The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 04:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

My cell phone lets me block out all messages during a certain time frame (I do 10 pm to 7 am or something) unless it's my special group of family who can get thru 24/7.

But I believe the originally story with Meghan was email not text.

LaRae

Old 01-22-2019, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

We don’t know if the story is true. If so, why should anyone have a problem with a boss emailing an employee? I’d say, “be grateful that you have a job to even get an email from a boss.” There’s too many people out there that would die to have a job and get an email from their boss.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-22-2019, 05:58 PM
Nobility

Like was said we don’t know if the rumor is true.
But either way, texting an employee at 5am (when it is not an emergency) is simply impolite and makes it look like you think of them as nothing more than slaves at your back and call. If it is not an emergency write it down on paper and share it later when they arrive at the office.

Yes one should be grateful to have a job (and if it is something you are passionate and good at more to you!), but it does not mean you have to suffer through poor treatment from your boss... and 5am texts is poor treatment.

My phone is on vibrate almost all the time, and still I can hear texts coming in (luckily in my country we mostly use whatsapp and the notification ntoces for that app is turned “off”!).
Old 01-22-2019, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Again, let's not conflate things. Even the tabloids haven't gone to the point of texting at 5AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
But either way, texting an employee at 5am (when it is not an emergency) is simply impolite and makes it look like you think of them as nothing more than slaves at your back and call. If it is not an emergency write it down on paper and share it later when they arrive at the office.

Yes one should be grateful to have a job (and if it is something you are passionate and good at more to you!), but it does not mean you have to suffer through poor treatment from your boss... and 5am texts is poor treatment.

My phone is on vibrate almost all the time, and still I can hear texts coming in (luckily in my country we mostly use whatsapp and the notification ntoces for that app is turned “off”!).
The specific comment you referred to is talking about sending out emails. I see nothing wrong with sending them out early so that they can start working on it when they get in instead of waiting 3 or 4 hours.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post

Getting an email for your boss isn’t poor treatment. I get emails and even texts from my boss. When I get up in the morning or get to my computer in the afternoon, I see them and answer. That’s what happens on a job.

This is all speculation anyway.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Classic case of telephone at work. The 5am wake up to do yoga and sending a bunch of emails of ideas has turned 5am texts. Ah, rumors and speculation.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Classic case of telephone at work. The 5am wake up to do yoga and sending a bunch of emails of ideas has turned 5am texts. Ah, rumors and speculation.
It’s all enough to drive one up the wall.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-22-2019, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've emailed people quite late at night (2am/3am), but never texts. I usually go to sleep with my phone in silent mode, they should to the same. If I let my phone without the silent mode, I'll hear facebook, emails, whatsapp, twitter notifications all night. I do remember one time I sent a work to my collegue through email, and she woke up and was angry at me. Some people are sensitive, but I was also intrigued why they won't put their phone on silent mode.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan sends texts/emails several times a day, and wakes at 5am, two separate issues. And other then Harry who she might wake up when she crawls out of bed at 5am, don't know anyone can complain about either one. Texts and emails from your boss are pretty standard things.

I used to have to remind myself, when I worked nights, which of my friends and family didn't turn their text noise off at night. I would forget at times, if I decided to text someone on my coffee break at 3am, that they would be asleep and that would not be appropriate. But many of my friends and family turn off their noise so they don't get text notifications at night time. Thankfully my schedule is normal now and I don't have to worry about such things.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Ahhhh... the pitfalls of modern technology. Instant communication at the fingertips no matter what time of day (or night) it is. All I'll say is that if Meghan is emailing or texting for work purposes, it just tells me that she's actively having thoughts and plans about things related to work issues and that's not a bad thing. Shows she's not a slacker.

As far as annoyances, I cannot relate as I do not use phones at all as a rule and the one I do have is intellectually challenged. Emails are my forte.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-23-2019, 02:29 AM
Aristocracy

Just so that you’re all speculating about the same thing here’s the quote from the original DF article on Nov 17th. It’s the DF so I’m not including a link.

“Six or seven a day – that’s the number of texts the new Duchess of Sussex sends to palace aides with ideas and requests.

She’s an early riser, up at 5am rain or shine, and it is said palace staff have never experienced anything remotely like Meghan’s formidable work ethic, matched only by the incessant stream of ideas about how to shape her role.”

They reference texts sent per day not emails and they don’t say when she sends them. So as jacqui24 has suggested several times can we stop conflating her wake up time with when she sends text messages.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:49 AM
Nobility

Either way, my post specifically only talked about texts as I was referring to the overall idea that sending a non urgent, 5am, texts was an acceptable thing- it’s not.
Emailing is a different matter as most people do not have their email app on notifications mode. I have emailed during the night and early morning myself.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:11 AM
Majesty

Considering the source of the article how do we know that any of it had a basis in fact?
Old 01-23-2019, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Let's move on from speculation and rumour concerning the Duchess of Sussex's texting habits.

Please note that several posts containing YouTube video clips of the Duchess of Sussex when she was Ms Meghan Markle have been removed as they do not constitute current General News for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex - the royal Forums is not an extension of YouTube. Thank you.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness

https://www.theguardian.com/food/sho...oast-whisperer

And here's the source for the above article:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs2csAnh2NP/
Old 01-24-2019, 10:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Does this go here? Is there a former life thread for Meghan?

"Meghan Markle's former TV series Suits has been axed... a year after she quit the show to marry Prince Harry"
Old 01-27-2019, 04:14 AM
Majesty

Make what you will of this article....

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/26/how-m...-prince-harry/
Old 01-27-2019, 04:35 AM
Majesty

I've read Larcombe's biography of Harry and it seems he is adapting the same procedures to this article as he did to the biography. That is, a lot of cut and paste while in addition adding smears of Meghan from unidentified anonymous sources and a bit of a trawl through tabloid files of the last six months.

Just because this man is a professional journalist and once wrote a book on Harry doesn't make him an expert on the Sussexes. And in fact what he states about the Royal reporters being blanked directly contradicts what many of those same reporters were saying when accompanying the couple on tour. Seems to me Mr Larcombe has just decided to put the boot in like many of his fellow journos in this case.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:51 AM
Courtier

I completely agree with Curryong.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Make what you will of this article....

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/26/how-m...-prince-harry/
Duncan wasn't even on the tour yet is contradicting what those actually there said of the experience? Make it make sense. In fact Rob Jobson went on TV and mentioned how when they all had to share a charter plane, Harry and Meghan came and spoke to all of the press and personally thanked them for covering their tour. He said it was a nice touch and it was unexpected.

I get that gossip is their business but when they can't even keep their stories straight between each other then it just seems a bit silly. Duncan seems annoyed that Harry has grown up from the days of being a reckless party boy and is now acting like a senior royal who is a husband and father to be. Let the man mature. I know you miss your headlines but oh well.

Closed Thread