family was decided long ago and he’s messing with their chosen narrative.

What has bothered me about this whole narrative they all of sudden decided to push in the last couple of months (and in the months leading up to it, it was that they are too friendly with staff) is that it's all blamed on Meghan. Harry, supposedly, acts high maintenance, it's Meghan's fault. Even if Harry is behaving that way, why is it Meghan's fault? The press seems to push that narrative. This is all Meghan's fault. Regardless if it's her actions or others. Meghan works hard, then she's demanding. She has a lot of ideas of what she wants to do, then that's too much for KP staff to handle. Instead questioning if KP has sufficient staff or competent staff if they really can't handle it, Meghan is demanding. I could go on, but I think we all get the point.

At what point do people stop blaming everything on the woman, even actions by her husband, and go out of their way to portray something that's positive and turn it into a negative?

Some folks have a problem with, Meghan, being a former actress and American. Despite the royal family and British people and parts of the Commonwealth welcoming her with open arms - she wasn’t plucked from the English Home Counties and some think she’s too much of an outsider. Too much change, in their opinion.

So the idea is now to make her a problem and everything that surrounds her a problem.

Last edited:
The weird thing is, Harry has never been a playboy like they keep calling him. He's had two long term relationship before meeting his wife. Yet everyone tries to link him to every single woman that comes within ten feet of him. While Harry partied and such, there has never been any evidence that he jumped from women to women and played the field.

Bingo. I certainly hope Harry hasn't taken his frustrations with the press out on his staff, but it honestly wouldn't shock me. But how exactly that is Meghan's fault is beyond me. Especially since Meghan seems nothing but attentive and kind to those around her given her relationships with the Suits backstage crew and stuff. She makes an effort to acknowledge the press event, giving them New Years wishes or saying hello. This blaming everything on the wife is just plain old sexism at work. Apparently, grown men are not actually in control of their own lives, decisions, and emotions :bang:

Harry has always been known as one of the most easy-going and beloved royals among the BRF staff. I really hope that hasn't changed, for the record. However, if he feels his staff is not respecting his wife as they should, then he has every right to call that out. Meghan is also their boss too. I have long felt the now infamous "what Meghan wants, she gets" comment has been taken out of context. The context possibly being staff going over Meghan to Harry with things or ignoring her requests. But of course, that doesn't make as juicy a story as demanding Meghan makes put upon Harry go after he staff.

Last edited:
And btw, Harry is not the first man to say "whatever (insert SO name) wants, she gets". Nor is it always a bad thing when I've heard it. Yet somehow that's such scandalous and terrible thing for Harry to say. Some people actually finds it sweet to a husband/fiance wants to give their SO the best they can.

I do notice that the narrative shifts as the story dies down. For a while we had that Meghan was too nice "Huggy Wuggy" was the DM mocking her. Remember that story? Then it was that she engages too much which is a security threat.

I guess when they didn't work so they switched to she is mean and makes people cry and flee from her evilness. Now that has been picked apart and not going over as well as they hope it has now turned into she is making Harry too serious because he doesn't joke around with some of the press anymore.

My goodness pick a lane.

I do notice that the narrative shifts as the story dies down. For a while we had that Meghan was too nice "Huggy Wuggy" was the DM mocking her. Remember that story? Then it was that she engages too much which is a security threat.

I guess when they didn't work so they switched to she is mean and makes people cry and flee from her evilness. Now that has been picked apart and not going over as well as they hope it has now turned into she is making Harry too serious because he doesn't joke around with some of the press anymore.

My goodness pick a lane.

All these articles about friction between Meghan (and Harry) with the staff for whatever reason (different working style, or as some article strongly suggest members of staff are snobby towards Meghan)

The next phase of reporting as the Sussexes hire new people and form their own team is going to be how staff the Sussexes have chosen are rude and pushy towards the royal household staff and how their team is causing problems

We already see some mentions of Amy being called pushy in articles and the media calling the Sussex's security team during the tour overly aggressive

Last edited:
:previous: The Duchess Meghan V Duchess Catherine seems to have started a wildfire. The Police were discussing the hours it takes to cover the hate messages on social media and places like the DM. It seems both ladies have been threatened to a degree that the police find shocking. If a C fan tells an M fan to go drink bleach they have long left the gossip lane and are on the expressway to crazytown. The trouble is that crazy's are totally unpredictable and therefore pose a significant threat to both Duchesses.

The PPO's are taking it seriously and that is why Meghan shutting her own door is a nono as, should a crazy get past the police, there is nowhere for Meghan to go because the car door is shut and most new cars automatically lock.

We know the seatbelt alarm is turned off so the PPO can do his/her job without the alarm driving everyone nuts. It also seems that they will be looking into modifications to the automatic locking system. Now if that doesn't scare you it sure scares me and the police.

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically, courtesy of the paparazzi creating vile stories about Meghan and Catherine and fanning the flames of discontent and blaming Meghan because she supposedly made Catherine cry, etc., they have created a sick and seething army of fans hating on both duchesses and each other.

The truly sickening part is that someone has said they are praying for the deaths of the Cambridge children! Similar comments are directed at the Sussex baby.

What kind of person would say that about little children?
Who could even think that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom