the Meghan effect in fashion choices.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-fashion-brand

Old 01-01-2019, 01:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
This is a very positive article. Interesting that the label whose dress the tag was left on during the tour felt it only brought more [good] interest and publicity to the label.

Should this be in the fashion thread?
Old 01-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post

More

Old 01-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if there is a general news thread for Harry? So I'll post this here.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new..._Click_TWshare

If this is true, and considering the source that's truly an if, it'd be a great thing in his role at Captain General. It's always a boost for morale when there is involvement from someone in a position like Harry. I hope he stays safe along with all of the marines participating.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the spin on this article is a bit much but reading about the exercises that Harry will participate makes me think that he's walking around with a huge grin on his face in anticipation. Almost to the level of "boys and their toys" kind of thing but I know Harry takes this kind of thing seriously.

Its also going to give him a chance to go back to the Arctic once again. I wonder if he'll have a minute or three to build another ice castle loo for the troops like he did when he went up there with Walking for the Wounded.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-04-2019, 07:00 PM
Majesty

I'm sure I've read about these international military exercises in Norway before, years ago in connection with Harry, speculating that he might join in. I think they are held on a regular basis every few years. Nothing to do with Russia but great for training troops in snow and ice and stark terrain. Harry will love it, just his cup of tea!
Old 01-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Especially the sentence about 'it is not due to be officially announced' and 'the Mirror has agreed not to publish sensitive details' is fishy...

If true, something like this would normally have been announced after his visit (the description looks much more like a visit than participation in the exercise).
Old 01-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I suspect it is true merely as it seems something of KP's usual trick when they have a PR problem to use the military to try to turn it around.

They did the same when William was getting stick for flying helicopters onto the Middleton's field- not long after he was flying the body of a service man killed in action in Iraq or Afghanistan back.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:27 PM
Majesty

Apparently it’s been confirmed but according to the DM ‘He won’t be in uniform, it is a visit. He’s going to show his support for the troops’, the source told the Mail.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:38 AM
Majesty

This is one of his first engagements as the ceremonial head (Captain General) of Marines after taking over the position from his grandfather. He wants to support the Marines. Norway has hosted several of these international military exercises, and as someone who has been on active service twice in war zones I'm sure Harry will fit it fine with it all.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

NATO has had a training bas in Norway since at least 2003. Marines and other troops from numerous member nations have used it for winter training grounds, including the US marines. Nothing new about these manoeuvres. Actually this fall there was one of the largest of these events.

It makes sense Harry is just going as a visit. It doesn't mean he won't participate in some. But he is going as a veteran, as a royal patron, not as an active duty military officer on duty.

KP does announce some events ahead. Likely hear more as get closer.

Nice to see Harry out at such event for his new position with the marines.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:12 AM
Royal Highness

So much for the tabloid rubbish that Meghan has stopped drinking tea! During today's engagement in Birkenhead, she was offered a cup of coffee which she politely declined. She requested mint tea instead. Read it on the Hello website.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
So much for the tabloid rubbish that Meghan has stopped drinking tea! During today's engagement in Birkenhead, she was offered a cup of coffee which she politely declined. She requested mint tea instead. Read it on the Hello website.
They technically didn’t say she stopped, just that she “banned” Harry from it. Or at least that’s what the headlines said. I didn’t bother reading the article, so it could’ve been in there that she doesn’t drink tea.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
They technically didn’t say she stopped, just that she “banned” Harry from it. Or at least that’s what the headlines said. I didn’t bother reading the article, so it could’ve been in there that she doesn’t drink tea.
There are dfferent kinds of tea as well. Mint tea likely does not contain caffeine.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
There are dfferent kinds of tea as well. Mint tea likely does not contain caffeine.
Not the point I was trying to make.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Not the point I was trying to make.
Sure, I was following on from the person to whom you responded, and bringing up a different, but not unrelated point.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
A lot of women quit caffeine or limit it when pregnant. That may be all there is to the story. The mint tea may be herbal.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:14 PM
Royal Highness

Exactly. And that is the point I was making. I believe by virtue of being mint, the tea is herbal.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Exactly. And that is the point I was making. I believe by virtue of being mint, the tea is herbal.
Not necessarily, black or green tea can have mint added to it.

But I imagine avoiding caffeine is the motivation for probable herbal mint tea in this case.

Closed Thread